Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
*UPDATE*

LETHAL WEAPON 5 - Actor Columbus Short, who appeared in "Stomp The Yard", has confirmed that he is up for a role in LW5. He said that the role is that of Nick Murtaugh, the son of retired Sgt. Murtaugh, played by Danny Glover. He also said that the movie is on the "Fast track" at Warner Bros.
Also....

THE THING - I read a week or two ago that a prequel might be in the planning stages for the 1982 classic, The Thing. It would explore just what it is, how it came to be, and how it got to the first film's location. John Carpenter is talking about it, so it sounds like he may be involved in some way.
A Prequel I could probably stand and be interested to watch, even though I think its fine as a standalone film. As long as they don't do a sequel or a remake to this film, I'll be... fine.

And as for Leathal Weapon 5? I honestly can't see how this is possible, I just can't.
family bonds are never meant to be broken."
- The Farron Sisters
Old 10-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. MacReady (View Post)
A Prequel I could probably stand and be interested to watch, even though I think its fine as a standalone film. As long as they don't do a sequel or a remake to this film, I'll be... fine.

And as for Leathal Weapon 5? I honestly can't see how this is possible, I just can't.
A prequel for The Thing sounds like the only way to go. I don't know how a sequel would go, and as for a remake?. It would be kind of funny since the 1982 film was a re-make itself. Lol.

I can see how a LW5 is very possible. The last one was 10 years ago, but it was another $130 million hit. People love these movies(although their love for Mel Gibson may have changed here lately), and original screenwriter Shane Black has written a new spec script that people are reportedly flipping for. I don't know if you read any of my other posts on LW5, but the early details of it has Martin Riggs getting ready to retire himself, but pulls retired Murtaugh into helping him in one final mission before heading off into the sunset. I've always been a fan, so it's exciting to me. Of course, reviving old 80's franchises is the in thing nowadays. Also fine with me. Lol.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
A prequel for The Thing sounds like the only way to go. I don't know how a sequel would go, and as for a remake?. It would be kind of funny since the 1982 film was a re-make itself. Lol.
I keep forgetting that bit about The Thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb
I can see how a LW5 is very possible. The last one was 10 years ago, but it was another $130 million hit. People love these movies(although their love for Mel Gibson may have changed here lately), and original screenwriter Shane Black has written a new spec script that people are reportedly flipping for. I don't know if you read any of my other posts on LW5, but the early details of it has Martin Riggs getting ready to retire himself, but pulls retired Murtaugh into helping him in one final mission before heading off into the sunset. I've always been a fan, so it's exciting to me. Of course, reviving old 80's franchises is the in thing nowadays. Also fine with me. Lol.
I've read bits of the info on LW5. Not much though.

I still love Mel Gibson despite the past/recent events (I mean, he was wild-drinking-guy to begin with back when he was the image of a 'pretty boy' with or without a mullet, why everyone made big deal out of it several years is beyond me), and prehaps thinking like you are, would help my mindset. Seriously though, I just hope they make the movie more serious than they did the last time. And Mel and Danny can always whip themselves back in shape, I guess. As long as Shane Black sticks to Writing and leaves the Directing to Richard Donner, I'll be optimistic. It'll be majorly different without Michael Kamen though, music wise...
family bonds are never meant to be broken."
- The Farron Sisters
Old 10-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. MacReady (View Post)
I keep forgetting that bit about The Thing.

I've read bits of the info on LW5. Not much though.

I still love Mel Gibson despite the past/recent events (I mean, he was wild-drinking-guy to begin with back when he was the image of a 'pretty boy' with or without a mullet, why everyone made big deal out of it several years is beyond me), and prehaps thinking like you are, would help my mindset. Seriously though, I just hope they make the movie more serious than they did the last time. And Mel and Danny can always whip themselves back in shape, I guess. As long as Shane Black sticks to Writing and leaves the Directing to Richard Donner, I'll be optimistic. It'll be majorly different without Michael Kamen though, music wise...
I don't hate Mel either and I am willing to see his movies and look forward to see him in front of the camera again, whether it's something new or back as Martin Riggs. I think a lot of people haven't forgiven him for his racist remarks and all of that, so there is still a grudge held against him. It will be interesting to see how his new movie in front of the camera, "Edge Of Darkness", does. But I think people would go see him in LW5. And if Shane Black is writing it, I think it would be less comical than the sequels(although I loved them), but still comical like in the first one. A classic, gritty cop thriller with sprinkles of comedy like the original would be great. I think Mel and Danny could do it. Of course, Danny's character was turning 50 in the original in 1987. That would make him, if they adhere to their own timeline, 71 now. Lol. Danny is 10 years younger than that. As for Michael Kamen, that is sad. I hope that they keep the same style of music he made and get Eric Clapton back to help. I also wish that Richard Donner directs this. It just wouldn't be the same if the same director didn't return with everyone else.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Heard that Zac Efron was going to be in the re make of Footloose. Apart from believing that a remake is the worst idea ever, I just think you can't replace Kevin Bacon. Bad, bad idea.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Yeah, I heard about that like a year ago. A re-make of Footloose doesn't bother me. I was never a fan of the original, just the soundtrack!. Lol. But no, Kevin Bacon can't be replaced.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

*UPDATES*

LETHAL WEAPON 5 - According to LW 1-4 director, Richard Donner, LW is "dead in the water". This comes from a new LA Times interview. Apparently, Mel Gibson turned down the LW5 offer. Nothing is confirmed why, but Donner says he likes to think Mel turned it down because he was not involved with it. He says it's not certain, but they are very close, good friends and that is something Mel would do. Anyways, he says it's over, and went on to say how he and LW producer, Joel Silver, had a falling out, and that he was just waiting for Donner's contract to be up and then to exclude him out. Donner says he considers LW to be his 'signature work'. You could tell he was unhappy with Silver who, as he put it, "wasn't even around in the beginning. He came in late". He also said that he and another team had a strong idea for a fifth film a few years ago, but never got the chance. He thinks he may of been able to get Mel back if they had come to him in the first place. So, I guess it's over, unless a miracle happens and they come to their senses and realize that Donner is every bit a part of this franchise as Mel and Danny.

