Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2021, 01:43 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
So the power outages lasted for days or just a few hours?

And really even though it's stressful at work, we have a job that can pay our bills. Unemployment here skyrocketed especially last year because of the lockdowns.

Are you planning to use your vacation days soon? Or are they convertible to cash if you don't use them? I know some companies do that.

I've been really iffy to eat at restaurants lately but at the same time I need some normalcy back. While I used to eat out a lot before, it's okay for me to just eat at home or at work and bring my own food. I'm not a good cook so I always buy food outside but lately (with my pay cut), I have to save so I try to cook and make my own food. I'm the only one who will eat it anyway so no worries if it tastes bad.

I really hope this will all be over soon. I need to travel and visit other countries. I want to be able to spend a full day at work mingling with everyone and not be worried about getting Covid.
Days, it was between Friday and Monday.

Very true, and we're still able to mostly get full pay so can't complain too much.

Probably not, as you may have noticed, the load is at an all time high again right now, so always putting in extra hours and working weekends and there's always urgent requests and inquiries to handle, so right now I can't take actual "vacations". And no they're not convertible.

Yeah I get that, I don't go to just any restaurant, just ones that are well-known and clearly hygienic, and usually just over the weekend since like you said, we need to be to enjoy some things again. Aww about the cooking And yeah that makes sense, we've had to "accept" a lot of things we used to take for granted.

Fall weather usually does affect us wanting to do anything.

Good to hear the typhoon won't hit near you, and hopefully the weather won't be too troublesome. Today was the first day we got some minor thunder/lightning and expected some light rain throughout the week.

Hope you're having a good week otherwise

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 10-12-2021, 09:46 PM
Moderator Manager

That sucks but I really hope you can go on a short vacation soon. You need it.

And I can only cook easy to do do foods. Nothing too complicated like too many ingredients or takes hours to do. During lockdowns last year, I tried to cook again but that was short-lived because I always end up ordering food instead.

Are thunderstorms and light rain normal for you over there around this month?

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 10-14-2021, 08:05 PM
Moderator Manager

It's the weekend finally! Happy weekend!!!

Old 10-17-2021, 08:41 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Hope so too, but the most I'll get to have this year, are probably ones that are official.

Yeah that makes sense, and it is easier and more convenient to order in whenever you can, so if you're not much into cooking, that is a perfectly fine option xD

More so light rain than the thunderstorms. Since it's the beginning of Fall, the weather isn't as hot and humid as it is during Summer but not as cold and stormy as Winter.

Hope your weekend is going/went well! Went to the mall yesterday with my sister and spent a few hours there, and today, I did some overdue grocery shopping.

| ray
Old 10-17-2021, 08:19 PM
Moderator Manager

What do you mean official?

Mom sends food over all the time, bless her. The only thing I'm good cooking is rice.

And before you know it, it'll be winter again soon. When does winter start there?

I'm glad you were able to spend the weekend with your sister. My sister has days off on weekdays (when I work) so whenever she has her weekends off, we try to spend it together.

My nephew is looking forward to Halloween although it's not a big deal here in my country but some people do celebrate it. I haven't asked him yet what he'll be wearing. I'm sure it's a character from a game he usually plays on the tablet.

Old 10-23-2021, 09:14 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Just that I probably won't be taking any personal days off any time soon, just holidays.

Aw okay that is another good alternative to cooking

Winter starts 3rd week of January.

Yeah it's fun, and that's good you're able to spend some weekends with yours too.

How old is he? And yeah kids tend to be predictable when it comes to their favourites xD It's the same here when it comes to Halloween but it is fun for those who do want to do something on the night of.

Hope you're having a good weekend I having been feeling too well these past couple of weeks, and things have been increasing stressful at work lately so it's not helping.

| ray
Old 10-23-2021, 08:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Ah I see, that sucks.

Winter isn't far along and once the holidays start, it's gonna get cold again.

My nephew is 6 years old. I already asked him and he's still not sure what he'll be wearing. He said he wants to be a monster but I'm not sure what monster he was referring to.

I'm sorry you're not feeling too well. I hope you get some rest this weekend, you need it.

Old 10-25-2021, 07:49 PM
Moderator Manager

Month end for me again.

Old 10-26-2021, 11:17 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I'm not fond of weather extremes I prefer Fall the most when it comes to weather.

Aw okay, and seems like he has too many favourites at this point.

Thank you Didn't really get too, still so tired and falling asleep at different points in the evening since my sleeping habits have been abysmal lately.

Good luck

| ray
Old 10-26-2021, 08:37 PM
Moderator Manager

Our weather bureau just announced that it's the start of the cold weather here meaning it's not going to be as hot or humid outside. During the cold weathers here, we don't need to use the AC and we can even just let cool air inside. It saves electricity too because during this time we use Christmas lights which consumes a lot of electricity.

I have a sleep tracker and I really only get 5-6 hours of sleep everyday. It's not enough because I need at least 7 everyday. And anytime I get less than 5 hours of sleep, I usually feel tired. The other I only had 3 hours of sleep so yeah I was really sluggish at work.

I hope you're getting enough sleep since you're always so busy at work.

Old 10-28-2021, 07:24 PM
Moderator Manager

Last day of month end for me.

Old 11-01-2021, 07:13 PM
Moderator Manager

I can't believe we're nearing the end of this year already? This year went by so fast, imo.

Old 11-03-2021, 07:15 PM
Moderator Manager

I wish it was the weekend already. I'm feeling so tired lately.

Old 11-04-2021, 01:21 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

^ Feel exactly the same For the last two posts actually.

Hope month end was good!

Anything that removes the humidity is welcome in my book. And that makes sense about the electricity.

Not having enough sleep is always annoying and yeah it affects your whole day, hope you've been able to sleep better since then I usually have a maximum of 5 or 6 hours, I'm used to it so don't really need more.

And I actually haven't been getting enough, the other day I fell asleep at midnight then woke up at 3:00 am and continued work as usual This past week has been brutal, clients pushing, managers pushing, a gazillion meetings and emails to check and respond to, it's been chaos and it's still not over.

| ray