Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for all the news & pics.

I've noticed that at Lauren's film premiere's Alexis or Scott are never there? We saw Lauren with alexis at the Tuck Everlasting premiere but I don't think I've ever seen her at one of Lauren's?

LUKE: Want some coffee?
LORELAI: Oh, say that again slower and with your pants off.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

I love the head rubbing comment!

I don't see them going out to each other's things often. Lauren, Jared, Melissa, and Milo went to the TE premiere I think because it was Alexis' first starring movie role. She needed the support, and I'm sure they were all happy to give it. The only other time I've seen one of them attend the other's premiere was Alexis at Ed Herrman's The Cat's Meow

USA Today review mentions Lauren

Quote:
'The Pacifier' is Diesel domesticated
By Mike Clark, USA TODAY
First, there was Dirty Dancing. Now there's Vin Diesel's latest, Dirty Diapers— or, if you prefer, Full Metal Nanny.

Whatever you want to call it, Disney's The Pacifier is low on Diesel fuel, though probably amusing enough if you're part of the intended demographic, which appears to be the age group that likes to stick fingers up noses. Harmless as it is, this is no pacifier for anyone much older.

If you didn't know this was a kids' movie, the perfunctory opening action sequence might throw you off. Diesel is introduced as a tough Navy S.E.A.L. we see blowing a helicopter out of the sky. Diesel takes a bullet, and the government scientist he's trying to rescue is killed.

A clashing segue takes us to suburban Washington, D.C., where our quickly recovered hero is ordered to care for the victim's five kids while their mother (Faith Ford) goes overseas for reasons having to do with a top-secret "program" Dad invented. Included are a baby (hence the onslaught of diaper jokes) and adolescents of both sexes. The daughter (Brittany Snow — great name) probably could be a different kind of trouble in a different kind of movie, but here, she is standard-issue pouty, the kind who says "That is so gross" and who is desperate to get to the mall for the sale on halter tops.

The children are rebels, but Diesel knocks them into shape — that is, when he's not wrecking the home's top floor battling martial-arts villains who have invaded and subduing the school's bully of a vice principal. This comes easier to him than the domestic stuff, which leads to one line of Diesel dialogue that kind of sums up the movie: "I don't do cookies."

Gilmore Girls' inherently likable Lauren Graham, who managed to be sweet in even Bad Santa, plays a high school principal who is too good to be true. Give credit as well to the middle child (Morgan York), who could be a newspaper columnist in the making. With dicey but penetrating concern, she looks Diesel in the eye and asks, "Why are your boobs so big?"
Quote:
Who'd have ever thought? Action star Vin Diesel makes a pretty funny Mr. Mom

01:00 AM EST on Friday, March 4, 2005

BY MICHAEL JANUSONIS
Journal Arts Writer

Vin Diesel, the action star of The Fast and the Furious and XXX, might be the last actor you'd expect to find playing a Mr. Mom-type character in a PG-rated Disney film.

But there Diesel is in The Pacifier, whose title sounds like he should be carrying an Uzi but is instead armed to the teeth with baby bottles and disposable diapers. Well, actually Diesel's Lt. Shane Wolfe does carry some heavy artillery, but the thrust of The Pacifier is about him giving the kids in his care respect and responsibility and them giving him a loving heart.

The Pacifier was directed by Adam Shankman, whose previous film was the Steve Martin-Queen Latifah high-voltage comedy Bringing Down the House, and who again has a more or less by-the-numbers script. But Shankman makes it a funny ride, with a little action thrown in and some surprisingly touching moments to boot. Who'd have thought?

Actually, The Pacifier opens with some rollicking action that includes underwater maneuvers, an exploding boat and roaring jet skis. It looks like something out of James Bond. After that, however, are Diesel's action-movie fans ever in for a shock.

Wolfe is assigned as a high-tech bodyguard to five children, who range in age from infancy to teenagehood. Their late father had developed a top-secret missile surveillance gizmo and the North Koreans want it. They believe it has been hidden somewhere in the house, which is why Wolfe moves in when the kids' mother is sent to Switzerland to find a key to the gizmo that's locked in a bank vault.

Things back home progress pretty fast when the live-in nanny, played at high tilt and with an East European accent by a very funny Carol Kane, quits and Wolfe must play nursemaid to the unruly kids and their control-freak duck who thinks he's an attack dog. Kane's Helga just couldn't take falling down the stairs one more time, events which are seen in several slapstick moments that are laugh-out-loud funny.

Soon the house has been rigged with an array of sophisticated protection devices and Wolfe has tried to turn the kids' suburban Maryland home into a boot camp. They're awakened loudly at 6 a.m. If they don't get up, Wolfe will toss over their mattresses.

He attaches tracking-device bracelets to all of them and when one gets flushed, he heads for the sewer in hot pursuit. Like most movies involving babies, there's a lot of fodder to be found in smelly diapers and baby messes.

But every now and again we're reminded that the threat to the kids is real when hooded Ninjas break in and terrorize them. This results in some Home Alone moments for the kids.

On the other hand, the rigid Wolfe begins melting under the influence of a real family. Soon he's singing and dancing the Panda Dance for the baby, consoling the eldest daughter (Brittany Snow of TV's American Dreams) on the difficult stage of life between teenager and adult, and encouraging the oldest boy (Max Thieriot) in his dream of starring in a school production of The Sound of Music. Even the 7-year-old daughter (Morgan York), who has a crush on Wolfe, and her little scout troop friends get a crash course in self defense.

Along the way there are several run-ins with the school's insensitive tough-guy wrestling coach and vice principal (Brad Garrett) and a happier meeting with the understanding principal (Lauren Graham) who realizes what Wolfe is up against.

Ninjas. Rodgers and Hammerstein tunes. Changing diapers. Diesel clearly is trying a new path.

***1/2
Quote:
THE PACIFIER

Starring Vin Diesel, Lauren Graham. Written by Thomas Lennon and Ben Garant. Directed by Adam Shankman. (PG) 91 min. Opens Mar 4.

In the storied legacy of Kindergarten Cop knock-offs, The Pacifier ranks somewhere below Major Payne and above Mr. Nanny. That you’ve probably forgotten both of those films speaks to the likely shelf life of this latest riff on the concept.

The Pacifier is basically an excuse to pair a chiselled lunkhead (Vin Diesel, natch) with a coterie of adorable moppets, the idea being that there’s nothing funnier than seeing an action movie star wrestle with the problem of poopy diapers.

Actually, the image of Vin Diesel wrist-deep in **** speaks volumes about his present career prospects. In XXX, he got to kill countless Russian bad guys with heavy artillery and tongue-wrestle with a mostly-naked Asia Argento; in The Pacifier, he’s reduced to literally wrestling a half-naked Brad Garrett and getting a demure peck on the cheek from a fully clothed Lauren Graham. Talk about your downward trends — at this rate, he’ll drive his next star vehicle coyly sipping tea with Bea Arthur.

Which would still probably be more entertaining than this pained display. Diesel is Shane Wolfe, a supposedly top-flight Navy SEAL who bungles an important rescue operation, resulting in the death of a brilliant government scientist working on a top-secret project. Instead of being court-martialed, he’s assigned as a bodyguard to said scientist’s five kids, who range in age from flatulent baby to Dakota Fanning-esque cutie pie to sullen high school dude to post-pubescent hottie for the tweener boys in the audience to ogle. (There’s one more whom I honestly forget.) Despite their varied demographic appeal, they’re all uniformly oblivious to the fact that their gruff new babysitter the guy who got their Daddy shot, but since the movie also seems to forget this fact, we’ll let it slide.

Shane loves discipline. The kids don’t. The kids attempt various adorable sabotages of their new protector’s authority. He eventually wins his charges over by tempering his authoritarian demeanor with unexpected displays of empathy. The story unfolds in a series of montages set to pop music. There’s absolutely nothing to say about any of this, except that it’s uninspired and predictable and so sloppily done as to actually arouse anger. ADAM NAYMAN
Quote:
Fiimjerk

After failing to protect a top government agent from terrorists, Navy Seal Shane Wolfe (Vin Diesel) is assigned to defend his family, the Plummers (including Faith Ford, Brittany Snow, and Max Theroit). When the mother is sent away on business, Shane is left alone to guard the homestead while confronting rebellious teenagers, dealing with the family duck (don’t ask), helping the kids at school (staffed by Brad Garrett, “Everybody Loves Raymond,” and the always welcome Lauren Graham, “Gilmore Girls”), and fending off the occasional ninja that decides to break into the house. As Shane spends more time with the family, he begins to assume a father role, which is tested when the terrorists try to strike again, looking for a top-secret object Shane himself cannot seem to find.
Quote:
The movie is so shoddily edited, the kids seem to disappear at times and then magically return. In a scene in which Shane meets the sympathetic principal (Lauren Graham), the baby he's carrying suddenly goes missing. In the next scene, Shane's carrying not one but two kids, apparently after rescuing them from the phantom zone.
Quote:
Zap2it

That's no mean achievement. Master commercial moviemaker Howard Hawks used to define bad movies as ones that annoyed you, and this one is pretty annoying. It's formulaically written, and blandly directed and acted by a troupe of talented performers -- including Brad Garrett, Carol Kane and perky Lauren Graham -- all operating at half-speed.

This stoic loner, a pussycat at last, also begins to find what may be true love, or at least a movie crush, on comely school principal Claire Fletcher (Graham)
Old 03-03-2005, 10:05 PM
Master Fan

wow!!! that's a lot of research Alexis!! thanks for bringing them over!! i love that she's getting all kinds of recognition!!
Old 03-04-2005, 04:53 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for all the reviews alexis ..cant wait till the movie starts in Germany .. I´m pretty excited about the reviews here

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-04-2005, 05:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Vin doesn't do cuddly
JIM SLOTEK, SUN MEDIA

There are moments in The Pacifier - the formulaic kidflick that pairs up rock-abbed Vin Diesel with a bunch of bratty children - where I started to think it might be a Hollywood movie within a Hollywood movie. It's as if at some particularly lugubrious moment, you expected to hear the director exasperatedly yell "Cut!" and one of the precocious child actors to say"I'm sorry, but I just can't work with this man," and stomp off on her little feet.

The fact that Diesel tends to deliver his lines as if they were read off a blackboard in an ESL class is not an impediment in his normal line of work. He was never asked in XXX or The Chronicles of Riddick to comfort a teenaged girl and compassionately coerce her to stop holding back tears over the death of her father. This he does in The Pacifier with all the nuance of someone hugging you with the Canadarm.

But if you're a lifelike action figure in Hollywood, it's inevitable that you be paired with children to soften your image, a la Hulk Hogan in Mr. Nanny or, more successfully, Arnold in Kindergarten Cop ( "It's not a too-mah!").

The pieces are all there - the inevitable baby fluids, the hilarious pratfall down the stairs, various comeuppances, and the kids playing their part in taking down the bad guys, laid out in such a rote manner that to call it by-the-numbers would be an insult to numbers.

At the screening I attended, my chortlemeter didn't exactly go into the red zone with kid-laughter - although a few moms found big, tough Vin's squeamishness over poopy diapers screamingly funny, no matter how many times they went to the well with it.

In The Pacifier, Diesel is a Navy SEAL who botches a rescue in the opening scene, leaving a scientist (Tate Donovan) dead. To redeem himself, he's assigned to babysit the scientist's family and protect them from North Korean ninjas (don't ask) while mom (Faith Ford) goes to Switzerland with Vin's superior officer (Chris Potter) to help retrieve her husband's top-secret software from a Swiss bank.

So the kids ... let's see, there's a sort of vaguely rebellious teen sister (Brittany Snow), a brooding teenage boy who wants to be an actor (Max Theiriot), a precocious little girl (Morgan York), a toddler with chronically soiled diapers and a baby with chronically soiled diapers.

Things I liked about this movie: Gilmore Girls' Lauren Graham is the love interest (growrr). Brad Garrett from Everybody Loves Raymond gets beat up. It's also cute when the little Brownie-girls learn martial arts and beat up the mean Cub-boys.

'Pacifier' is for suckers
NY Daily News

THE PACIFIER. With Vin Diesel, Brad Garrett, Lauren Graham. (1:31) Directed by Adam Shankman. PG: Action violence, language, crude humor, children in peril.
With "The Pacifier," Vin Diesel joins Arnold Schwarzenegger and Tommy Lee Jones as the latest Hollywood military stiff roped into baby-sitting a brood that eventually turns him to jelly.

"The Pacifier" is an abysmal comedy that should have been strangled in its crib.

It opens with some nonsense about Serbian rebels, but pay no mind — that's just to maneuver Navy SEAL Shane Wolf (Diesel) into the house of a kidnap victim he failed to protect. The dead government scientist left behind a wife — who seems none the worse for the marital loss — plus five difficult children and a pet duck.

Now we pause for a round of knee-slapping yuks, should you be so inclined.

Anyway, back to the story. The dead guy has left behind … um … something important. We're not sure what, perhaps a gadget that will save the world from movies like this. Whatever it is, it's probably in the house, because black-clad ninjas are forever crashing through windows to get at it.

Shane's job is to protect the squabbling Plummer brats from harm, and also to get them to school on time and put them to bed.

"It's my way, no highway option!" barks Shane, which sounds suspiciously as if the screenwriters' cliché-generator went on the fritz.

If dirty-diaper jokes are your bread and butter, get ready to chow down. The movie's second favorite topic of humor is much lewd discussion of Diesel's impressive build.

"Why are your boobs so big?" asks the middle child, a girl with an irrepressible crush on her bodyguard. "Do you need to wear a bra?"

The doofy high school wrestling coach (Brad Garrett) is similarly obsessed with Diesel's chest and musculature, ogling him, taunting him, challenging him to wrestling matches.

Perhaps Diesel is being a good sport to make himself the butt of pec jokes. Or perhaps he should rethink his career choices, especially after performing an excruciating Numa Numa dance to get the toddler to sleep.

Lauren Graham checks in as a high school principal who wears low-cut party dresses to work. When she's around, Shane looks like he got some pointers on drooling from the youngest Plummer child.

Even if the jokes had gone over, putting children in constant physical and emotional danger for the purpose of arousing audience sympathy is a cheap and nasty trick.

Yes, it's Vin's way, no highway option — but there's always the early-exit option.

Action hero can’t rescue ‘Pacifier’ from jeopardy At the movies
By Roger Ebert
Universal Press Syndicate
Posted on Fri, Mar. 04, 2005
“The Pacifier” **

In “The Pacifier,” Vin Diesel follows in the footsteps of those Arnold Schwarzenegger comedies where the muscular hero becomes a girly-man. Diesel doesn’t go to the lengths of “Junior,” where Arnold was actually pregnant, but he does become a baby sitter, going where no Navy SEAL has gone before.

Diesel plays Shane Wolfe, hard-edged commando (“We are SEALs – and this is what we do”). In the pre-title sequence, he and three other scuba-diving SEALs shoot down a helicopter, wipe out four gunmen on jet skis, bomb a boat and rescue Plummer, an American scientist kidnapped by Serbians. They want “Ghost,” the scientist’s foolproof encryption key. That the scientist uses the names of his children as the password for his locked briefcase suggests that the Serbians could have saved themselves a lot of trouble by just finding the geek who hacked Paris Hilton’s cell phone and aiming him at Plummer’s hard drive.

Soon Wolfe has a new assignment, which is to baby-sit and protect Plummer’s five children while his wife and a Navy intelligence officer go to Geneva to open his safety deposit box. They’re supposed to be gone only a couple of days, but one week follows another as they unsuccessfully try to, yes, guess the password.

That leaves Wolfe in charge of an unhappy teenage boy, a boyfriend-crazy teenage girl and three noisy moppets. This premise is promising, but somehow the movie never really takes off. We know that Diesel will begin as gravel-voiced and growly, and that he’ll soften up and get to love the kids. We know that in two weeks all of the kids’ personal problems will be solved, their behavior will improve and they’ll start cleaning up around the house.

