Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2014, 09:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
You do that, and forgive my late replies to some of these threads.
Yes. Tom. The Definite Article. Have u seen many of his stories?
its ok take your time replying
Old 10-31-2014, 11:00 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
its ok take your time replying
Aw, thanks! I have also seen all of the Tom Baker stories at some point or other, starting with watching them on PBS when I was little. Seen most of Pertwee, harder to stay tuned into his stories as they are so long!
But I like Roger Delgado as the Master, so I tend to watch the ones with him more often than the rest without him.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Aw, thanks! I have also seen all of the Tom Baker stories at some point or other, starting with watching them on PBS when I was little. Seen most of Pertwee, harder to stay tuned into his stories as they are so long!
But I like Roger Delgado as the Master, so I tend to watch the ones with him more often than the rest without him.
thats awesome i think i really want to wacth all of tom bakers series i think him as the doctor brillant and his everyones fav
Old 10-31-2014, 06:00 PM
Absolute Fan

I really want to get into more Hartnell/Troughton as I have only seen a handful of each. But Tom Baker is the best place to start IMHO.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:33 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I really want to get into more Hartnell/Troughton as I have only seen a handful of each. But Tom Baker is the best place to start IMHO.
That what I heard toms the best I do like Peter Davison I think he would of been a doctor I could relate to
Old 11-01-2014, 09:04 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
That what I heard toms the best I do like Peter Davison I think he would of been a doctor I could relate to
I think I may just stay with Tom Baker and the later Doctors I like. The earlier Doctors tend t be expensive and I already have quite a sizeable collection.

Im hoping to do a Classic Who rewatch tomorrow night by watching Logopolis with whomever we can get that is available and willing.
That is something Tim suggested and I wholeheartedley want to do.

With Tom Baker, you should probably start with The Ark in Space. Its a classic and it cuts ties with Earth and UNIT as regular concepts appearing in the series. Or try Terror of the Zygons if u want a proper TB UNIT story with the Brigadier and Sarah Jane.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I think I may just stay with Tom Baker and the later Doctors I like. The earlier Doctors tend t be expensive and I already have quite a sizeable collection.

Im hoping to do a Classic Who rewatch tomorrow night by watching Logopolis with whomever we can get that is available and willing.
That is something Tim suggested and I wholeheartedley want to do.

With Tom Baker, you should probably start with The Ark in Space. Its a classic and it cuts ties with Earth and UNIT as regular concepts appearing in the series. Or try Terror of the Zygons if u want a proper TB UNIT story with the Brigadier and Sarah Jane.
Yer I do like Tom as a doctor and sarah Jane and brig is brilliant
Old 11-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Yer I do like Tom as a doctor and sarah Jane and brig is brilliant
In which case u might like Tom's very first serial, Robot. It is a UNIT story in the finest Pertwee traditions and has Sarah Jane and the Brig. But enough recommending titles, I believe Tim has that covered.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
In which case u might like Tom's very first serial, Robot. It is a UNIT story in the finest Pertwee traditions and has Sarah Jane and the Brig. But enough recommending titles, I believe Tim has that covered.
Robot is definitely a personal favourite of mine. So as to not to overwhelm, I recommended two or three stories per Doctor, and as she's seen Genesis, I said that the next best are City of Death, Talons of Weng-Chiang and Pyramids of Mars, but in terms of personal favourites, Robot is up there. Is it the best? No. But is it a favourite of mine? Yes.

I wrote an article a year ago entitled Tom Baker's Top 10 Episodes and it was so frustrating, as I had to separate best from favourite. If it was favourite, Robot would be easily in there, but unfortunately it missed out. The article did get over 77,000 reads though
Doctor Who: Tom Baker’s 10 Best Episodes
Old 11-07-2014, 06:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
Robot is definitely a personal favourite of mine. So as to not to overwhelm, I recommended two or three stories per Doctor, and as she's seen Genesis, I said that the next best are City of Death, Talons of Weng-Chiang and Pyramids of Mars, but in terms of personal favourites, Robot is up there. Is it the best? No. But is it a favourite of mine? Yes.

I wrote an article a year ago entitled Tom Baker's Top 10 Episodes and it was so frustrating, as I had to separate best from favourite. If it was favourite, Robot would be easily in there, but unfortunately it missed out. The article did get over 77,000 reads though
Doctor Who: Tom Baker’s 10 Best Episodes
Oh perfect
Old 11-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Absolute Fan

Now get to watching the titles on that list and share in the classic Who goodness!!
Old 11-09-2014, 04:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Now get to watching the titles on that list and share in the classic Who goodness!!
Will do firstly lets kill this thread and have one of the favourite doctor move onto a second thread ( so sad that it's not far along )
Old 12-09-2014, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Still only one thread for the legendary Fourth Doctor, Tom Baker, who held the title of "most popular Doctor" for nearly three decades? That's a tragedy! We need a new thread posthaste!

tumblr
Old 12-09-2014, 01:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Still only one thread for the legendary Fourth Doctor, Tom Baker, who held the title of "most popular Doctor" for nearly three decades? That's a tragedy! We need a new thread posthaste!

tumblr
I know right ? New thread time
Old 12-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I know right ? New thread time
How long does a thread last before you open a new one?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread