Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Well there's that. To be honest the only CW shows I know of nowadays are Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill. Neither of which were great. I just worry as I fear the network will take away some of the depth that the book had (if that makes sense) and will make it more...shallow, or something. And there's awards to consider too - I just had a really nice picture of Lauren FINALLY getting that Emmy but for writing. That is more unlikely to happen on the CW.

I don't know. It just doesn't feel right to me. The CW doesn't feel mature enough for SSM - and the fact that GG was on it for my least favorite season doesn't help either.

I hope that Lauren has enough control of the show to keep it in her vision. I don't think she'd stand for them changing it much, which makes me feel better
Old 08-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjoni (View Post)
From Lauren on the nerdist podcast we knew that The CW bought the pilot and that the show's working title is: Unfamous.
Haven't been able to find 90 free minutes to listen yet.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 08-17-2013, 09:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

Though One Tree Hill ran on CW for 6 years, it orginated on The WB and the first 4 seasons were the best ones, after that the show lost more and more quality, so even OTH doesn't count really for CW in my opinion, cos the best seasons were mostly under their name.

What I wonder: I don't really know much about the SSM book plot, just the thing I had read and just read on amazon, that it's about a youngish actress (I would say like Lauren she might be mid 20) in New York City with hopes to get her break but also aware that this might not happen. Reminds me of The L.A. Complex (which ran on CW but was a Canadian show which I liked though not great and with problems). Anyway, the things is how a show like that fits to CW and the target audience? There seem to be no teenagers, it appears to be a adult show with grown ups. It reminds me of Bunheads, which had 2 grown up ladies in the center and 4 girls that didn't do much and were not that much fun or a lot less than the two leading ladies. Bunheads though a very okay show with problems didn't make it beyond season 1 and I know why: The concept was not really for a young audience.

That is just guessing of course but though I want to be optimistic and happy for Lauren, I also want a good show that doesn't get cancelled after one season.

In other related Lauren intern news: Today I finished the first season of my Gilmore Girls ReRun. Interesting finale with full focus on love for both Rory and Lorelai. Looking forward to season 2, which will be watched winter break when Parenthood doesn't air for a few weeks. Lauren is simply fantastic, amazing and pure pleasure, she of course can play the funny scences but also shows so many emotions and the great range of feelings of Lorelai. She makes me laugh out loud at least once in every episode, I was lying on the floor when Lorelai met Luke, went shopping for him and bought him all these clothes, I'm still not sure how Scott Patterson could act with her, she was on speed or coffee overdoes or sugar rush, it was the funniest thing of this season, the Gilmore Girls humour is fantastic, it's intelligent, fresh, with pop cultures and there are so many laughs out of nowhere, when you can't expect them, cos everybody can say something amusing in every scene, even the characters where you don't expect it from. Season 2 will have Jess instead of annoying Tristan, that will be a huge plus, I remember some stories with Jess.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 08-17-2013 at 09:13 PM
Old 08-20-2013, 03:57 AM
Master Fan

Finally listened to the podcast. It´s kind of cute that Lauren is still frustrated over the joke not going well at the Emmys

Old 08-20-2013, 05:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

The new TV Guide shares the salaries of a number of TV stars. Lauren is listed with a salary of $175,000 per episode.

When I calculate how many years I have to work to make what some of these people earn in a week, I want to cry!!
Old 08-21-2013, 12:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The new TV Guide shares the salaries of a number of TV stars. Lauren is listed with a salary of $175,000 per episode.
Wow.
icon: Permanent_99

Last edited by valeposh; 08-21-2013 at 05:05 AM
Old 08-21-2013, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes that's a lot of money, compared to us mer mortals but remember at least half that cost in tax, then agents fees. Lauren might only be on $70,000 per episode... or about $1.5mil a this year. That's less than $30k a week when divided for 52 weeks.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntbee (View Post)

When I calculate how many years I have to work to make what some of these people earn in a week, I want to cry!!
That's actually not a lot compared to some other people. Though, I imagine on an ensemble show, it's pretty respectable
Old 08-21-2013, 02:49 AM
Master Fan

Here is the full list. I think it´s pretty respectable in this context.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
Here is the full list. I think it´s pretty respectable in this context.
I wonder where Peter and the rest of the cast fall on that list? Surely they can't fall below $25k a week?
Old 08-21-2013, 06:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, it seems to be much money at first view, but then in the end what Lauren gets might be only half and she has to work long hours (okay, she isn't in every scene of a 80 pages script anymore), it's a show on television, NBCs making some money, so I don't see the problem with that. What you can argue about are the millions of dollars that movie stars get for their 250 $ or more movies. That's ridiculous in my eyes, though of course in the end you get what you can get because someone's making even more money with that movie, so as long as "we" pay for the actors or athlets, they'll get that money.

And one thing: Lauren is on a network show, she makes 175k, Michael C. Hall gets 300k per episode with 12 episodes per season (though he's now a producer, he will get more), everybody knows Dexter, nobody knows Parenthood, not so bad for Lauren I guess. If you have a well enough paid job that you enjoy with nice colleagues, that's a good thing, even though other shows would pay more.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Last year's TV Guide said that Peter received $165.000 per ep
Old 09-19-2013, 01:32 AM
Extreme Fan

A very short but cute preview of Lauren in Sesame Street (at 0'54):

Old 09-19-2013, 01:41 AM
Master Fan

too cute!!! (and too short.lol)

Old 09-19-2013, 03:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Adorable. Can't wait.