Looking forward to them Amy Welcome back

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:38 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Thanks Chelle

I think the banner should focus more on the Doctors. We have so many now that I definitely want Doctors 9 - 13 as well as certain icons like 1, 4,& 5. I am sure that others have opinions on iconic Doctors. Really the only one I feel should be in the banner for sure is 4. Maybe the five Doctors from the current show (9-13) and then select 4 of the orginal series Doctors to include.

Companions are not as solid. Sometimes they only last one season so I am not sure they should be included in the banner since they may not be around for long.

Here are some color palettes that I like:

https://www.design-seeds.com/in-natu...venly-hues-50/

https://www.design-seeds.com/in-natu...etting-hues-3/

https://www.design-seeds.com/in-natu...venly-hues-46/

https://www.design-seeds.com/wander/sea/color-sea-45/

https://www.design-seeds.com/seasons...crystal-clear/

I prefer soft pastels highlighted by darker shades of all colors.

I am not a fan of all the brown that is currently on the board. A little brown in the right shade is wonderful but the current colors used just have too much brown for me.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:58 PM
Moderator Support Team

So you want rhe current doctors ?
Old 07-12-2019, 01:51 AM
Graphics Team Manager

From what I understand she's suggestion a combination of old & new, with possibly the focus being more on the new ones?
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
We have so many now that I definitely want Doctors 9 - 13 as well as certain icons like 1, 4,& 5. I am sure that others have opinions on iconic Doctors. Really the only one I feel should be in the banner for sure is 4. Maybe the five Doctors from the current show (9-13) and then select 4 of the orginal series Doctors to include.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-12-2019, 07:02 AM
Graphics Team

Petra, do you like any of the color schemes that Amy posted?
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ѕυρrємє ωιт¢н (View Post)
Petra, do you like any of the color schemes that Amy posted?
I like the 3 and 4 one .. they are nice i like the lighter look to .. tbh i woudlnt mind that nice shade of lighter colours like what is used on izombie which is nice and bright.

Well.i wouldne mind focusing more on the newer doctors and i still want the newer companions in it .
Old 07-12-2019, 03:09 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Which of the Doctors and Companions would you like on the banner Petra?
Old 07-13-2019, 03:37 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Which of the Doctors and Companions would you like on the banner Petra?
I would say last 5 doctors and the newer companions
Old 07-13-2019, 11:11 AM
Graphics Team

There's only 3 new companions, right? As those are the only ones I see in the character/promo photos.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:19 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
I would say last 5 doctors and the newer companions
ok Petra You are an AMAZING co-mod and friend. You have been moderating this board much longer than I (about 6 years) so I really want to honor your wishes.

If the last 5 Doctors are present (every Doctor in the new series), the graphic won't seem so out of date when the current companions leave. The only true constant in the show is the Doctor and he/she switches out about every 3 seasons.

I just really don't want a brown board please.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:38 PM
Graphics Team

If you want one with no brown then I suppose that would be the 3rd one you linked? Since Petra said out of the ones you linked she likes the 3rd and 4th ones.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:45 PM
Graphics Team Manager

So the characters wanted are: Ninth Doctor, Tenth Doctor, Eleventh Doctor, Twelfth Doctor, Thirteenth Doctor, Graham O'Brien, Yasmin Khan, & Ryan Sinclair (checking characters, not necessarily suggesting pictures)
With also the Tardis included

When I look at the colour schemes you both discussed you both seem ok with sunset colours? I know Petra was thinking about the colours used in the recent season promotional pictures. I had suggested these two, which are similar in colour to these two which you suggested Amy. Then Petra said she liked the second one of those so I'd presume that's the best colour scheme to go with. Alternatively we could use a combination from them?

Random thought, but if you wanted doctors & companions why not fan favourite companions with the last 5 doctors? That way its less outdated quickly? But never know, the companions for #13 may last a while...

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-14-2019, 05:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
So the characters wanted are: Ninth Doctor, Tenth Doctor, Eleventh Doctor, Twelfth Doctor, Thirteenth Doctor, Graham O'Brien, Yasmin Khan, & Ryan Sinclair (checking characters, not necessarily suggesting pictures)
With also the Tardis included

When I look at the colour schemes you both discussed you both seem ok with sunset colours? I know Petra was thinking about the colours used in the recent season promotional pictures. I had suggested these two, which are similar in colour to these two which you suggested Amy. Then Petra said she liked the second one of those so I'd presume that's the best colour scheme to go with. Alternatively we could use a combination from them?

Random thought, but if you wanted doctors & companions why not fan favourite companions with the last 5 doctors? That way its less outdated quickly? But never know, the companions for #13 may last a while...
oh i love that idea for the fav one Question how many people can we have in the banner???

Quote:
ok Petra You are an AMAZING co-mod and friend. You have been moderating this board much longer than I (about 6 years) so I really want to honor your wishes.

If the last 5 Doctors are present (every Doctor in the new series), the graphic won't seem so out of date when the current companions leave. The only true constant in the show is the Doctor and he/she switches out about every 3 seasons.

I just really don't want a brown board please.
oh your so sweet dear god 6 years???? i didnt know that haha

well i dont mind the classic doctors but i feel our conversations steer towards the newer era
Old 07-14-2019, 01:26 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Max 15/16 characters but they'll be small. I'd recommend 8-10 characters

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-14-2019, 02:15 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Ok how about 10 & Donna, 11 & Amy/Rory, and 13 & Graham/Yasmin/Ryan + the TARDIS

That would put us at 9 + TARDIS. Instead of 10 & Donna we could also do 12 & Clara or 12 & Bill. 12 & Clara might be best since Clara was such a long standing companion.

For the color schemes you shared Chelle I like the first color scheme better but I also like the 2nd one as well. I guess we should go with the one you think will look best on the board with the new banner.
Reply   Post New Thread