Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-13-2003, 08:20 AM
Master Fan

Ok, good, I'm glad to hear it from a mother's perspective! I was afraid that her parents would get mad at me if I tried to call her something other than what they wanted. Whew! Belle is way prettier than Izzy.

Here's a picture of Isabella Claire:
Old 12-13-2003, 08:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

Oh, how cute! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] She's adorable.

Do they have those same blankets at every hospital around the country or something? I've seen them at the Children's Hospital in Oklahoma, the Army hospital in Ft. Sill, Balboa Hospital in San Diego and of course the hospital here where Alexis was born! [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
Old 12-13-2003, 03:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi all! I came in to figure out what the title meant and was greeted with baby talk! Yay, babies! I think it's funny that that's what you're all talking about. I already congratulated Steph and Cheryl's families(well...kinda, I obviously can't tell the mothers, I don't know them), but any woman with the patience to handle a kid(or three)all day every day for the next 18 years deserves another. And again I mention, Isabella is so cute! And Belle's an adorable name; it immediatelly reminded me of Beauty and the Beast. That's all I have to say. Bye!

Edited:Because I'm too lazy to proof-read.

[ 12-13-2003: Message edited SamiJoe ]

Lorelai: I...I just don't care anymore. He's the one missing out on something really great. (she looks at RORY)
Josh: Yeah. Two really great things. (LORELAI smiles)
-Before the Beginning
Old 12-13-2003, 09:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

I immediately thought of Beauty and the Beast too! I love that movie! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 12-13-2003, 10:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal:
<STRONG>Cher, it's Aimee, Alicia, and Alexis...that's birth order. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] At birthday parties when we blow out the candles my parents always say our names in that order and all our friends just shout out our names randomly and we're like "Ya'll! There's an order!"

Anywho, Steph, I can't imagine having a baby at this age either. I babysat a 5 month old this morning and he is the cutest thing EVER but it's hard work man! They're just so all time consuming. As for raising triplets, my mother cannot recall one single event of our lives before age 3, except one. The time she was unloading us out of the van, and "lost" my sister. Turns out she toddeled next door on the porch swinging with Pappy Joe. Yes, that was our neighbor's name. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Oh geez, I think all of Alexis' stories could keep us occupied in here...I like how Aimee is spelled! I like different spellings for names like Dayna instead of Dana...I'm not really found of that name b/c it reminds me of this one girl in school but I can't think of a nickname to call her, except Dee and I don't like that either!

I'm hoping to get pictures soon!

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 12-14-2003, 02:57 AM
Master Fan

LOL, Kitty, I don't think a hospital can get certified without purchasing those baby blankets! It's true though, it does seem like every hospital in the world has those same blankets.

I like the spelling of Aimee too. I like Amy just fine but Aimee gives it a more exotic look.
Old 12-14-2003, 07:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

The spelling of Aimee is cute. Kind of like how I went a little crazy on Alexis's middle name.. Jaimie. Everyone asks me why I spelled it that way. I tell them that after spending a week and a half in a hospital bed, I was bored to tears and was having a little fun.. at my daughter's expense!

Well, I'm off to the treadmill.. be back later! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2003, 12:10 PM
Master Fan

My middle name is Jaime and even though the spelling is not as rare as Jaimie, I remember when I was younger, people especially my teachers would tell me that I was spelling it incorrectly and it would make me cry. But that was back in the early 80s when people were still pretty much sticking with traditional ways of spelling names. In this day and age though, kids probably wouldn't encounter that.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:11 PM
Ultimate Fan

Today we went Christmas shopping with my mom.. just me, her and Karissa. Now, to begin with.. Karissa is a little slow on her speech. She doesn't really talk in sentences for anyone and unless you're lucky.. she'll answer your question if you ask her something. She basically points and says one or two words when she wants something. A lot of it is guessing what she wants.

Well, today, we're at Toys R Us and Karissa points to this toy.. one of the Leap Frog toys. My mom gives it to her to look at. Karissa is playing with it, looks up and says almost perfectly, "Grandma, buy this. Put in cart."

I started laughing and came to the conclusion that Karissa can talk when it's convienent for her! And yes, she got the toy! Of course, I can't seem to get her to understand that I have to wrap it up and put it under the tree where she has to wait a little over a week to unwrap it and play with it! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 12-14-2003: Message edited catkok ]

Old 12-14-2003, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

I'll tell ya kids these days, it's amazing what they'll do for something! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] But I love them.

Dennis (Dayna's dad) was telling me today at church about how Derek the five year old kept bringing blankets to her to keep her warm, and Darren the 2 1/2 year old kept bringing her toys and hugging her. She is going to have the best older brothers and best older cousin too. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The hosptial where Dayna and Mommy were at, didn't have that same blanket. The one they had was much cuter. I forget what it looked like though. It might have been little duckies.

The Saddam thing seems to surreal for me, I don't believe he would give up like that. On a much happier note, Mr. Sally is supposed to come this week. That is my teacher who was shipped to the Middle East.

Old 12-14-2003, 04:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

That's right! I was wondering about your teacher. Great news. It's great that he's coming back. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Bet his family is happy! And for Christmas!

Old 12-14-2003, 05:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by catkok:
<STRONG>
I started laughing and came to the conclusion that Karissa can talk when it's convienent for her! And yes, she got the toy! Of course, I can't seem to get her to understand that I have to wrap it up and put it under the tree where she has to wait a little over a week to unwrap it and play with it! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
Aw! That's so cute! The waiting's the hardest part about Christmas!
Old 12-15-2003, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

Okay quick OT question. My sister just called from New York (she's there on a mission trip, their group's "Off Day" is tomorrow night) and she wants to know what's the best thing to do in Brooklyn/NYC at night...for 20-ish folks?

Can anyone help out with this?
Old 12-15-2003, 08:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal:
<STRONG>Okay quick OT question. My sister just called from New York (she's there on a mission trip, their group's "Off Day" is tomorrow night) and she wants to know what's the best thing to do in Brooklyn/NYC at night...for 20-ish folks?

Can anyone help out with this?</STRONG>
I'd email Reenie, and see if she'd know.Reenie is Grossepointefan1@aol.com

Or ask on the OT Board too!

Old 12-15-2003, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Cher! She's calling back later tonight...is Coney Island open at night? [/hick question,lol]