All very nice, sometimes we smile, but nothing compelling. The director is Adam Shankman, whose previous film, “Bringing Down the House,” starred Queen Latifah and Steve Martin. Shankman begins with situations that should work, but he doesn’t quite boost them over the top into laugh-out-loud. Maybe he’s counting too much on the casting. Casting is funny only when the cast is given something funny to do, a truth that should be engraved above the portals of every film school.

It's time to look at love from both sides now.-LUKE & LORELAI

Last edited by onetruething123; 03-04-2005 at 06:05 AM
Old 03-04-2005, 06:07 AM
Master Fan

Double

Quote:
The Calgary Herald (Alberta)

Like Captain Von Trapp, he blows his whistle and sets a new routine centred on blind obedience. "We do things my way. There is no highway option," says Wolf, on more than one occasion, affirming the efficacy of fascist rule.

Even the "Maria" in this movie, the high school principal played by Lauren Graham, is a former Navy officer who throws a karate chop at just the right moment with the words: "I can't let you have all the fun!"
Quote:
The San Francisco Chronicle

Lauren Graham appears as the high school's principal, who is kind, gorgeous, and a Navy veteran. Picture Diesel and Graham together. They have just as much chemistry as you might expect.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

A Vin Diesel-fueled laugh riot
By Peter Howell, Movie Critic
Toronto Star, March 4/05
2.5/4

Who knew Mr. Vicious could be comedy pro? Movie much better than formula plot wuld suggest

An unwritten Hollywood law requires movie tough guys to humiliate themselves on occasion so as to prove themselves worthy of our devotion.

Schwarzenegger did it with Kindergarten Cop and Jingle All the Way. Stallone did it with Rhinestone and Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot.

Now Vin Diesel straps on the clown shoes for The Pacifier , a made-in-Toronto Walt Disney movie about a U.S. Navy SEAL who becomes Mary Poppins.

Some might say the combustible Diesel accepted the gig as a desperation move, since he hasn't had a bonafide hit since XXX three years ago.

Even longer is the time since his Saving Private Ryan character suggested he was capable of real acting, apart from just flexing the muscles in his forehead.

The Pacifier, directed by the unremarkable Adam Shankman (Bringing Down The House is a textbook example of what's known as "high concept" movie, in which a single absurd idea is pursued for comic intent.

What if, somebody asked, we get Vin Diesel playing a crack Navy SEAL who is dry-docked to bodyguard five precocious children, who prove to be even harder to handle than the thugs, terrorists and spies he normally grapples with? He's not The Terminator ; he's The Pacifier - you get it?

Yes, loud and clear, but here's the amazing thing. He's actually funny.

Whatever possessed Diesel to make a fool of himself should keep right on possessing him. He's funnier here than he was in The Chronicles of Riddick, and that one wasn't even billed as a comedy.

As straight-arrow SEAL Shane Wolfe he willingly licks the boot heel of shame, submitting himself for such embarrassments as riding a kid's bicycle (a pink one at that) to chase a suspected perp, wading through gallons of excrement and hoofing it to something called "The Peter Panda Dance." The latter tune, incidentally, not only helps an adorable child get to sleep, it also advances the plot.

And a fairly impressive plot is, allowing for the fact that it rarely misses an opportunity to let the poo or vomit fly, as befits a house crowded with children ranging from tots to teens.

They're the Plummer children: snarky Zoe (Brittany Snow), who is about 16; sullen Seth (Max Thieriot), 14, perky Lulu (Morgan York), 8; toddler Peter (twins Keegan and Logan Hoover); and baby Tyler (twins Bo and Luke Vink).

They've been left permanently fatherless as the result of evildoings that threaten U.S. security (can you believe there's an Axis of Evil angle here?) and temporarily motherless as a result of script necessities.

The lives of the Plummer children are in jeopardy, and as is a top-secret computer program called GHOST, and Wolfe is conscripted as both bodyguard and spy - and later nanny when the kids' regular minder Helga (a game Carol Kane) decides she's had enough.

The situation is fraught with formula yuks, but Diesel and screenwriters Thomas Lennon and Ben Grant make it work by making Wolfe so completely nerdish. Diesel never once yields to the temptation to wink at the camera as he storms through the house, assigning code names to the children, giving the roll-call at 6 a.m. ("You're burning daylight!") and generally acting as if he's running a boot camp rather than a family home ("There is no highway option!").

