Fan Forum Star

I had a feeling
Old 09-19-2006, 03:48 AM
Master Fan

so that was a good feeling

E&BA&PM&LR&MW&E
Old 09-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I decided to post quotes on each of the movies Hayden talks about in the recent Vman interview in respective threads so we discuss them better.

Quote:
MM Your Next film, Angels and Virgins, is based on The Decameron and has been described as a comedy set in the time of the Black Plague.

HC It will be unlike most films that are out there right now. It’s definitely not a history lesson. I play this sort of wayfarer type named Lorenzo, who is constantly seeking adventure and getting himself into trouble. Throughout the movie he’s trying to evade Tim Roth’s character. I spend most of the film on the run, finding love and all that good stuff.

MM How is this character different from others you’ve played?

HC I don’t talk a lot, actually. There’s a large portion of the film where I’m pretending to be deaf and dumb, trying to seek refuge in a convent. I end up enjoying myself with the sisters. It’s a straightforward comedy, and I’ve never done that before. It was an opportunity to say I did a comedy, but “did” is the operative word. I would do a black comedy in the future but I’m really not a comedic actor. That’s a whole skill into itself and I don’t pretend to have it – at least not on-screen.

MM Pasolini’s original version of The Decameron was known for its explicit sex. Did you have to go there?

HC There’s a lot of nudity and sex in ours too, but it’s irreverent. Poking fun at it. There are sexually explicit scenes but you don’t see me naked. A breast every now and again, and then they cut away. Mischa Barton plays a girl I have a thing for and she ends up in the convent, and we get together. I had to kiss her but no love scenes. It was fine – you know.
Aww, there go the hopes of ever seeing him in a comedy. But on the other hand it's good to know your limits.

And we won't get to see him naked either... But he does enjoy himself with the sisters, whatever that means.

And poor baby is happy that he didn't have to do a love scene.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

He did say he'd do a black comedy though. I like those.

Quote:
But he does enjoy himself with the sisters, whatever that means.
What does that mean? So cryptic. What do we get to see then?

I'm glad I don't have to witness one with him and Mischa

and what's the deal with him being silent most of the film? Kind of reminds me of Johnnu Depp in Benny and Joon...
Old 09-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

Thought Id come over and mention that the film has been pushed back again - to March 09, 2007.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

No?! where did you hear that?
Old 09-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
BARTON WORRIED ABOUT GUILTY PLEASURES

Actress MISCHA BARTON fears her new movie GUILTY PLEASURES will flop in America, because it's too sexy. But Barton is pleased she agreed to take on the role in the 14th century film - based on the book THE DECAMERON: ANGELS AND VIRGINS by medieval writer GIOVANNI BOCCACCIO - because it challenged her acting ability more than any other project she's worked on. She says, "There's no nudity for me - although there is for others. "I don't know how it'll go down in some areas of America, which can tend to be quite conservative about sex scenes in films. "I just found it passionate and full of life. The challenges for me were more to do with acting out the different relationships - and the sheer agony of wearing some of those dresses. "It hurt even to move my arms, and the hair and make-up took about three hours each morning. "After THE OC it came as quite a culture shock."

Source
So there's not nudity for Mischa either. I wonder who gets naked then and haves all the sex they're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)

What does that mean? So cryptic. What do we get to see then?

I'm glad I don't have to witness one with him and Mischa

and what's the deal with him being silent most of the film? Kind of reminds me of Johnnu Depp in Benny and Joon...
It's very cryptic (the whole guy seems to be these days ), it's like they'te talking a lot but saying nothing. I don't know, maybe it's just a few nuns hanging around naked?

Now now, don't be mean. Although it did catch my eye that he said he had to kiss her.

Maybe he gets a chance to work those facial expressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_MC (View Post)
Thought Id come over and mention that the film has been pushed back again - to March 09, 2007.
NO, not again! Where did you hear that? Dammit, I think we can all agree on this film never coming out. This is a ****ing joke.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

I heard about it being pushed back. I think I saw that on the Mischa website.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Also according to hsx.com the new release date is March 3rd, 2007. Great.

ETA: And Box Office Mojo.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:26 AM
Master Fan

ugh.
then I guess you're very accurate on the title, Laura.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

how they can?!?!

E&BA&PM&LR&MW&E
Old 09-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
So there's not nudity for Mischa either. I wonder who gets naked then and haves all the sex they're talking about.

It's very cryptic (the whole guy seems to be these days ), it's like they'te talking a lot but saying nothing. I don't know, maybe it's just a few nuns hanging around naked?

Now now, don't be mean. Although it did catch my eye that he said he had to kiss her.

Maybe he gets a chance to work those facial expressions.

NO, not again! Where did you hear that? Dammit, I think we can all agree on this film never coming out. This is a ****ing joke.

It must be those other actors we don't know too well. Obviously the big names (Hayden and Mischa) kept it minimal. And she has a point. In America violence is a-ok but the first sign of a nipple has people gasping.

I wasn't mean he HAD to kiss her. Now I am think about those sexuality questions

I love that about Johnny in B&J. He doesn't have many lines but his face says it all. Like in silent films. Looking foraward to Hayden's performance
IF it ever comes out! Which I am beginning to think it won't!
Old 09-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by xO_tasha (View Post)
ugh.
then I guess you're very accurate on the title, Laura.
It was Steph's idea and I must say she was freakishly accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
It must be those other actors we don't know too well. Obviously the big names (Hayden and Mischa) kept it minimal. And she has a point. In America violence is a-ok but the first sign of a nipple has people gasping.

I wasn't mean he HAD to kiss her. Now I am think about those sexuality questions

I love that about Johnny in B&J. He doesn't have many lines but his face says it all. Like in silent films. Looking foraward to Hayden's performance
IF it ever comes out! Which I am beginning to think it won't!
You're probably right. I don't know, maybe it's a good thing career-wise for them to refrain from showing off too much skin? And yeah, that's true but so stupid and doesn't make sense. Why is sex worse than violence? Violence can kill people, sex creates life and is often about love. How is that a bad thing?

Not at all. I know, made me wonder too.

Wow, I haven't seen B&J but that sounds awesome. I'm sure Hayden can give an excellent performance too, can't wait to see it.
Indeed IF it ever comes out! Mind you, by now it's already been pushed back by 2 YEARS! How sick is that? I'm starting to lose hope...
Old 09-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know. Ewan always shows his off and it hasn't hurt his career.
I don't know about most people but I rather watch a love/sex scene that is done tastefully (eg The Notebook, Ghost) than a gory, violent, people getting killed scene.

2 years is insane!
i'm starting to think it will be direct to dvd.....
Old 10-20-2006, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, Ewan is much naughtier than Hayden.

Alright, I changed the title of this thread, it looks like it's sticking. I also updated the first post, the release date is now March 9th, 2007 and note this, status is completed! So maybe this movie is actually coming out in March, no more postponing release dates. And maybe it won't go direct to DVD.