Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

I am just not sure if I should listen to it now ... or wait until I can watch the christmas special ... which will be tomorrow evening
|it's about time
Old 12-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

you could listen to it now so that you can get used to it already I did that and it worked out fine.

Aww, why won't you be able to watch it before then?
Old 12-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, I caved ... and I have to say, I love it I just listened to it once and I already like it more than the old one *ducks*

Nevermind ... I thought I would just wait until tomorrow to watch it, since it is 2am already, but it is DW ... how am I supposed to be able to wait??
So I am off to watch it
|it's about time
Old 12-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

good giiiiirrrrllllllll!

I'm glad you like it! I really hope I'll grow to love it more than the old one too
Old 12-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Master Fan

Glad you came to your senses ... who needs sleep when you have DW?

I think I just need to it a few more times, it's still sort of a shock.

Old 12-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know why, but I like the sound of the new theme

I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway
|it's about time
Old 12-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedxlie (View Post)
I've watched the opening with the new theme tune about 10 times now, to make myself get used to it and it's working, I still like the old one a LOT more but I don't hate this
Oh, God, it's not permanent, is it? I thought it was just for the "movie" theme thing. I hated it. My mum hated it. My sister hated it. I think even my guinea pig hated it- well she ran back into her house when it came on.

Quote:
Doctor: I just want a mate!
Donna: You're not mating with me sunshine!
That just made me laugh.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I think it is permanent
Old 12-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Master Fan

I think I heard that is was originally for Time Crash, but apparently they liked it so much they wanted to use it, well there's no guarentee for taste despite them making a generally awesome show.

Old 12-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

If this series is as good as the last one, the theme can suck as much or little as it wants to.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

that's a good way of putting it! I have high hopes for it being even BETTER than the last one though
Old 12-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Master Fan

Unless this season has John Simm in it, I think that's impossible. Though, this series should have less pointless unrequited love storylines, so it could well be better.

Seriously, though, Billie Piper, John Barrowman, Catherine Tate, Freema Agyemen and John Simm in the same scene. How awesome would that be?
Old 12-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

John Simm would make it amazing, but the fact that Billie will be in it, no matter in what way, already makes it better for me than season 3 by default

Quote:
Seriously, though, Billie Piper, John Barrowman, Catherine Tate, Freema Agyemen and John Simm in the same scene. How awesome would that be?
TV's would explode, that's how awesome it would be!
Old 12-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Master Fan

That is an excellent point. However, I am still waiting with bated breath to see if they do it well. If they fail at it, I may cry (what am I talking about, may?)

It would! I'd be picking up glass shards for weeks!

Also, was anyone else expecting some Rose reference? I kept looking out for hints. And in the trailers? I was totally expecting it to go black and Rose to say "Doctorrrrrr" in a creepy voice and then for the image to come back and have DT look straight at "us" and say "Rose?" and then fade to complete black. But it didn't happen
Old 12-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't expecting any Rose references (hoping is a completely different thing. But expecting? No.), so I wasn't really disappointed. I knew we wouldn't see her in the trailer, I guess that just would've been too big for just a teaser. Especially because she's coming back in one of the last few episodes, and the trailers after the Christmas special usually cover only the first 5 episodes of the season or so.

Still, it would've been great if we had gotten some kind of reference... Ahhh well. I have a feeling we'll get more than enough of them in season 4, I'd imagine they'd want to build up her return
Closed Thread   Post New Thread