Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

I AM disappointed. =/ I tried not to get my hopes too high , but never stopped believing Lauren/Parenthood might get a nomination this year.

Well, I just hope it's because the show is a newbie and it didn't even have a full season.
guess I'll have wait until next year to see if those are the reasons for no nominations or if they just REALLY like to snub Lauren.

Twitter |(Nathie)
Old 07-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
Zap2it also put PH between Snubs.

I didnt expect anything but mentions like these make me still sad.
mentions like these make me happy and proud. People and critics love Lauren and love her Sarah already. Let's see next year, I think things will be different with a complete season.

Quote:
So not true in my opinion. But well...
I know, and agree with you. I totally forgot about Lorelai in the few last episodes. For me her interpretation is quite different this time. The similarities people see between Lorelai and Sarah are Lauren's mannerisms, IMO, and not Lorelai's.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just realized this years Emmy's are early, August 29, remember what other events happen that day?

Who's better the PH DVDs will be advertised all over the telecast on NBC.

Quote:
I know, and agree with you. I totally forgot about Lorelai in the few last episodes. For me her interpretation is quite different this time. The similarities people see between Lorelai and Sarah are Lauren's mannerisms, IMO, and not Lorelai's.
That's a good point.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelarg (View Post)
The similarities people see between Lorelai and Sarah are Lauren's mannerisms, IMO, and not Lorelai's.
I could not agree more, and have said as much to people before. It's not Lorelai people are seeing, it's Lauren. She brought so much of herself to Lorelai (and I believe that Amy was writing to Lauren's natural personality), that it's hard to separate the two. But I think it's really Lauren that people are reacting to.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The similarities people see between Lorelai and Sarah are Lauren's mannerisms, IMO, and not Lorelai's.
I agree. And I have to say, Sarah doesn't remind me of Lorelai. They're so different, I really don't think of Lorelai when I watch PH. Sometimes I see Lauren doing some funny face or something and it'll make me laugh, but because that's her being cute, not Lorelai.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 07-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeposh (View Post)
I agree. And I have to say, Sarah doesn't remind me of Lorelai. They're so different, I really don't think of Lorelai when I watch PH. Sometimes I see Lauren doing some funny face or something and it'll make me laugh, but because that's her being cute, not Lorelai.
True. You can see Lauren in Sarah and Lorelai. But I do not see Lorelai in Sarah at all. Those are two completely different characters. The similarity we see is indeed Lauren's mannerism.

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 07-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Denise- (View Post)
True. You can see Lauren in Sarah and Lorelai. But I do not see Lorelai in Sarah at all. Those are two completely different characters. The similarity we see is indeed Lauren's mannerism.
Well that's the point, we see the same thing in her movies as well. It's not Lorelai but Lauren as the over riding factor here.

Now if she was as crazy for coffee and diner owners, then that would be a different matter
Old 07-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Now if she was as crazy for coffee and diner owners, then that would be a different matter

...or teachers?

I agree, I think it's a combination of her mannerisms and natural charisma which Lauren brings to her roles. They are distinctly different people/characters but are all linked by her innate ebullience.

And I'm disappointed for Lauren & PH's sake but I'm holding out for next year. However, I'm THRILLED for Hugh (although I don't think he should win cuz he's won a million times before-give it to someone else this time!), Kyle (I've had a MASSIVE crush on him since a little known series in the early 90s called Homefront), Connie & FNL! I agree that it would be wonderful for her to present the award to Connie, but there's such a small chance in hell for Connie. FNL is filmed right by where I live so that show is HUGE locally!

Last edited by Talula78; 07-09-2010 at 05:26 PM
Old 07-11-2010, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

From TV critic Paige Wiser, Chicago Sun-Times:

Quote:
• "Parenthood": The cast was too quality to ignore. Lauren Graham and Mae Whitman in particular deserve some unconditional love.
TA!
Old 07-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

I was looking for some Peter´s videos and I found one old paparazzi vid from when they filmed the baseball scene in the first pilot. I don´t think it has been posted here yet.

YouTube - parenthood paparazzi photos HD Boyle Park Mill Valley

Old 07-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Katka, will watch asap.

Parenthood has been presented to the Rome Telefilm Festival. It'll start airing on a digital cable network here but I don't know when yet, I guess in the fall.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 07-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Katka. Nice to see behind the scenes stuff (especially Peter acting ) although those short scenes confused me a bit lol.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
I was looking for some Peter´s videos and I found one old paparazzi vid from when they filmed the baseball scene in the first pilot. I don´t think it has been posted here yet.

YouTube - parenthood paparazzi photos HD Boyle Park Mill Valley
Cool! This is the behind the scenes of the other pilot, the one with Maura playing Sarah. Do you guys know if it's available on internet ? I'm a big fan of Maura, I'd like to watch it.

Twitter |(Nathie)
Old 07-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrygraham (View Post)
Thanks Katka. Nice to see behind the scenes stuff (especially Peter acting ) although those short scenes confused me a bit lol.
Heh, me too. They were on some manic repetitive cycle...weird. lol. Thanks for posting Katka!
Old 07-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm rewatching Perchance to Dream and cracking the hell up I do love the dance party bit but there are SO many little hilarious moments in this episode!!! The scene where Crosby and Adam are talking about whether or not Kristina/Jasmine's woohoos went back to normal after childbirth!!! He's SO grossed out!

And Sarah is properly cracking up when Kristina bursts out the closet! Cybil Shepard's lost jacket! Oh man, I love this show!

Oh MAN!!!! Also, when Sarah's rambling away to Amber to think about all the stuff that happened in the sixties and Amber has such a funny smirk she's like Ewww, I don't want to think about that. So funny.

Also - I finally caught up on Friday Night Lights. Mr Katims sure knows how to run a DAMN fine show. I'm so psyched for Connie and Kyles noms, well deserved.