Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-04-2005, 02:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yes. That's a good idea.

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 02-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

Link to Hooligans trailer
Lifer #1
Old 02-19-2005, 04:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for that Sand! Dori over at the "Young Americans" Charlie Hunnam thread said it's quite violent!

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 02-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yep I really did think it was.

I came here because I was recently sent a scan of Charlie from an UK magazine I do not know which but I thought that I would mention it here because the news it featured may not be known and Elijah is also mentioned...and then the whole idea is pretty cool and for a good cause.

It's not every day we see a fox like Charlie Hunnam willfully disrobe himself. Nor is it a regular occurrence we browse through the rails of your local charity shop and come up with Luke Perry's cast offs. But it's in the name of charidee sweedy, and celebrities have been queuing up to be involved. Spearheaded by the original supermodel Jerry Hall, the GiveGet campaign aims to encourage people to clear out their wardrobes throughout the month of September and donate their items to Cancer Research UK. GiveGet is one of the biggest clothing collections ever undertaken in the UK and aims to raise over £500,000 to help cure cancer faster. It's amazing to think that a bag of your unwanted stuff could be worth up to £30, so it really is worth taking it down to one of 155 local stores nationwide and contribute to this entirely worthy use. Labels-for-less retailer TK Maxx will be distributing over half a million bags to their customers and serving as a collection point. Bags can be dropped off in either a TK Maxx store (10-12 September) or Cancer Research UK shops between the 10th and 30th of September.

We love a good rummage, and with news that some very hot celebrities are hiding some of their own clothes amongst the rails of Cancer Research shops across the UK have us moist. Ever wanted to try on the Scissor Sisters' waistcoats for size or get inside Denise Van Outen's t-shirt? Wannabe drag queens out there can even buy the very dress Jerry Hall wore to host the Miss World competition in South Africa.

To coincide with the collection, renowned photographer Jason Bell has photographed a host of high profile celebrities including Elijah Wood, Minnie Driver, Kate Winslet and Liam Neeson in the theme of giving.

The portraits appear in a stunning coffee table essential, with our favorite being this rather sexy chap of Queer as Folk chicken turned Hollywood party boy, Mr. Hunnam. All royalties from the book are being donated to this truly deserving charity. Sexy boys, celebrities, and shopping - all for a good cause? (missing word???) us...

Give Get is a unique partnership between Cancer research UK and fashion retailer TK Maxx. To help raise money for Cancer Research UK purchase the Give Get book (£12.99), available in all major book retailers from October 2004. For further information visit www.tkmaxx.com/giveget

Any way I went surfing and found this synopsis using 0954684311 as the ISBN and with Dewi Lewis Media Ltd publishing

GiveGet brings together portraits by internationally renowned celebrity photographer Jason Bell. It includes portraits of Max Beesley, Lisa B, Lisa Butcher, Charlotte Church, Mackenzie Crook, Jack Dee, Katie Derham, Minnie Driver, Driscal, Krishnan Guru-Murthy, Charlie Hunnam, Raza Jaffrey, Jamelia, Nell McAndrew, Katie Melua, Mis-Teeq, Liam Neeson, Cynthia Nixon, Luke Perry, Preeya Kalidas, Tamara Rojo, Bryn Terfel, Jamie Theakston, Johnny Vegas, Kate Winslet, Elijah Wood, Leah Wood and Kirsty Young. Jason Bell's work appears worldwide in publications including Time Magazine, Sunday Times Magazine, Vogue, Arena, Elle, Harper's Bazaar, GQ and Rolling Stone. His work is also in the NationalPortrait Gallery collection. His book 'Gold Rush' won the 2001 Sportel Illustrated Sports Book of the Year Award. The photographs were also exhibited in galleries in London, Paris, Madrid, Milan, Rome, Berlin, Munich, Athens and Sydney.

---------------

It is avaible at Amazon UK and Amazon Canada...sorry if this is old news for some but I dont come here often and I only just learned it today
Old 02-25-2005, 09:42 AM
Total Fan

Ah thanks for that.(was it just my imagination that made me think that the Charlie picture involves few clothes? It was just me, wasn't it? Nevermind)
Old 02-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

What's that about nekkid pictures?
Old 02-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

That would be this one and well emm he's half naked
Old 02-26-2005, 09:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

I read your long post over at the Charlie Hunnam "YA" board, when I was lurking, but didn't respond. That GetGive campaign in Britain sounds like a great idea, and how cool that all of those celebs have gotten into the charity. It'd be cool if these celebs *cough*Charlie*cough*Elijah*cough* could come on over to Australia to my Salvos store and give us a hand with our next red bag campaign.

