Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Supreme Fan

R u serious!

It had Colin in it ...isn't that enought

Actually i didn't mind it, i like depressing war-hero kinda stories. I liked Colin's performance in it.

Do ya not like war movies Alicia? Is that why u couldn't really sit through it? Or are u one of those people who needs a quality like on of my best friends?

Do tell, we'll discuss.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:51 AM
Loyal Fan

no war movies are ok i liked Tigerland it was cool but i dont know Harts War really didnt do it for me it wasd really a lame attempt at a war movie im sorry! i know colin is in it but really that still asnt enough the movie needed body in it and it really lacked it!
Cause I don't ever wanna
I don't ever wanna be You.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:44 AM
Supreme Fan

Hmmm i do agree that it lacked body, i think it just need something extra ...maybe emotional.

I thought the storyline had potenial ..but i can't put my finger on what they lacked mostly.

I kinda expected more from Bruce Willis

But i thought Colin did a good performance. I remmeber him saying that he was depressed during the filming of it, i think becuz of the character and what he was probable going through at the time. You can see it in his performance, very wounded.

Lt Thomas Hart

Brushes: 1greeneye.net
Old 08-11-2004, 07:14 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah Hart's War can be hard to sit through especially if you are not a big fan of war/action movies. But well Colin gave me enough reason to watch the whole movie. Did I say how much I his floppy hairstyle in it? Yes I LOVE it! And there was one scene where he was going to take the rap for something he didn't do (and Bruce's character did) he was to be put to death right? (Can't really remember now, got to go watch it again some time)
I heaved a sigh of relief for him when he managed to get off the hook.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:32 AM
Supreme Fan

OMG I LOVE HIS FLOPPY HAIR!!!! It's so boyish and cute!

Yeah, your talking about when Hart is taking the rap for the murder while the other men escape becuz the whole trail was just a destraction to let the other get out.

Hart step up when the Bruce's character doesn't. Then when the Bruce's charater has a moment of realisation when Hart does this he comes back to take his place for the men.

I get so emotional when i see Colin saluting with tears in his eyes. I just wana drive in there and hug him.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

I know when he cried, I felt so bad for him cus he had lost someone I think he admired and respected. Hart and McNamara (Bruce's character) were pretty close right? I ask cus i haven't seen the whole movie for a while now so just wanted to make sure.

Anyway I can imagine the pain of having to lose someone you at least have some bond with.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Total Fan

Hmm.. I don't think they were close. Bruce's character was a bit of a jerk. Hart was the good guy.

Icon by Elya
Old 08-16-2004, 11:15 PM
Supreme Fan

I don't think it was cuz they were close, but i think it was becuz Hart did admire him but felt a little emotional since McNarama took the fall Hart accused him of.

I don't how to explain it.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:16 AM
Elite Fan

Ok I get it now, Hart must have felt kind of sorry for McNamara or something after McNamara was shot dead and Hart probably did respect what McNamara had done for them by taking repsonsibility for what he did that's why Hart and the rest of the soldiers saluted the dead McNamara after that.

I need to go watch the movie again, but I'm always procastinating.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:12 AM
Loyal Fan

in austrlia its like so cheap now!
but i dont like it
but i guess you guys have figured that already!
Cause I don't ever wanna
Old 08-17-2004, 05:20 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, kinda.

McNarama was like the father figure in a way to his soilders. He basically gave a chance of freedom to a select group of men and he was idolised since he was in charge of the men.

His kinda father figure role for McNarama was with Hart aswell till he found out he murder what-his-face and kinda felt betrayed since the whole court hearing was a distraction while other escaped.

And our little hero Hart took the downfall when McNarama wouldn't, kinda snapped McNarama out of his selfishness and made the sacrifice of himself for the his men instead of leaving most behind.

McNarama's selfishness was kinda a source of needing to be in the war instead of sitting on his arse. He wanted to do something for his country and in a way i think he realised that sacrificing for the right courses and reasons he found that it was more effective then being up front in battle.

..Then again i am rabbling. I have to go by this DVD and watch it for like the 100th time.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:22 AM
Loyal Fan

did you know its only like $15?
Cause I don't ever wanna
Old 08-17-2004, 05:53 AM
Supreme Fan

graps Alicia by shirt ..WHERE?!!!

Tell me tell me!!!!
Old 08-17-2004, 06:02 AM
Loyal Fan

try the music shops around!
and hey let go of me shirt man it cost like $60!
Cause I don't ever wanna
Old 08-17-2004, 09:08 AM
Supreme Fan

brushes down $60 shirt ...Sorry babe, got a little excited