GHOSTBUSTERS 3 - Bill Murray has been talking a lot about G3 here lately. He was at the premiere of his new movie "City Of Ember" and said on the red carpet that the first was great and all that, second one not so much, and that it would be fun to come back with a new and fresh outlook on it. He also mentioned in another interview that he wouldn't mind if a woman is thrown into the Ghostbusters mix.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

There has been little news of late, but this popped up just yesterday -

*UPDATE*

LETHAL WEAPON 5 - Okay, so in my last post I reported that LW5 was dead and that Mel Gibson turned it down. However, I read yesterday that producer Joel Silver said in a new interview that Mel didn't turn it down, it's just not something he wants to do right now at this moment. So, it's on the back burner, and anyone who was interedted in LW5, there may still be hope.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:31 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
There has been some talk here lately about 80's movies getting new sequels, or re-made, or being rumored/in talks to having sequels. I thought I would make a thread to follow these stories and to start what's going on now.

RE-MAKES -

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - Wes Craven recently said at a convention that he thinks the studio has backed away from this project. I hope so. I dug the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, the Halloween one, and look forward to the two I mentioned above. But this?. This is where I draw the line. Even more so since Robert Englund won't be Freddy. You can't have an Indy or Rocky film without Ford or Stallone, and you can't do Freddy without England. Period.
I completely agree with you. I don't think I would be rushing out the door to see this at all. Robert Englund is Freddy Krueger. The movie would be meaningless without him. I also hope that the studio did indeed back away from the project. It would be an insult to the horror fan community if this was ever remade.

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
Old 11-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdriaMichelle (View Post)
I completely agree with you. I don't think I would be rushing out the door to see this at all. Robert Englund is Freddy Krueger. The movie would be meaningless without him. I also hope that the studio did indeed back away from the project. It would be an insult to the horror fan community if this was ever remade.
I've heard rumblings in the past few months of the studio hiring a writer for the project, but there has never been any news since. It's been pretty quiet. Maybe they are not so sure now?. I hope so. A new Elm Street without Englund is not an Elm Street at all.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

*UPDATE*

POLICE ACADEMY 8 - Steve Guttenberg says that an eighth film may be happening. One site says that everyone that is still around from the first film will be back. However, another site makes it seem that Steve himself won't be in it. He reportedly told a crowd at a screening of the film that he was directing the next film, and probably wouldn't be putting the badge on again. We'll see.

THREE MEN AND A BABY 3 - Who knew there would be so much Steve Guttenberg news lately?. Lol. A third film, apparently titled "Three Men And A Bride", is in the cards. Not much else to say, really. The title pretty much says it all.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

*UPDATE*

BEVERLY HILLS COP 4 - I don't like this at all. Apparently, the Latino Review site got details on the plot for BHC4, or Beverly Hills Cop 2009, as they are calling it. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for one thing. That one thing being Judge Reinhod's character, Billy Rosewood, a beloved character in these movies, jumps out of a 20th floor window at police headquarters in the opening minutes. Axel knows it wasn't a suicide, and comes back to BH to solve the case. Apparently, Billy was on to something about corrupt LAPD cops and a rich BH kid with ties to the military and illegal smuggling and all that. One review said it was a straight action movie with Eddie as the Terminator, as if they turned an old Schwarzenegger script into a BHC movie. The only good news about this is that Eddie Murphy is NOT happy with the script. Rewrites....pronto!!!.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

*UPDATE*

GHOSTBUSTERS 3 - Sigourney Weaver has confirmed that she is meeting up with Bill Murray next week to discuss Ghostbusters 3. It's never been said if she would be in the movie or not, but why not?. If she's meeting with Bill, then I guess it's a good sign!.

ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING 2 - There had been talk for the past few years that a sequel was being made with Raven Symone as the star. Now comes word that teen queen Miley Cyrus will be starring in the new film with Raven as a co-star, and the film is apparently being called "Further Adventures In Babysitting".

BEVERLY HILLS COP 4 - Fans and other web sites are all up in arms over Judge Reinhold's character being killed off in the first 5 minutes of the BHC4 script. Nobody is accepting this. Hopefully, Paramount and Brett Ratner notice this. There is a great letter to the powers that be about this at Moviehole. Movie & Entertainment News
Old 12-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Master Fan

woo bevery hills cops 4 my boyfriend is actually anticipating this to happen too. maybe reinhold dies but isnt really dead like its a big scheme.

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Old 12-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marki (View Post)
woo bevery hills cops 4 my boyfriend is actually anticipating this to happen too. maybe reinhold dies but isnt really dead like its a big scheme.
That's an idea. Another idea I had is that they keep what's going on, and there are definitley death threats and someone out to kill Billy, and that is what sends Axel back. To find out who wants to kill Billy and try to keep him alive. Along the way, they get Taggart out of retirement to help because, well, because it's Billy!.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread