Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-10-2003, 08:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by BBJifted:
<STRONG>Hey, does he keep his accent in this one? It sounds like it in some of the previews.</STRONG>
Yes, he does actually. They said that the character's nationality was never disclosed, so they just let him speak naturally.
Old 02-10-2003, 09:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

I read that too. This has an up and down side for me. Although I love to hear Colin in his Irish brogue, I hope I can understand what the guy is saying!

I can barely tell half the time in interviews. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Eep! Only 4 more days..I haven't been this excited about a movie in a long time. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2003, 10:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LiL_Starzz:
<STRONG>I read that too. This has an up and down side for me. Although I love to hear Colin in his Irish brogue, I hope I can understand what the guy is saying!

I can barely tell half the time in interviews. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] You're right! I didn't think about that. I'm sure they made sure one can understand him, and I love his accent! [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2003, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by KervyQT16:
<STRONG>

Excellent point! *pickets for equal treatment of hairless hotties and poor stupid men being led around by their weiner destined for heartache* Should we start selling tickets for her third divorce now or later? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

</STRONG>
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]
It's funny because it's true.

[img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] Colin and his accent! Could the movie get any better? I'd be content to just sit with my eyes closed the whole movie and listen to him talk. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

"They're loyal beasts"
"They were loyal. Now they're starving."

Old 02-11-2003, 09:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] i cant wait to see him in daredevel- us Brits havent got it yet [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2003, 07:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

Aww..Return of the Queen, I hope you get it soon at least!

Anyone planning on seeing it tomorrow? I think I may..too excited about this one. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2003, 01:14 AM
Master Fan

one more day, then we get Bullseye as a valentine's gift [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2003, 10:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Return of the Queen:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] i cant wait to see him in daredevel- us Brits havent got it yet [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I think it comes out in Britain on valentines day aswell because i've seen some trailers on tele and am currently trying to get someone with a car to take me. I live in a little village and it takes about an hour and an half to get to the local cinema and 20-25 minutes in a car [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ 02-14-2003: Message edited Impossible Princess ]

A Man of Quality is not Threatened by a Woman of Equality!!

Keeper of Orli clone #5
Arrow #317
Old 02-14-2003, 04:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm going tomorrow and i'm so ecstatic about it! RAAAAAAH! The bald and evil thing is really doing well with me... especially the evil... and the bald. It reminds me of lex luthor, but not really. Just the bald and evil thing. Are all comic-book villains played to be hot? Well... if they do it right [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

[img]smilies/sail_boat.gif[/img] Claire

You guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!
Old 02-14-2003, 06:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Ack! Just saw Daredevil with my brother (I have to go to those movies with my brothers!) and it was pretty good! Not as fantastic as I'd hoped but I quite enjoyed it. Bullseye was great, Colin really did seem to have fun with him, and as a bonus I saw the trailer for Phone Booth!!

Don't want to spoil anything so my post ends... here. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

the artist formerly known as [stardevi]
Old 02-14-2003, 10:45 PM
Master Fan

Daredevil premiere pics:

Old 02-14-2003, 11:44 PM
Extreme Fan

This far, the only person from DareDevil getting good reviews across the board seems to be Colin. Here are two (spoiler-free) review snippets that said some interesting things:
Washington Post

What you believe in, however, is the charisma of Farrell, not quite but soon to be a star. Though he's only in it a bit, he dominates those scenes and he does something Affleck can't manage: By his presence and demonism, he makes you believe his gimmick, which is even shakier than the fishing-line swinging of the hero. Bullseye is not a shooter, he's a thrower. You wouldn't want to pie-fight him, let me tell you, because he'd kill you. Anything he can pick up is a lethal weapon. He flings throwing stars, pencils, even peanuts, with fatal velocity and precision. He can turn a playing card into a .357 Magnum. Believe it? Not for a second, after the movie's finished, but while he's up there, in his brogue, doing his creepy punk undulation and wild-eyed rover boy, he is convincing.

New York Newsday

. But it's made all the more obvious by the presence of Colin Farrell. Farrell, his villainous Bullseye half mutant ninja leprechaun and half Ben Kingsley in "Sexy Beast," is at that stage of the game where he can do anything and get away with it - not just because he does it well and with relish, but because he isn't yet yoked to the star machine that will take his good looks, talent and energy and turn him into a Ben Affleck.

~~~~~~~~~
Poor Benji doesn't seem to be faring to well in these reviews . . .
Also, another reviewer compares Farrell's performance to "Charlie Manson on an acid trip." Well, they do share a love of forehead carvings . . . [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Rian
Old 02-15-2003, 12:29 AM
Ultimate Fan

I just got back frm seeing this..I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Colin! I love Bullseye..to me Colin and Jennifer Garner really stole the show.

Colin b/c well he's just badass. He did the funniest things. He definately is a quirky villian. And Jen b/c she was just radiant.

Go see it!
Old 02-15-2003, 08:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

I saw it last night! woohoo.
When Colin says he's going to play a role
"over the top"..he means it.

Here's a good review of Colin's performance
from the NYTimes:
Quote:
As played by Colin Farrell, Bullseye is a raving,
twittering asset. The actor has missed his calling as a
sullen, pained leading man. (He's usually as sodden as Mr.
Affleck is here.) Mr. Farrell sports a bullseye tattoo on
his forehead and his unerring aim makes everything from
paper clips to peanuts a weapon. In the role, he's as
watchable as the young, maniacal Richard Widmark in "Kiss
of Death." Mr. Farrell finally gets a chance to uncork the
charisma that magazines have been proclaiming but that had
yet to materialize until now. He is abetted by using his
Irish accent for the first time in an American movie; his
American accent is believable, but he never gets the
cadences quite right. Here, he makes a showpiece of a role
with almost no dialogue.

Bullseye also gets the pleasure in his work that Matt is
denied. In an assassination attempt, he's thwarted by
Daredevil, and he hisses in disbelief, "You made me miss!"
Action may be foreplay for Matt, but it's sheer sex for
Bullseye; he grins with orgiastic pleasure in a murder that
sets the last third of this overwrought movie in motion.
Hope everyone stayed for the extra scene after the credits! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2003, 11:30 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by maryp:
<STRONG>Hope everyone stayed for the extra scene after the credits! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] What?? No!! My brother was late for work so we had to leave! Noooooo!!! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

Thanks for the review, though. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

the artist formerly known as [stardevi]