Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-28-2008, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ele309 (View Post)
No. We're talking about As Good As It Gets with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt, Besser gehts nicht in German. Lauren's role in TdotR seems to be alot like Helen Hunt's character in AGAIG.
Yeah, I know... now^^

I got it after reading the posts now. Sorry

But thanks for explaining
Old 09-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ITA with everyone here, Loved ASAIG, Jack, Helen and Greg were all great.

Nadine I know you've probably been asked before but do you have a release date for the movie here in Australia?
Old 09-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Master Fan

No release date in Australia yet, since International Rights haven't been assigned/sold yet.

Twitter: nlm78
Old 09-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Nadine, since it's an indy film I'm not holding out hope it will come to many cinemas here, might be quicker to wait for the DVD on eBay.

BTW Aren't we still waiting on the official date for FoG as well, sometime early in 09?
Old 09-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thank you for all the latest, Nadine.
How many more Lauren scenes would you say there were beyond those we got in the sides?
From the sides I got the sense her character was the devoted mother you describe, but didn't really catch the weary with others part. I guess that when compared to the Arlen character, she's very outgoing and open and trusting of others ...
Does it end as in the sides or is there more?
I really hope this movie is as good as it sounds, lol. I was fully intrigued the minute I read the sides.

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 09-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjoni (View Post)
How many more Lauren scenes would you say there were beyond those we got in the sides?
If they keep them all in, there's quite a few more that aren't in the sides, especially when it comes to building up Arlen/Elizabeth's relationship. Speaking of their relationship, there's a cracker of a line in the middle a scene, which I can post (since it's not the whole script) which I hope stays in the script, because in the context of the scene it's quite amusing.

"I love it when I'm kissing someone and they leave me to protect a plastic toy."

Quote:
From the sides I got the sense her character was the devoted mother you describe, but didn't really catch the weary with others part. I guess that when compared to the Arlen character, she's very outgoing and open and trusting of others ...
I was referring to Elizabeth and Alex. She's weary of letting others help her out regarding him, she's very protective of Alex. Towards the end, Arlen calls her out on it.

Quote:
Does it end as in the sides or is there more?
I really hope this movie is as good as it sounds, lol. I was fully intrigued the minute I read the sides.
Same. After reading the original script, I can see why it made the The Black List. There's roughly two or three scenes after the last scene we got in the sides.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Master Fan

do you think it will be on Sundance? and If I remember correctly you are going there right?

Old 09-29-2008, 02:26 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine (View Post)
If they keep them all in, there's quite a few more that aren't in the sides, especially when it comes to building up Arlen/Elizabeth's relationship. Speaking of their relationship, there's a cracker of a line in the middle a scene, which I can post (since it's not the whole script) which I hope stays in the script, because in the context of the scene it's quite amusing.

"I love it when I'm kissing someone and they leave me to protect a plastic toy."

I was referring to Elizabeth and Alex. She's weary of letting others help her out regarding him, she's very protective of Alex. Towards the end, Arlen calls her out on it.

Same. After reading the original script, I can see why it made the The Black List. There's roughly two or three scenes after the last scene we got in the sides.
Okay, now I get the "weary of others" connection.
I'm glad there's more build up to the E/A relationship and I hope they do keep most, if not all scenes in.
And maybe you can post more script excerpts/snipets, lol.
About the ending, I hope we get to see E/A reconnecting after what there was in the sides.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
do you think it will be on Sundance? and If I remember correctly you are going there right?
Yep I'm going to Sundance, not sure if I'll be able to get any tickets to any of the movies. So I'm hoping to split my time between that and Slamdance which is held at the same time. No idea if the movie has been submitted to either festival yet.

Quote:
And maybe you can post more script excerpts/snipets, lol.
If I get permission to post the script, which most likely will come later (kind of like when BoA script ended up on the net just before the movie premiered at Sundance), I'll do so. Regarding summaries, etc, I'll most likely set up a Q&A section on my site when I relaunch it later in the week.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

and very deep question, how many kisses is there between Arlen and Elizabeth?

Old 09-29-2008, 02:46 AM
Ultimate Fan

Katka, how many deep kisses or just kisses? *wink*
Nice to hear you might get permission to share the full script, and would be willing to do so, Nadine.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:52 AM
Master Fan

If I can get the site being cooperative, I'll put the Q&A page up first to help ease the pain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
and very deep question, how many kisses is there between Arlen and Elizabeth?
Quote:
A few.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

So no naked Lauren on the bed, aka Helen in AGAIG
Old 09-29-2008, 03:24 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine (View Post)
If I can get the site being cooperative, I'll put the Q&A page up first to help ease the pain.
Yes, that would definitely qualify as a good analgesic, lol.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
So no naked Lauren on the bed, aka Helen in AGAIG
You might be disappointed.

From what there is in the script, it could very well go under a PG (or the equivalent) rating. Though some of the issues at hand might push it up to R. It sure as hell won't be for language, since there isn't that much profanity in it at all.