"Is there anbybody there who understands the meaning of the word 'discipline'?" he thunders.

No, and that's precisely the point. But the kids are amusing rather than precious, the aciton fights are clever rather than violent and there is some decent adult support in the laughs department. Mainly from Brad Garrett (TV's Everybody Loves Raymond ) as a high school vice-principal with an even bigger authority complex than Wolfe's and from Scott Thompson (Kids In The Hall ) as a community play director who is a bigger diva than Julie Andrews.

Few will be surprised at where all this goes, especially when Lauren Graham shows up as the essential love interest and a staging of The Sound of Music begins to resemble the plot.

But many might be surprised at the comic range demonstrated by Vin Diesel, who has previously exhibited just two emotions: peeved and violently peeved.

No wonder Disney is now using cute little star to dot the "i" of his first name.

Vin was on Regis and Kelly Live yesterday. Vin mentioned his co-stars including LG and raved about working with them. Before Vin came on, Kelly told Regis she saw The Pacifier the night before with all her three kids and Faith Ford. She says she loved the movie and her kids enjoyed it as well. She proudly beamed her kids were so well behaved the entire time, especially the youngest who's 2 and who normally has a short attention span. She also said she shed some tears during the scene where Vin was trying to put one of the kids to sleep and who said "good night daddy" to him. Now I'm on my way to see The Pacifier myself. And maybe I'll see it over and over and over only because of Lauren and to relive my sort of connection to the movie having been on set in Toronto.
Ellevee: Yeah...Well, thank you so much Lauren. You don't know how much this means to me.
Lauren: (Smiles and nods) Bye Ellevee. Take care. Ellevee: Bye Lauren
Avi by Ele
Old 03-04-2005, 08:43 AM
Master Fan

picture

Hmm. I don't know if this was brought over here or not already, but I thought it was cool..

Nothing like Lauren kickin some major butt!

I think it's so cute!

Last edited by Mots15; 03-04-2005 at 08:50 AM
Old 03-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Kindergarten flop
There's a lot of soiled diapers in The Pacifier, and that says it all

by: Jim Slotek
Toronto Sun
1 1/2 (of 5)

PLOT: After a scientist in his care is killed by terrorists in an operation-gone-wrong, a Navy SEAL is assigned to play bodyguard to the scientist's children. Hilarity ensues.

THERE ARE moments in The Pacifier - the formulaic kidflick that pairs up rock-abbed Vin Diesel with a bunch of bratty children - where I started to think it might be a Hollywood movie within a Hollywood movie.

It's as if at some particularly lugubrious moment you expected to hear the director exasperatedly yell "Cut!" and one of the precocious child actors to say "I"m sorry, I just can't work with this man," and stomp off on her little feet.

The fact that Diesel tends to deliver his lines as if they were read off a blackboard in an ESL class is not an impediment in his normal line of work. He was never asked in XXX or The Chronicles of Riddick to comfort a teenaged girl and compassionately coerce her to stop holding back tears over the death of her father. This he does in The Pacifier with all the nuance of someone hugging you with the Canadarm.

But if you're a lifelike action figure in Hollywood, it's inevitable that you be paired with children to soften your image, a la Hulk Hogan in Mr. Nanny, or more successfully, Arnold in Kindergarten Cop ("It's not a too-mah").

The pieces are all there, the inevitable baby fluids, the hilarious pratfall down the stairs, various comeuppances, and the kids playing thier part in taking down the bad guys, laid out in such a rote manner that to call it by-the-numbers would be an insult to numbers. At the screening I attended, my Chortle-Meter didn't exactly go into the red zone with kid-laughter - although a few moms found big tough Vin's sqeamishness over poopy diapers screamingly funny, no matter how many times they went to the well with it.

In The Pacifer, Diesel is a Navy SEAL who botches a rescue in the opening scene, leaving a scientist (Tate Donovan) dead. To redeem himself, he's assigned to babysit the scientist's family and protect them from North Korean ninjas (don't ask) while mom (Faith Ford) goes to Switzerland with Vin's superior officer (Chris Potter) to help retrieve her husband's top-secret software form a Swiss bank.

