Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2021, 08:54 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

It sucks that the weather can affect us that much, and not just with the temperatures.

That sounds like a much needed vacation! Hope you had a great time with your family.

Oh I can't say my sleep is balanced at all I actually don't like to sleep much, so as long as my body can handle it, I stay up quite late, and don't really get to sleep in even on weekends. Hope you're able to balance your sleep, I know how it usually affects the whole day when you don't.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 04-04-2021, 08:04 PM
Moderator Manager

Back at work today but still working from home as it's extended until the 16th now.

That's good for you. I need to use sleep apps to be able to sleep these days. If I sleep too early, I wake up early in the morning and will have a hard time sleeping again. So I need to sleep late so I'll wake up on time. Does that make sense?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-08-2021, 12:32 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Hope it's been a good week back at work! And that's good it's still from home for now.

Makes perfect sense because I've had those days for sure It's another reason why I don't like sleeping early, I feel like I spend the whole next day feeling tired and barely make it to 11 at night.

| ray
Old 04-08-2021, 07:47 PM
Moderator Manager

Finally it's the weekend! And I have no work today (local holiday) so long weekend for me. I still do have a deadline which I'm allowed to do at home.

It's weird right? Sometimes I sleep too much and I wake up too tired. I think for me 6 hours is enough sleep.

Happy weekend! I hope you'll be able to rest and relax.

Old 04-11-2021, 07:14 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Hope you're enjoying your long weekend! And that you made your deadline on time.

Very weird. We have a saying which translates to "sleep drags more sleep" and I totally get where it comes from, it really becomes a cycle once you sleep early one night. Same for those 6 hours being enough.

Thanks, it was a good weekend. Did some much needed grocery shopping yesterday, those random constant lockdowns are seriously the worst. It's literally one week where we're able to have a breather then a month lockdown

Last night and today, I got to relax a bit and just catch up on my shows. Buckling up for another full week of non-stop work starting tomorrow.

| ray
Old 04-11-2021, 07:55 PM
Moderator Manager

I guess it's more of sleeping enough but too much that you wake up tired or too little and you also wake up tired.

Yeah a month of lockdown is the worst. We had 3 months (last year). And now our government is backtracking and would not do that again because our economy is in recession. Meanwhile, our cases are spiking up. So yeah, good luck to us.

I'm glad you got some rest. Me too, another full week of work but it's my last week working from home so at least there's that.

Old 04-19-2021, 03:25 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Yeah makes sense.

Seems we're all in the same boat. It's been on and off with the lockdowns here, yes they are detrimental to or economy which was already suffering even before Covid, but they panic every time cases spike so the close everything.

Hope you've had a good last week of working at home, and good luck if you're going back to the office this week

| ray
Old 04-19-2021, 08:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Right now we're in lockdown but we're also not really in lockdown (if that makes sense). Because last year's lockdown was the worst, we can't even use public transportation so unless you have a car, you're supposed to find other means to go to work or work from home (which not everyone can afford to do). It's all stupid because the rules are meant for middle to upper class people and didn't even take into consideration the really poor people who need to go out to make a living. Not even the cash incentive is enough for them to last 3 months. To top it all off, it's election here next year so the politicians are all charming us right now.

I had a busy day yesterday as I was back at the office. It's still busy today but not as much. We're still not all going to work but as per office rules, there's a pay cut if we work from home so it's up to us if we want to work from home or go to the office. I need (more) money so I chose the latter.

Old 04-23-2021, 05:02 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Yeah it does make sense, we've been in the same boat on and off for the past year. That does suck how it affects poor people, seems like an all-around bad situation. And yeah an election being close would not help, opening an opportunity for a lot of empty promises unfortunately.

Lockdowns here also didn't take into consideration the "daily" workers who get their living by the day like cab drivers or small shop owners, so it's often worse for them when everything closes.

Hope you have a good weekend now That's too bad about pay cuts when you work from home, it should be more of an understandable situation at this point. Hope things go well for you now that you're going back to the office.

| ray
Old 04-23-2021, 08:05 PM
Moderator Manager

This week at work was okay but next week is month end so I'd be swamped with work as usual. I don't know if this is a good thing (or a bad thing) but since the pandemic, month end hasn't been that stressful but we haven't been reaching quota for months so sales have been really low. Given the situation it's understandable but also concerning.

I hope you'll have a relaxing weekend. I'll just be staying in this weekend and probably catch up on TV shows and movies. I still can't travel anywhere but really once things settle down here (and for me), I'll be travelling again soon.

Old 04-26-2021, 06:07 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Good luck this week It's good that at least it's understood why quota won't always be met, but hope things do pick up for you sooner rather than later.

Had to put in some work hours yesterday but other than that, weekend was good, hope yours was too. What are you into with shows right now?

And that's cool you're planning on travelling when it becomes possible. Any set destination or it'll just depend when it is time for it?

| ray
Old 04-26-2021, 07:50 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm hopeful and there were months that quota was met (not exceeded) so at least there's that. Before the pandemic, we've always exceeded quota and an incentive for that is travel out of the country which we now can't do.

I'm glad to know work has been good for you. It's month end for me but it's manageable (for now). Right now I'm binge-watching Shadow & Bones on Netflix. It's really good. How about you?

For now just local travel. It's pretty strict here. You'd have to show a negative test & get vaccinated if you want to travel to other parts of the country so since last year I've been stuck here in the city and have not travelled anywhere else. I doubt we'll be allowed to travel to other parts of the world now, our cases are spiking and we're banned to travel in almost all countries.

Old 04-29-2021, 12:15 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

That's good to hear it is working out sometimes. Lack of incentive would not help either.

Thanks, and same to you. Oh that's on my to-watch list, glad to hear it's good. I watch too many shows Right now my favourties are This Is Us, Manifest, Superman & Lois, A Million Little Things etc

That makes sense about travel outside the country, it is way too early for sure. Hopefully you'll be able to travel within the country soon enough, at least for some change of scenery.

| ray
Old 04-29-2021, 08:10 PM
Moderator Manager

I also watch This Is Us and Manifest. I don't watch Superman & Lois and A Million Little Things. I watch too much TV shows as well and with more streaming sites now, it's really keeping me busy at least. Binge-watching (and FF) helped a lot during lockdown for me.

So month end went well. I think we'll meet quota, it's still morning here and I'll know for sure later in the afternoon. It was busy but manageable. Mostly I'm just glad to be back at the office because I was getting sick & tired of Zoom calls.

Old 04-30-2021, 04:15 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Yeah exactly, with all the extra time we have not being able to go out as often as we used to, we definitely needed something hat we spend hours on, to pass the time.

Glad to hear this month looks good so far. And yeah that's understandable about those calls taking their toll. I am tired of them too, but still prefer working from home.

| ray