Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

5x12 Losing Battles: Episode Discussion

losing battles
5x12 - episode discussion
VIOLET FINDS A FAMILIAR WOMAN AT HER DOOR, PREGNANT AND BADLY BEATEN, ON ABC’S “PRIVATE PRACTICE”

Guest Starring A.J. Langer as Erica and Stephen Amell as Scott

“Losing Battles” – Just as Violet’s personal life takes a turn for the better with Scott, the paramedic, Joanna (the abused woman she met at the airport months earlier) arrives in need of urgent medical attention, being both pregnant and badly beaten; Cooper, Charlotte and Amelia all counsel Erica on the toughest decision of her life; and Addison and Jake meet with potential surrogates, on ABC’s “Private Practice” THURSDAY, JANUARY 19 (10:02-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Private Practice” stars Kate Walsh as Dr. Addison Forbes Montgomery, Tim Daly as Dr. Pete Wilder, Benjamin Bratt as Jake Reilly, KaDee Strickland as Dr. Charlotte King, Paul Adelstein as Dr. Cooper Freedman, Brian Benben as Dr. Sheldon Wallace and Caterina Scorsone as Dr. Amelia Shepherd, with Taye Diggs as Dr. Sam Bennett and Amy Brenneman as Dr. Violet Turner.

Guest cast TBA.

“Losing Battles” was written by Gabriel Llanas and directed by Stephen Cragg.

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©

Last edited by AddisonLove; 02-01-2012 at 02:14 PM
Old 01-19-2012, 10:51 PM
Supreme Fan

Before I talk about all the other stuff, I have to say Amelia offering to be Addie's surrogate and Addie turning her down was the most or one of the most selfless moments ever on this show IMO. It was a sweet and selfless moment for both of them.

It was a pretty intense episode. Violet's house is bad luck. She should really move, but I doubt anyone would buy it after all the crazy that has happened there. She should also remember to check who is at her door before she opens it.

I don't know what to think about Violet and the hot EMT. I kinda think both Violet and Pete shouldn't see other people so fast til they figure out their marriage. They need to decide if they want to save their marriage or divorce before bringing in others to the situation. I wouldn't care so much about them seeing others, if they didn't have a young child to think about.

Good for Addison realizing she needed to take a break from all the baby stuff for a bit. After all the IVF failure, adoption failure, surrogate, breaking up with Sam, she probably just needs to take some time to regroup. Besides, when one stops trying for a baby, is usually when it happens. Even if she can't get pregnant, the adoption agency still has all her info.

Also, I am warming up to Addison and Jake with every episode.
You look beautiful, like a princess. An angry little princess. Someone stole your tiara. ~ Jane (to Lisbon)
Old 01-20-2012, 05:07 AM
New Fan

Well, first of all, i gotta say that i loved this episode. There were many lovely moment. Loved the one between Addie and Amelia when she offered to be the surrogate, it was very nice of her
Secondly, i loved the momentsbetween Sam and Sheldon (with the guys also) when they tried to find them a women haha it was so funny
I espcially loved how Charlotte expanded her help in Erica's case including my fav couple's scene when Cooper cried, it was so touching!
And also, i loved the moment between Pete and Violet (i was fed up with them since the last few episode but honestly i don't like Violet with that EMT)
And last but not least, i loved Jake and Addie!!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:22 AM
New Fan

This show def doesnt get enough credit! I love it. And yes Violets house is cursed she def should move or give Pete the house and move lol It was a touching moment between those 2, but strange for her to run off to the EMT... When she's the one who turned him down unsure of how she felt about the situation and idea and of course Pete ...

Cooper crying brilliant acting ... What do u do in that situation really ?? And his wife is really comin around, anyone I watch this show with hated her kept sayin she's such a bitch, told 'em u gotta watch more and understand her to get it...

- T.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I only watched half of the ep last night. I like Private Practice so far from what I've seen.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddisonLove (View Post)
Before I talk about all the other stuff, I have to say Amelia offering to be Addie's surrogate and Addie turning her down was the most or one of the most selfless moments ever on this show IMO. It was a sweet and selfless moment for both of them.

