Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-10-2004, 11:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey, did you see that goof?

I was watching Felicity Was Here recently and began to think of a discussion that jj and Matt had in the commentary. They talked about filming random scenes in New York City and then having to make sure that they matched up the wardrobe worn in those scenes with what the character wore in the next scene. Sometimes they didn't always succed and joked about having a contest to try and spot the goofs.

I thought it would be interesting to see how many of those goofs we spotted with the clothes and also just cuts between scenes where little things were wrong.

I noticed in Felicity Was Here when Felicity is packing up to go home after Meghan leaves and she walks into the closet and turns on the light she starts to take her clothes down from the rod but then there is a knock on the door and she walks out of the closet carrying a shoe box. I know it's a little thing but after you've watched the episodes as many times as I have you notice these things.

Here is something with the clothes not matching up. In True Colors Felicity arrives for work at the Health Center wearing a red cardigan sweater with a wheat colored top underneath of it but in the next scene the colors are reversed. Now the cardigan is light tan and the top underneath is red.

Let's see if anyone else spotted some editing goofs.

Love, Jan
Old 04-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Great topic, Jan! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

In "Felicity Was Here", Felicity had her hair down in the shot where she was on her way to see Ben and tell him that she's decided to go to Berlin with Noel. Yet, in the next scene, when she was at the loft talking to Ben, she had her hair in a ponytail. Also, there was an episode in the second part of season two ( I'm not sure which one it was, maybe it was "Running Mates" ) where they showed Felicity walking down the street, but right in the next scene it was more than obvious that her hair was much longer than when she was walking on the street in the previous shot.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Total Fan

Diana, you and I certainly must share a brain because those are the two things I was going to mention!

Great topic, Jan. I will try to recall some other examples since Diana stole mine. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Tumblr
Old 04-10-2004, 07:54 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm glad you like the topic and I hope we get some more people to tell us of the goofs that they noticed.

Diana, In the episode "Running Mates" that you mentioned where she was walking down the street and her hair suddenly got longer did you also notice that she was on her way to see Sean but she went up the stairs to a brownstone and not the loft?

Someone mentioned earlier how Ben's hair kept changing in the pool scene in Great Expectations. While he is talking to Felicity about her father his hair kept going from combed to messed up and back agin.

Love, Jan
Old 04-11-2004, 07:24 AM
Total Fan

Jan, I didn't notice that about Scott's hair. Which scene is that?

Tumblr
Old 04-11-2004, 08:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by erinw:
<STRONG>Jan, I didn't notice that about Scott's hair. Which scene is that?</STRONG>
Erin, It's the scene where they are in the pool and he asked her about her dad. As they keep going back and forth between Ben and Felicity his hair keeps changing. One shot it's spiky like he just came up out of the water and then the next it's smoothed down.

Love, Jan
Old 04-13-2004, 08:10 PM
New Fan

Hi everyone. Sorry this isn't on discussion.. I was just watching an episode of felicity.. I believe from junior year ... it's the one where felicity and noel fight saying i don't want to see you again and he's going to be graduating. eventually they take back what they said and stay friends... There's this scene i found touching but bittersweet(seeing as i wish her and noel ended up together).. it's the scene where ...

(paraphrasing)
She knocks on his door "i've been trying to think of what to say".. "I don't think you know what it's like knowing someone like you.. what you did"... And he explains it really wasn't that big of a deal and she tells him "Noel I don't know what i'd do without you" and he tells her the same and she smiles at him and leaves and he gives this smile yet sad smile and shuts the door. ...

Anyways, I found that scene to be sad yet touching.. cause i could see a best friends having to do that and how bittersweet it'd all be. I found it sad how when she showed up and after saying "i've been trying to figure out how to say this".. he makes this face like " i know what's going to happen" sighs...

sorry that was random... at least it was felicity related =)
Old 04-13-2004, 09:38 PM
Passionate Fan

neverending story, Welcome to the Felicity board. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] We are always glad to see new people here and I hope you come back often.

The episode you mentioned was The Break-Up Kit. Felicity and Noel were always best friends and the scene you talked about really showed how much they cared about each other.

Love, Jan

P.S. Since you are a supporter of Felicity and Noel why don't you check out this thread and talk to some other fans of the couple. FAN Appreciation Thread
Old 04-14-2004, 06:34 AM
Supreme Fan

neverending story, Welcome to the Felicity board. That is a very nice scene tha you mentioned between Noel & Felicity.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:07 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Granny:

Erin, It's the scene where they are in the pool and he asked her about her dad. As they keep going back and forth between Ben and Felicity his hair keeps changing. One shot it's spiky like he just came up out of the water and then the next it's smoothed down.
Jan, I watched this scene today and you are right. I can't believe I didn't notice that before. I obviously spend way too much time staring at his face, his lips and, in this scene, his incredibly broad shoulders. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Tumblr
Old 04-17-2004, 05:36 PM
New Fan

HI Granny,
Thank you for the welcome!! =) I look forward to posting more on this felicity forum. i love the show soo much and of course I love noel and felicity!!! =)
Old 06-01-2005, 12:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey Guys

In season 4's episode The Graduate there is a goof. In the scene when she is sitting at the table with her parents and they are giving her a hard time about following Ben, Felicity's hair is down with a thin braid on one side of her head. Then they switch to her parents and when they switch back to Felicity, her braid is on the other side of her head. I thought that was funny. My sister actually pointed it out to me and now every time i see that episode I can't help but notice it.

~ Dawson's Creek ~ Jack & Jill ~ Medium ~ Grey's Anatomy ~
Old 06-01-2005, 02:42 PM
Total Fan

Yeah, even Scott Foley mentioned that goof in the commentary he did for that episode. I think he also said he didn't like that braid on Keri. I thought it was kind of cute myself.

Tumblr
Old 06-02-2005, 12:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Original Fanatic**
Hey Guys

In season 4's episode The Graduate there is a goof. In the scene when she is sitting at the table with her parents and they are giving her a hard time about following Ben, Felicity's hair is down with a thin braid on one side of her head. Then they switch to her parents and when they switch back to Felicity, her braid is on the other side of her head. I thought that was funny. My sister actually pointed it out to me and now every time i see that episode I can't help but notice it.

yeah i noticed that too when i first watched the episode...its just a bit of a screw up during the editing process
Old 06-03-2005, 12:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinw
Yeah, even Scott Foley mentioned that goof in the commentary he did for that episode. I think he also said he didn't like that braid on Keri. I thought it was kind of cute myself.

Yeah, I liked the braid too. I am a definite fan of her hair curly but I loved in season 4 when they started to make her hair straight. She looks good anyway.

By the way, where did you see Scott Foley's commentary? Was it on the DVD?

~ Dawson's Creek ~ Jack & Jill ~ Medium ~ Grey's Anatomy ~