Just a word on the Charlie pic = !
Is the Elijah one floating around somewhere?

We can discuss just Charlie here, as well as the co-star thread, as he is a co-star of Elijah's.

Quote:
That would be this one and well emm he's half naked
Which half?

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 02-27-2005, 08:23 AM
Total Fan

WHY IS HE GROWING LONG BLONDE HAIR FROM HIS BACK?!!?!?!?

Isn't he? Wait.

WHAT IS IT?

Is it straw?

Is Elijah nekkid in his picture?

Are they doing actual events in Britain, or just this book sales?

That's a lot of questions.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Answering you questions StrongPlacebo

>>>WHY IS HE GROWING LONG BLONDE HAIR FROM HIS BACK?!!?!?!?

No, it is his own hair in the full size picture you can see that Charlie is shaving his hair with a electric shaver and his once long hair is falling over his face and down his back

>>>Is Elijah nekkid in his picture?

I don't know but I am ordering the book from Amazon Canada I will let you know all about Elijah's picture when I get it the book.

>>>Are they doing actual events in Britain, or just this book sales?

The way I understand it is that celebs have both been photographed for the coffee table book as well as have donated (and probably continue to donate) clothes and items to the TK Maxx chain of stores
Old 02-28-2005, 05:14 AM
Total Fan

Ah thankyou. It was the hair, it was really freaking me out.

They're donating clothes, you say? Hmm. And I live in the UK....near TK Maxx stores *ponders and plots*
Old 03-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Master Fan

In The Yank - which will be called Hooligans in the US - Elijah Wood plays the role of a Harvard dropout who comes to London and gets involved with a West Ham gang. It was filmed at Upton Park, where Wood endeared himself to members of the local "firms". The author and hooly expert Cass Pennant worked as a consultant: "I had a few lads who would take the piss out of the hobgoblin. But he won them over. He was very serious. His fans will be horrified to see their idol covered in blood."
Lifer #1
Old 03-02-2005, 02:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

on Charlie's hairy back, Hannah!

Dori, do we know when this picture was taken, then we'd know how much hair Charlie actually lobbed off. And damn does he still look HOT!

Thanks for showing us Elijah's pic when you get the book, and nevermind Hannah - her mind is in the gutter!

Do tell us of your plots and ponderings, Hannah

Thanks for the goss, Sand, I guess we'll be surprised to see Elijah in this light, but of course we know he can do it! Do you know what Elijah had done to win these people over?

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 03-02-2005, 04:49 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brekkon
nevermind Hannah - her mind is in the gutter!
Hey!

Yeah, okay.

I was just wondering.....

Quote:
Do tell us of your plots and ponderings, Hannah
Um.....I don't know.....just gonna go stalk 'em...or their clothes.

Except, I am anti-stallkerish behaviour.

Oh that reminds me, do you like my new avi? It really made me laugh

Quote:
Thanks for the goss, Sand, I guess we'll be surprised to see Elijah in this light, but of course we know he can do it! Do you know what Elijah had done to win these people over?
I can't answer this within a PG-13 environment.

So it's going to have two titles in different countries? That's why I kept getting confused! I guess people in Enlgnad wouldn't go see a film called Hoolians cause they're too involved in that world.

I did read somewhere that they didn't tell West Ham what the film actually was cause they wouldn't have let them use they're grounds if they knew it was about hooliganism

I will not mind seeing my icon covered in blood. I think this is a good role for Elijah. Especially since he seems keen to stay away from the teeny bopper fanbase which Orli has found himself stuck with. It'll convince people that he's a serious actor, same as Sin City.

But he seems to be doing okay with that. Most of the films he's done are serious, not teen boppery films

I'm actually really looking forward to it now
Old 03-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Ultimate Fan

hello everyone, i like the look of this film!!! and i cant believe i didnt know who Charlie was b4 this thread, where have i been!
Dom:"If he was a girl, I'd marry him today! I've been suggesting to Billy a sex change, but he really feels quite manly about things [Billy shouts, "I love women!"]. Yes, he's really passionate about women, as I am."
Billy:"Dom's an idiot."
Keeper Of Dom's Arms

Icon by zia319