Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-31-2006, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Lauren
i love this movie, even if it is only 15 minutes long. plus the blonde hair is priceless
I'll have to watch that again, blonde, didn't see that before or are you taking about the wig?

I'm wait till LG can do a movie and do something different with her hair, not that her hair it's great but it would be nice for a change.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

She does look cute with the blonde wig
"The scene where I first straddle Santa, I did for my audition. So it was basically me in front of a room rull of executives, humping a chair. I did love Billy Bob though, even more than the chair." - LG

"I'm naked, he's naked, we're naked together.." - LG

- Kate
Old 06-29-2006, 07:40 AM
Master Fan

Gnome is screening as part of the Los Angeles Film Festival - one more screening this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if Lauren attended The Lather Effect screening this week since she's friends with half the cast (there's one or two shots at the premiere that could be her, check wireimage)

Twitter: nlm78
Old 06-29-2006, 07:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanx Nadine
i´m gonna check this out on wireimages.com

Tamy
Old 06-29-2006, 08:19 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the info Nadine
Old 06-29-2006, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the info. it's really good movie, and lauren looks so cute, with blonde hair too.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for the info. The movie is really good and its good to read soemthing like that

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 06-30-2006, 05:01 AM
Ultimate Fan

thanks for the info Nadine
Old 07-04-2006, 10:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

I just watched "Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain" (Amélie) and in that movie happens the same thing with the gnome and the pictures! HAHA. I regret I didn't watch this movie before, it's really really good.

So, was GNOME inspired on Amélie?

Vote Evangeline Lilly
Old 07-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

Diana - that` s what I thought when I saw Gnome for first time. Ihad seen Amelia (I absolutely love this movie) before I saw Gnome and I asked the same question as you but nobody reacted so I thought no one has seen Amelia on this board

Old 07-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the heads up Nadine

I checked wire image and which ones could be heer cuz i couldn't really tell/?/?
Bunny #219 <3
at least you're a dedicated bitch... says the dedicated ****.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke
Diana - that` s what I thought when I saw Gnome for first time. Ihad seen Amelia (I absolutely love this movie) before I saw Gnome and I asked the same question as you but nobody reacted so I thought no one has seen Amelia on this board
Uhm... as anyone seems to know, I asked on IMDb if I get any answers I'll let you know ...and for the record, EVERYONE should see AMELIE!

Vote Evangeline Lilly
Old 07-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

wow.. I havent seen this movie yet but its funny that the same thing happens .. maybe it really was an inspiration

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 07-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lauren
wow.. I havent seen this movie yet but its funny that the same thing happens .. maybe it really was an inspiration
Gnome (and a few other shorts) were part of a contest for Glamour magazine.

The contest was for readers to submit a short story/essay on an event in their lives that made them feel empowered...(that sort of gives an inspirational message for women, considering it is a women's magazine).
The top stories would be 'turned into' shorts... which would later be distributed to subscribers of the magazine via DVD (by mail) and, it seems, be publically viewed in film festivals as well. They were called the Glamour Magazine "REEL Moments"

So Gnome was actually inspired by a true story...for one woman, actually.

Unfortunately, the glamour website has turned French and seemingly has no memory of the whole thing...even though we were able to access all the news like, in November 2005. The Glamour website had a section devoted to the REEL moments and a short blurb about each of the Glamour readers whose short stories were chosen for the REEL Moments.

Funny actually, the person whose story inspired the short (they altered things, she said) signed up for IMDB.com and actually answered a question or two in the forum. It sounded like, from her short biography (as stated in the Glamour website) she wasn't exactly as Mrs. Housewife as Gnome made the character "Amanda"

But I can't find the thread and I don't remember her username. But I swear, it happened. She said that they did change her story around a bit, but she tolerated it b/c she knew it had to be entertaining/interesting and it had to sell. Also, she said she unfortunately never got to meet LG. LG wasn't there when the short premiered in public for the first time.

IMDB seemed to have deleted the old thread. This sucks.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

The info you're after is linked in the first post. Or you can go here and the writer of the essay talks about how they changed the story from what it originally was to how it was portrayed onscreen.

Twitter: nlm78