Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This weeks Sunday Mail here in Qld Australia has a write up about Steve, it doesn't include much about the movie but it does say it opens Sept 6 not Sept 20 as most or reporting. Oh and nothing about Lauren or any of the cast apart from a picture of Him and Morgan Freeman sitting on the ark, which we have all seen before. There are 2 main pic's of Steve, one on the cover of the "event" lift out of him with a cherry in his mouth and a "centre fold" with Steve lying on a couch in a strait jacket.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the pics and the article
Old 08-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

there was quite a big article about EA in our biggest newspaper today. The premiere is this thursday.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would have scanned the think in the Sunday Mail but first it's a double page so 4 times bigger than my scanner, second it was mainly about Steve and not the movie. 3rd I'm still running on a slower CPU so I doubt I would handle a full page scan. Maybe I should have just taken a picture of the page?
Old 08-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

...not directly related to the movie but still nice imo...
I found the EA game while surfing around, here it is: Evan Almighty - Miniclip Games - Play Free Games
Sorry if it's already been posted, I've been away for a while.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 08-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Cool, thanks! im gonna give it a try
Agie
Old 08-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Is the movie still set for Sept 20 here in Australia?
Depends where you live. I think because of each state having different school holidays it might be getting a segmented release after all. It's definitely opening here in NSW September 20 (even though we have September 7 off for APEC) our school holidays are the following week. Plus Ratatoullie opens on September 6 here. There are like 10 children flicks opening in the space of a month.
Quote:
Steve lying on a couch in a strait jacket.
If it's the shot that I can remember it's from my favourite The Office episode of the season (Cocktails) where he has the straight jacket on.

Twitter: nlm78
Old 08-21-2007, 04:01 AM
Elite Fan

My mum came home from work today with some DVDs and guess what one of them was... Evan Almighty. I'm so happy although I'm can't to watch it until tomorrow since I have work and classes but at least I don't have to wait until Sept 20.

Also, our local BCC Cinemas are advertising EA was coming out Sept 6 now. I'm not sure if it's a special screening or not but it's on the front of the ad board out front, Says something like "Evan Almighty" - Sept 6 @ 11am $8. So I'm guessing something along the lines of an advanced screening.
Beautiful madness . . .
Old 08-21-2007, 04:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
lAlso, our local BCC Cinemas are advertising EA was coming out Sept 6 now. I'm not sure if it's a special screening or not but it's on the front of the ad board out front, Says something like "Evan Almighty" - Sept 6 @ 11am $8. So I'm guessing something along the lines of an advanced screening.
Yep that definitely goes in line with the school holidays screening for you guys - now if they had just made that damn screening to Australia the next day I'd be very happy but we have to wait another 12 days here before it comes out. Damn school holidays It's Ratatouille for me

Old 08-22-2007, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I finally saw the movie..

It was awesome.. Lauren was awesome.. Steve was awesome.. together they were awesome..
I just love the line "Is that a lama? with a hammer??"

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 08-22-2007, 03:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipcom (View Post)
Yep that definitely goes in line with the school holidays screening for you guys - now if they had just made that damn screening to Australia the next day I'd be very happy but we have to wait another 12 days here before it comes out. Damn school holidays It's Ratatouille for me
That is in Australia, I'm in NSW. They are showing an exclusive of Ratatouille and Evan Almighty for Father's Day. We went and asked today. EA won't official open until Sept. 20 and Ratatouille until the 13th.
Beautiful madness . . .
Old 08-22-2007, 03:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So different dates in different states, like it wasn't confusing enough already LOL

BTW - Steve face was again on Temptation's "fame game" on ch 9 in Australia, then means Steve and Morgan have both been on twice from what I've seen and I don't see it ever night, I wonder if Lauren or anyone else will be on for the movie?

mellbell86 I didn't know it was out on DVD yet
Old 08-22-2007, 03:47 AM
Elite Fan

I seen Steve's face on "Temptation" too. Would be so cool if they had Lauren

Nope, DVD not out yet but you know little connections, they work a charm
Beautiful madness . . .
Old 08-22-2007, 04:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That is in Australia, I'm in NSW. They are showing an exclusive of Ratatouille and Evan Almighty for Father's Day. We went and asked today. EA won't official open until Sept. 20 and Ratatouille until the 13th.
Whoops sorry you're in Newcastle right? So it might be for Newcastle, Wollongong only. Because our GU as of right now have only got the Ratatouille exclusive on Father's Day not EA too. And the website isn't bringing it up yet either.

So unless they change that in the next week then yours is a lucky cinema

The next day thing I was referring to the public holiday we've got here in Sydney on September 7 - the day after EA was going to be opening here in Australia before they gave it the segmented release dates.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Do they want anyone to see the movie or just confuse the public. I wonder if it will have an impact on total numbers in Australia?