Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-15-2004, 02:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Elena appreciation thread

One of the things I love about this show is the array of characters. Its the youth drama to have a truly multi-cultural cast. I always loved the character of Elena. Too bad we didn't have more moments with Fel and Elena.

What do you guys think about her?
Old 09-15-2004, 03:13 AM
Passionate Fan

genki, Thanks for starting an appreciation thread for Elena. I loved the character of Elena. She was smart and focused and a great friend to Felicity. Even the storyline where she slept with the professor was realistic because it happens more often than we like to admit. I also loved her with Tracy.

Love, Jan
Old 09-15-2004, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I too loved her with Tracey. They were both very real. I would have liked to have seen him stay on the show. She was awesome. I really liked her in season 1. She was hilarious. I always felt that she fit the role of best friend a lot better than Julie did. Even back then.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:59 AM
Extreme Fan

i m watching season 2 right now and we are getting into the eps with tracy and i love him to death he is so cool i love the guy who plays him he has been in heaps of things i love how elains gets all jealous and competative with him
Old 09-15-2004, 01:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by genki
I too loved her with Tracey. They were both very real. I would have liked to have seen him stay on the show. She was awesome. I really liked her in season 1. She was hilarious. I always felt that she fit the role of best friend a lot better than Julie did. Even back then.
I thought she fitted the role of best friend better than Julie too. She also had a fantastic right hook... Blair never saw it coming.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:13 PM
Passionate Fan

The one thing I really hated about Elena's storyline was having her sleep with Finn on a whim. I just thought that was wrong for her character especially after the whole mess with Dr. McGrath. I thought it was just another example of the writers always turning to infidelity when they ran out of story ideas.

Love, Jan
Old 09-15-2004, 09:55 PM
Supreme Fan

I really liked Elena as well. There were times when I would get upset with her because there were things she said & did that I didn't agree wiht but I thought she was a great character.

She was better suited to be a best friend to Felicity then Julie was. They had the pre med thing in common and Elena would at least tell her what she thought unlike Julie who I felyt was at times underhanded in what she did during her frienship with Felicity.

And while at first I did want to see a romance between Elena and Noel once they brought on Tracy I felt he was definitely the one for her. Though I did enjoy her interaction with Deforest in S 3 & trevor in S 4.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:20 PM
Total Fan

genki, thanks for starting this thread. I always loved Elena, too. She was such an honest, upfront person and I admire that. She had such spunk, too. I loved her interaction with Noel, and like 2Nickels, I wish they had ended up together. But I also loved Tracy, he really got her thinking and challenged her. I liked their interaction. I think she needed someone to put her in her place and get her to face her competitiveness and just enjoy life more. I also agree with Granny, her infidelity with Finn was really uncalled for and made me dislike her. I couldn't figure out her motivation there at all.

Tumblr
Old 09-16-2004, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

As much as I disagree with Infidelty, I actually understood where that was coming from. A big issue between Tracey and Elena was the lack of sex. I think it just showed that was something she wanted in the relationship that she wasn't getting. I thought it showed how she needed to grow up and face the repercussions of her actions. It fit that the McGrath thing became public just after this. I would have liked to have seen her married tracy, though. I hated her with Trevor. I just didn't like him much. He kind of got on my nerves. But, someone had to play the dumb role once Ben started to grow into a more mature character.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:13 PM
Extreme Fan

It's interesting to remember that they wrote Elena as someone with a *&^ drive, if you like. Remember when she first hooked up with Blair, (as an aside I thought what they did with her hair was hilarious in the scene when Noel knocks on her dorm room door the morning after the Halloween party) she later had a conversation in the lift (elevator for North American readers) with someone (I think it was Noel) about not being able to get rid of Blair. It was something along the line of "I have needs..." suggesting that she was a free-spirited type who liked to insert appropriate euphemism here every now and then but wasn't really looking for long term commitment or a relationship.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by erinw
genki, thanks for starting this thread. I always loved Elena, too. She was such an honest, upfront person and I admire that. She had such spunk, too. I loved her interaction with Noel, and like 2Nickels, I wish they had ended up together. But I also loved Tracy, he really got her thinking and challenged her. I liked their interaction. I think she needed someone to put her in her place and get her to face her competitiveness and just enjoy life more. I also agree with Granny, her infidelity with Finn was really uncalled for and made me dislike her. I couldn't figure out her motivation there at all.
I have to admit that I, too, liked Elena and Noel together. I especially liked them as roommates. They were so funny together. They are quite different, but that's what made their friendship interesting.

Now, I can't believe this, but I actually don't agree with you on the Finn issue. It's not like I'm trying to justify what Elena did but, like genki and Id said, sex was always an important issue for Elena and it took her quite a long time to stop obsessing about that problem. I mean, just remember what happened in the last two episodes of the 2nd season. She really had a hard time trying to accept the fact that she couldn't have sex with Tracy and she made quite a few efforts to seduce him. But, although it seemed that she finally decided that sex wasn't that important to her, we soon found out that things were not that simple...I have to admit that I liked Tracy very much, but I also liked Finn who seemed like a pretty great guy.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:26 PM
Total Fan

I agree that it is within Elena's character to do what she did, but I guess it just doesn't sit right with me. No infidelity does, for obvious reasons. I know she was obsessed with sex, but I also thought that she really loved Tracy and what she did was disrespectful to him. I don't think she loved him at all, so I knew they would never actually get married. They weren't on the same level at all. Elena needed to grow up a bit before she deserved to have a man like Tracy.

But other than that, I really liked Elena. I thought she was a great friend to Felicity. And I enjoyed her scenes with Noel very much. I think the fact that they didn't end up in a relationship is one of the most disappointing things about this show. I just felt like they clicked really well together.

Tumblr
Old 09-27-2004, 03:38 AM
Supreme Fan

Like I said before I initially like Elena & Noel together but ultimately I am glad they just stayed friends. I think they kind of drifted apat after S2 & we wouldn't have gotten some great outside characters who were involved with her. Heck I even thought she had chemistry with Finn though I hated that she cheated on Tracy.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Now, I can't believe this, but I actually don't agree with you on the Finn issue. It's not like I'm trying to justify what Elena did but, like genki and Id said, sex was always an important issue for Elena and it took her quite a long time to stop obsessing about that problem. I mean, just remember what happened in the last two episodes of the 2nd season. She really had a hard time trying to accept the fact that she couldn't have sex with Tracy and she made quite a few efforts to seduce him. But, although it seemed that she finally decided that sex wasn't that important to her, we soon found out that things were not that simple...I have to admit that I liked Tracy very much, but I also liked Finn who seemed like a pretty great guy.
Why do you thing Elena was so hung up on Finn especially after she saw him with Julie? I mean did she think that she could have a fling with him because he really didn't care for her that much and it woud just be sex for both of them?

Love, Jan
Old 06-21-2005, 08:35 PM
Passionate Fan

I absolutely adore Elena. She balances out the drama between the other characters. She is able to be firm but kind at the same time. She's just awesome.
It's my ARMOR."