Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-27-2004, 03:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

I feel so bad for you, Mia! Have you asked people for help at the yahoo group? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Monica, great news: "Shattered Glass" was released a couple of weeks ago, but I'll probably end up getting it on DVD in the next couple of weeks.

Oh yeah...great movie! To those who have their minds in the gutter. [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Kate, I think that would be a pretty good reason! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Early 2005, eh Dori? Wow. I don't know if I can wait that long! [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 03-13-2004, 09:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

I found this link while lurking on IMDb's message boards ~Dori

MTV NEWS

From 3/11/04 MTV News

Elijah Wood Learning To Kick Soccer Fans' Butts
03.11.2004 5:15 PM EST

MTV News

LOS ANGELES Move over, Schwarzenegger, Stallone and Van Damme, because the list of movie stars who have busted their butts to learn how to kick ass in a movie has just gotten a new name.

"I've been in fight training," Elijah Wood revealed at this week's premiere for "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind," the smart new drama in which he co-stars with Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet (see "Jim Carrey, Kate Winslet, Elijah Wood Bask In 'Eternal Sunshine' At Premiere").

It's all in preparation for the movie "The Yank," which the "Lord of the Rings" star will be shooting for six weeks in England beginning later this month.

"It's a movie about English football — soccer — and hooliganism," he explained. "Fans of football there sort of form these factions and fight amongst [each other]. It's a massive part of the culture. It's all throughout Europe and a lot of it is prevalent in England. I play an American who gets mixed up in that world after coming over to visit his sister."

"The Yank," originally titled "Hooligans" (see "What Lies Ahead For The Hobbits?"), was written by Dougie Brimson, a former serviceman, and is being directed by Lexi Alexander, whose short film "Johnny Flynton" earned an Oscar nomination in 2002. In addition to Wood, the cast includes Ross McCall ("Band of Brothers") and "Nicholas Nickleby" star Charlie Hunnam, last seen in "Cold Mountain."

"It'll be pretty incredibly violent and realistic," Wood promised with a grin. "It'll be fun."

"The Yank" (which could very well be called "Hooligans" again before it's released) is due in theaters next year.

Wood has also completed work on the animated feature "Happy Feet," with Robin Williams and Brittany Murphy, which should surface sometime in 2006.

—Ryan J. Downey
Old 03-14-2004, 01:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

Weee! Thanks for the article, Dori! It really confirms that they actually will be making this movie! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I am really excited to see Elijah fight! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'm sure it will open up a new genre of movies that he might not have been suited for before hand...

Shooting begins in six weeks. Let the countdown begin! Hopefully some behind the scenes photos will surface...

I wonder if Lij and Charlie will play mates...?

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 03-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

*Claire Forlani* to portray Elijah's sister in "The Yank" aka "hooligans"

Claire Forlani is keeping company with some pretty rough characters.
The 31-year-old British actress joins Elijah Wood and Charlie Hunnam in the soccer film "Hooligans."

According to The Hollywood Reporter, "Hooligans" stars Wood as an undergrad who moves to London after being expelled from Harvard. A young Brit (Hunnam) introduces him to the violent underworld of soccer hooliganism. Forlani will portray the sister of Wood's character.

Also A film crew will be attending tomorrow's (saturday March 27th) football match up between West Ham and Gillingham.

The film crew will be in attendence to film stadium fans and their reactions to the game but in particular to "West Ham" since Charlie's Character, Pete, is the leader of a group of "West Ham Hooligans."
Old 03-27-2004, 09:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Brekkon:
<STRONG>Monica, great news: "Shattered Glass" was released a couple of weeks ago, but I'll probably end up getting it on DVD in the next couple of weeks.</STRONG>
Why aren't you going to the cinema?? I read Hayden does a wonderful job.

Mònica [img]smilies/sail_boat.gif[/img]
♥ | ♪ | ☼
Old 03-27-2004, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

Pictures from the shooting of HOoligans.

Looks like he cut his hair again. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Lifer #1
Old 03-28-2004, 06:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Squeeee! Sooo excited that filming has begun for "The Yank"!

Man, this is sooo weird seeing a pic of Elijah and Charlie together. Two of my fave actors, I'd never picture them in the same movie together!

Wow. So Lij is growing his hair, and now Charlie has cut his. I nearly didn't recognise him, without the shag. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] That's definitely the shortest it's been! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 03-28-2004, 06:17 AM
Ultimate Fan

[img]smilies/thud.gif[/img] thanks for the pics!!! I so can´t wait for that film!

Life as Mia
Old 03-28-2004, 08:10 AM
Master Fan

Actually look closely, Elijah cut his hair shorter again too.
Dang, Elijah's eyes always stand out to much.
Lifer #1
Old 03-28-2004, 01:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

You totally rule WildHobbit!!! Thanks for those.

I watched Sky News on Fox Cable hoping that they would at least say something (other than West Ham won 2-1) about the filming they did not say a word. I so would have loved to have gone...but these pics make up for that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Charlie looks so different with his hair that short and yeah unless his mole is in his smile it looks like make-up has covered it...awww

Does any one know who the guy is on Elijah's left? I swear to God the guy looks like my brother Doug save Doug had his front teeth knocked out playing hockey. I am Half-English maybe this guy is distant relative or something it is that uncanny.

[ 03-28-2004: Message edited RedRockSedona ]
Old 03-29-2004, 03:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ditto, Mia! = [img]smilies/thud.gif[/img]!

I think I joined the forum at the Charlie site...It kept asking me to enter my login details, because they weren't valid, or something.

Good observation, Sand. His hair is shorter still, but then again, not as short as Charlie's. :0 And those damned eyes again! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hey Dori, shame that nothing was mentioned about the movie. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

And yes, I do not see his mole. Wonder what's up with that? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] Wasn't it stupid to airbrush his mole off on the "Nicholas Nickleby" movie poster, yet he had his mole all through the movie. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Stupid. I can't wait to see some more studio photos for this movie.

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Funny that the guy on Elijah's left looks like your cousin. Well, wouldn't that be Mr. Hunnam? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 03-29-2004, 07:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Brekkon:
<STRONG>
I think I joined the forum at the Charlie site...It kept asking me to enter my login details, because they weren't valid, or something.

Hey Dori, shame that nothing was mentioned about the movie. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Funny that the guy on Elijah's left looks like your cousin. Well, wouldn't that be Mr. Hunnam? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]</STRONG>
dang, I wish my cousin looked like the guy on Elijah's *right* errrr well second cousin twice removed....etc [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] No Elijah's left is our right.

about the news or lack of news, I also keep hoping that the West Ham (or later the movie rival team Millwall) sites also mention something the filming. So far they haven't either...But maybe it's the genre of the film and being about hooliganism?

Lastly I'm sorry about you troubles with Charlie's forum site there are still a few kinks but I am working on them.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:49 PM
New Fan

Hey guys, thought you lot might be interested to know that Lij might be staying at the Four Seasons Hotel, Canary Wharf, although this is unconfirmed as yet. It was great to see the pics of blue eyes at West Ham over the weekend, he's finally here!! Yuppee.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:09 AM
Master Fan

From the Hooligans shoot:

These pics are really huge!
Old 04-01-2004, 01:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Those are awesome PaOlo, and yes Big...they are from the splash site right? I did not have a subscription so I only saw the thumbs yesterday. And then today they have some new thumbs of Elijah and Charlie both wearing West Ham kits and kicking around football at the net off their knees and feet.