Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-24-2007, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

to everyone on the Lauren Graham board
Old 12-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Moderator Support Team

aww thats cute
Happy holidays everyone

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Elite Fan

can you believe it that i'm wondering for 2 days why we have new mod, and then i realized Suz changed her nick
Old 12-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Master Fan

Oh, thats cool! Thanks, Kelly. And Ditto to everyone

Haha, Sanja. Nice one.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

...ok, I'm off to meet my friends and then to Christmas Mass...
I wonder what my boyfriend got me, he said he had run out of ideas after 3 years!

I won't be around at midnight, so I wish you all a
Merry Christmas!!!!

Val
icon: Permanent_99
Old 12-25-2007, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

And it's officially christmas over here too

Merry Christmas everyone

I got so many presents yesterday. I feel like a spoiled kid

I changed my username as well. I wanted Denise, but of course it was already taken, but this was an option too Well it's sort of Denise

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 12-25-2007, 03:45 AM
Master Fan

I got so many amazing presents too. apparently I was a good girl My christmas were lovely today and tomorrow we are going to visit rest of the family and have a little celebration with them And everyone liked presents from me so Im glad

Merry christmas to everyone who celebrates christmas today

Old 12-25-2007, 04:03 AM
Elite Fan

Merry Christmas everyone!!
I got some awesome presents as well, my parents spoiled me... and it seems like my bf didn't run out of ideas after all!
I'm off to Christmas lunch, have a great day!!
Old 12-25-2007, 04:09 AM
Master Fan

christmas lunch, nice, what is it?lol. We are not allowed to eat during christmas day until the big dinner. There is saying that if you don´t eat during that day you can see a golden piglet in the night.lol. I´ve never seen it cos I always eat a christmas cookies at least Good I was so hungry yesterday and the cooking dinner smelled so wonderfully, it´s always such a torture.lol.

Old 12-25-2007, 04:25 AM
Elite Fan

You don't eat during the whole day?? Really? I'd never heard about this.
We have Christmas lunch, with loads and loads of food, and then at dinner often I don't even eat 'cos I'm so full from lunch.
I love finding out all these differences between countries!
Old 12-25-2007, 05:15 AM
Master Fan

well, if you want you can read more about it here, there is also explanation for not eating on 24th. The most important food on christmas day is the dinner.

Quote:
Czech Christmas (Vánoce)

December 24 (Christmas Eve)

December 24 (�*tědrý den) is the most enjoyable day of Christmas holidays. Its Czech name literally means "Generous Day", probably for the wealth of food that has traditionally been served for Christmas dinner. Even poor families would make sure that their plates were full on this one day of the year.

December 24 is Adam and Eva's name day. The Christmas tree is decorated with traditional Czech Christmas ornaments and many households and preparations are made for the most festive dinner of the year. Christmas Eve is associated with many superstitions that usually relate to life, love, and destiny that awaits one in the year to come. According to one Czech Christmas custom, one is supposed to fast all day to see the "golden piglet" (zlaté prasátko) in the evening.

Christmas Dinner
Dinner is served after sunset (traditionally, it should not be served until after the first star has come out) and consists of carp and potato salad, sometimes preceded by mushroom, sauerkraut or fish soup.
Some families keep their carp in the bathtub for several days as a temporary pet for their children... Dinner can be finished with dessert, such as apple strudel. A traditional Christmas bread called vánočka (similar to the Jewish challa) used to be a part of the Christmas dinner in the past but today it has largely lost its Christmas connotation and is available year-round.

Christmas Presents
After dinner, everyone around the table may sing Christmas carols before moving to the Christmas tree, which is all lit up and beautiful. By then, presents have been placed under the tree. Czech children believe that Christmas gifts are brought by Baby Jesus (Jež�*šek) who comes into the room through the window to leave the presents. Unlike Santa Claus, Baby Jesus is a rather abstract figure with no particular physical image attached to him, and no one knows where he lives. Just like Santa though, he receives wish-list letters from Czech children a few weeks before Christmas.
and here is one story about how it was to have a christmas in communistic era. For all the americans around here to know what they have I find that story amusing and pathetic in the same time

Quote:
A lot of us “experienced Czechs” still remember the good old communist stores: Tuzex and Eso. They weren’t just some regular stores. They were the SUPER-SPECIAL stores. They were so special that they had their own currency called bony! Tuzex had toys/things from the 'evil' capitalist empire of Western Europe such as the true barbies, jeans or walkmans. The Eso store sold food items imported from the traitor’s land such as Wrigley’s chewing gums, peanut butter or Coca-Colas – great stuff!!!
Anyhow, my grandma’s Christmas treat for us was to spend a big part of her retirement money and exchange them for bony in order to buy us each a can of Coca-Cola in Eso. So at the end of the already awesome Christmas Eve I would go to our fridge, opened it and there it was - a chilled can of Coke….I was in heaven!! Even to this day when I drink MY OWN CAN OF COKE (!!!) I feel like a queen... Wink

Last edited by Danke; 12-25-2007 at 05:24 AM
Old 12-25-2007, 06:31 AM
Master Fan

Katka: How do you do that. In holland it's a huuugeee eating holiday. We start eating in the morning and don't stop until we explode No wonder every dutch person always complains about their weight after the holidays

Old 12-25-2007, 06:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Denise- (View Post)
Katka: How do you do that. In holland it's a huuugeee eating holiday. We start eating in the morning and don't stop until we explode No wonder every dutch person always complains about their weight after the holidays
don´t worry Denise, we do that too, just the day after christmas eve, from 25th and on.lol Today I eat like I have never seen food before

Old 12-25-2007, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

Well, that's good

Old 12-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alias

Hey girls

Merry christmas again

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Denise- (View Post)
Yeah its the same here--only we start the eating at lunchAnd we go for a very long walk afterwardsBut the weight thing is basically the same

Our walk today lasted 3,5 hours!!!It was soo beautiful--the snow is just greatit was quite foggy and cold, the trees were all whitejust awesome
I'm so glad my family liked their presentsI'm never sure about that

OK-I'm off now--we always watch Ben Hur(eventhough nobody really likes it)its ancient tradition

Have a nice evening

T.