So the kids...let's see, there's a sort of vaguely rebellious teen sister (Brittany Snow), a brooding teenage boy who wants to be an actor (Max Thieriot), a precocius little girl (Morgan York), a toddler with chronically soiled diapers and a baby with chronically soiled diapers.

Things I liked about this movie: Gilmore Girls' Lauren Graham is the love interest (growrr). Brad Garrett from Everybody Loves Raymond gets beat up. It's also cute when the little Brownie-girls learn martial arts and beat up the mean Cub-boys.

Call it a half-star each.

BOTTOM LINE: LIke other action figures before him, non-actor Vin Diesel seeks to soften his image by working with kids and poopoo jokes. Better than Hulk Hogan in Mr. Nanny but doesn't hold a candle to Arnold in Kindergarten Cop.
Ellevee: Yeah...Well, thank you so much Lauren. You don't know how much this means to me.
Lauren: (Smiles and nods) Bye Ellevee. Take care. Ellevee: Bye Lauren
Avi by Ele
Old 03-04-2005, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

I figured that it would be a mixed review. I think my friend handed in a mixed review too. She doesn't allow me to influence what she writes. But a critic's view is really, their own views.

However, my friend is a Lauren Graham fan.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 03-04-2005, 12:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

If the movie has Lauren in it it can't be bad I don't care what they say I am going to see it tommarow and I will defently type a honest review for you guys. I am also going to get it on DVD when it comes out.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

well I agree at some part .. but remember townies .. lauren was in it but the show wasnt that great .. like everyone tells .. But I liked it because of Lauren and I will like this movie too because of lauren .. shes worth watching it.. definitely.. i dont have to look at vin or at the story .. the moment lauren shows up.. and smiles .. I´ll be good and enjoy watching her

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

I saw the movie this afternoon. I applaud the writers of this movie for actually geting their script sold. Man, are those people suckers. Pretty much every joke fell flat with the audience I saw it with.

Brad Garret needs to be permanently pacified by Vin Diesel. Geez was he annoying and WAY over the top. Also, the Nanny character was not funny in the least and almost if not more over the top than Brad's character. Those two characters were just not funny at all. At all.

Vin should stick to action movies because his action sequences were executed very well.

The kids in the movie were adorable. Brittany Snow had an emotional crying seen which would have played out better if this movie weren't a cheesy comedy. I think she did the best she could with the material she was given.

Lauren made herself a very believable (Ex?) Navy Seal Principal. There was a quick head shot of her dressed in uniform. I liked her approach to being a fair but firm principal. Her sceens would have been much more enjoyable if Brad Garret were not in the picture.

Lauren's stunt towards the end was really quick. The direction of it was off.

I would really like someone (who is a talented screen writer) to write a sequel to this movie with Lauren as the Pricipal and Vin as the Vice Principal of the school. I think that would be a far more interesting story to tell. They did have a lot of chemistry together but that isn't suprising because Lauren has chemistry with almost everyone.

All in all, this movie had potential to be great, but the writers of it should just well, look for another day job. Cause writing is not thier fortay. They had all these great actors and thier talent was just wasted. It's a cryin shame I tell ya.

Anyway, it is watchable but completely predictable. I only saw it because of Lauren. And I will buy the DVD because of Lauren but only so I can have easy access to just her sceens.

It's time to look at love from both sides now.-LUKE & LORELAI
Old 03-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Extreme Fan

i have to say that i agree with everything you said...that was honest to God one of the worst movies i have ever seen..and i went to the midnight showing of "batman and robin"! it was just bad. Dont get me wrong..i love lauren she was great, her and brad garrett were the only good things in the movie. Britney snow was good too.

Quote:
Anyway, it is watchable but completely predictable. I only saw it because of Lauren. And I will buy the DVD because of Lauren but only so I can have easy access to just her sceens.
EXACTLY!!!!

vin need to go back to bouncing.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Addicted Fan

yep. I'm only seeing it for her.

https://twitter.com/#!/AESutton09
http://missamanda09.tumblr.com/