It was a pretty intense episode. Violet's house is bad luck. She should really move, but I doubt anyone would buy it after all the crazy that has happened there. She should also remember to check who is at her door before she opens it.

I don't know what to think about Violet and the hot EMT. I kinda think both Violet and Pete shouldn't see other people so fast til they figure out their marriage. They need to decide if they want to save their marriage or divorce before bringing in others to the situation. I wouldn't care so much about them seeing others, if they didn't have a young child to think about.

Good for Addison realizing she needed to take a break from all the baby stuff for a bit. After all the IVF failure, adoption failure, surrogate, breaking up with Sam, she probably just needs to take some time to regroup. Besides, when one stops trying for a baby, is usually when it happens. Even if she can't get pregnant, the adoption agency still has all her info.

Also, I am warming up to Addison and Jake with every episode.
You basically said what I wanted to say in terms of the Violet and Pete situation. I agree with everything you said on this matter and about the episode aswell. Even though I blush everytime that hot EMT is on my screen I still think Vete should try and see what they want, they should talk more and especially Pete he's a very confused man right now, not knowing what he wants and being angry all the time doesn't help matters. I want them together of course but they both need to figure out what they truly want. To be a family or to finally get a divorce.

The episode was really good though possibly my favorite so far this season.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 01-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow.. a good episode...

Violet needs to move out of that house too much happened there already..
I loved the Pete/Violet hug.. the frst episode this season I guess I was not mad at him..

Addie and Amelia.. OMG I loved Amy's offer.. I think Addi taking a break s a good decision.. If one wants something too much it's never going to happen..
But how can Addie still think Sam's the perfect guy??

And my most favorite scene was when Cooper cried.. God was that a great scene .. I so cried with him..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-23-2012, 07:20 AM
Elite Fan

I have to say that I loved this episode. I think it pulled out the best parts of each character Amelia and Addie were awesome and I just love that Amelia offered to be Addie's surrogate and Addie turned her down. I agree with an earlier comment that it was very selfless of both of them

I was actually pretty glad that Addie took a break but I hope they do get back to it soon I have to say that I'm really shipping Jake and Addie at this point And hope that this break doesn't send her back towards Sam.

I think Violet and Pete's storyline with the woman who had been assaulted was awesome. I agree that Violet should just move Though I think it's pretty awesome that in spite of everything Violet stands her ground and stays.

The Cooper and Erica storyline was my favorite honestly. It was so heartbreaking and I thought it was really moving. It was also a great portrayal of Cooper and Charlotte's relationship and how supportive it is
Old 01-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

pretty good, the part of the ep that I watched. I really like that Taye Diggs.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh my god, how naive is Violet?! I so saw that coming the minute I saw Joanna on her couch. Pete told her she wouldn't be safe, but she knew better.
You'd think she learned something from her "first stabbing", opening the door before looking etc...
Old 02-01-2012, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hmm.. I think it's brave of her.. not naive.. I think I would have done the same.. I mean, wouldn't it be terrible to always see only the worst in people??

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 02-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

IMO, you don't have to always see the worst in people to figure out that Joanna's husband would find his wife and try to get her. Pete warned her! I think she's naive/frivolous because in real life, someone who's been through what she has (being attacked), she'd be a 100x more careful.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hmm.. I don't know.. I've never been in such a situation, so I can't really tell.
The only thing I know I wouldn't have done is open the door when I saw the husband.. but that's the only thing I think Violet was foolish..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 02-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Supreme Fan

It would have been a lot of smarter and safer for Violet to put her in a shelter for abused women or even a hotel. Sure, he could have found her at a hotel, but at least hotels have security and a lot of people around. It would have been safer than keeping her at her home.
You look beautiful, like a princess. An angry little princess. Someone stole your tiara. ~ Jane (to Lisbon)
Old 02-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sure, but Violet cares a lot about her patients.. I like that about her..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©