Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_hypnotoad (View Post)
Cooper went thru abnormal change of personality. It's not normal imho. It looks like he wants Charlotte to hate him.
I agree he is trying to push her awya. Do you think he was raped in jail and is trying to protect her from that? That would be the only way I could rationalize his change in personality.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Loyal Fan

It's pretty possible this happened. He changed right after he went from jail. Before it he already knew that she was married before but wasn't so rude. Also he was in jail because felony against child, and such thing happens to those who are there for this reason, they beated him up pretty badly and they didn't have to stop at that. It would be only reasonable explanation of his change.

btw there is interesting discusion about this on the oficial site board.

Last edited by evil_hypnotoad; 03-11-2010 at 08:51 AM
Old 03-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
It's pretty possible this happened. He changed right after he went from jail. Before it he already knew that she was married before but wasn't so rude. Also he was in jail because felony against child, and such thing happens to those who are there for this reason, they beated him up pretty badly and they didn't have to stop at that. It would be only reasonable explanation of his change.

btw there is interesting discusion about this on the oficial site board.
I think Charlotte has thought about it too. That is why she has been so tolerant of his bad behavior up until this point. She tried to bring it up with him that time he tried to force himself on her and he was impotent. She tried to talk to him about something in the bathroom and he kept telling her to shut up. I think he knew what she was going to ask and that is why he told her to shut up. Shonda has been too vague about it though because I don't think everyone else may have got that is what Charlotte was going to ask about.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Not that i am sadistic, but i hope it's true. It would be interesting storyline imho.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

I used to love Cooper and Charlotte.

Now? Charlotte is too good for Cooper. I don't know how it happened but Cooper went from being one of my favorite characters to THE character I dislike the most. I don't want them back together. All he does is treat her like crap. It isn't cute.

I understood when he had money issues and he was freaking out. I didn't care for his macho rudeness with Charlotte, but I could understand it. Then that rudeness just kept growing. And maybe it is because I work with women who were in abusive relationships --but his emotional abuse towards Charlotte is unsettling.

I have no idea where Shonda is going with that writing, but if she is trying to get me to want to root for this couple. She has FAILED.

Also. Cooper should repay Charlotte back the money she put up for him. That the least he could do. Ugh. He grates.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Not that i am sadistic, but i hope it's true. It would be interesting storyline imho.
I hope Cooper was raped too. That is the only way I could possibly excuse his behavior. Not that Charlotte deserves it but Rape is horrible so if that happened to him maybe I could feel bad for him. But if it didn't and he is just being an idiot I don't even want to watch him on the show anymore .So yeah I hope he was raped too.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

I wouldn't wish rape on anyone. I would rather he just be a jerk. And I get the feeling that is just what he is. I don't think that happened or they would go there. Besides his personality is really only drastically different with Charlotte. If something like that went down, he would be different with everyone. Not necessarily obvious, but something would be different.

Cooper is just an ego-manic and can't deal with the fact Charlotte is smarter, richer, and bolder than he. Not to mention he wasn't her first husband or whatevr. His male ego can't handle it, so he lashed put at her.

Last edited by jansen_marie; 03-11-2010 at 10:25 AM
Old 03-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

I always thought Cooper was raped. He got beat up so why not rape him too? Why just beat him up? That's what they do to child kidnappers in the jail. I thought everyone else knew this already too. I always thought that is why Cooper is so angry and that is why Charlotte put up with it until he broke up with her.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

btw there is interesting discusion about this on the oficial site board.[/QUOTE]

Where is this official site board? I looked thru the main thread pages and Couldn't find one about Cooper being raped. Can you bump it up for me? It wasn't under the Cooper thread either unless it was way back.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Loyal Fan

edited because of ff rules

Last edited by Imzadi; 03-11-2010 at 10:42 AM
Old 03-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

If Cooper was raped. I hope they reveal it soon. Issues like that need to be dealt with. Cooper can't even begin to heal and it will only escalate his emotions.

And as much as I hope he wasn't, I do agree that something that awful would be the only real way to redeem his character. Because if he just is being this cruel because he is jealous or whatever, then he is done.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Moderator Support Team

please respect the ff rules and dont post linsk to other message boards thank you

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Loyal Fan

I see change in behaviour not only with Charlotte: I remember in the episode 3x11 they had patient with Violet, and Cooper wanted to call social services on the patient. That was very out of the character imho, and he also laughed in the bar when Sam said that when you have kid with somebody you are tied to them forever, Pete replied "even if they go crazy" - talked about Violet, and Cooper laughed like an imbecile. And Violet is his best friend.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I see change in behaviour not only with Charlotte: I remember in the episode 3x11 they had patient with Violet, and Cooper wanted to call social services on the patient. That was very out of the character imho, and he also laughed in the bar when Sam said that when you have kid with somebody you are tied to them forever, Pete replied "even if they go crazy" - talked about Violet, and Cooper laughed like an imbecile. And Violet is his best friend.
I was thinking about this also. He yelled at Addison and was rude with her right after he got out of jail. Then he was yelling at Violet in the hospital that time and he reported that poor woman to social services for having a messy house. Then he made fun or laughed that Violet (His best friend) was crazy. Then he went after Scott without letting up for popping the pills Then he invited that mean girl to the wedding. . Then he comes back from vacation all weird worshiping bananas so I don't think e is behaving normal but of course he gives Charlotte the worst treatment because she is closest to him.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

I am sad. After seeing the latest episode, it looks like C/C are really over they were such a great couple, but now...it looks so hopelessly .

Opinions?