Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-05-2004, 11:35 PM
Absolute Fan

True.

I hope no one ever stages an intervention for one or all of us. That would be a sad day.

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large
Old 07-05-2004, 11:37 PM
Master Fan

I know. If being normal means not Delieving... I don't want to be normal.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:10 AM
Addicted Fan

I missed this thread, hee.

The last post was about Delieving... I can't relate.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Absolute Fan

I have nothing of intelligence to add, so I'll just mention how I love Kelly's reaction during the Big Band intro, squealing over something they don't show us. Girl just gets excited over everything. (The least of which being Diana. Oh, sorry. Wrong thread again. )

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large
Old 07-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ++Cam++
The last post was about Delieving... I can't relate.
Er, yes, neither can I.

I was watching some AI performances again and every time one of the judges praised Kelly, I just couldn't help but have this big grin on my face, girl was fantastic. I was watching her post-SLTT interview with Dunk and Ryan and noticed her pull up her dress as she tried to sit, though it kinda looked like she was pulling up whatever she was wearing underneath. Y'know, if she was wearing anything at all, since she mentioned "flashing the world".

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Absolute Fan

She likes to go commando, you know.

The throw to commercial after IRM is funny, because Ryan breaks out into a giddy kind of Irish jig singing, "It's raining men!" and Kelly hugs him. I would have been terrified of Ryan that night, he was so hopped up on something, but Kelly's fine with it. Dunkleman, meanwhile, is half amused and half scared out of his wits.

Old 07-07-2004, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

I love the look of disbelief (or shock, or whatever) in her face whenever Simon tells her she's the best singer in the competition. (Well... maybe that was just in Final Three, coz I don't have that many AI videos downloaded.)
Old 07-07-2004, 09:46 PM
Absolute Fan

That is just the Top 3. It always bugged me that Simon made it seem Kelly was the best left because Tamyra had been eliminated. He often finds a way in interviews to even invalidate her win by suggesting it was no great battle against Justin, whereas Kelly vs. Tamyra really would have been something to watch.

The logic there is flawed because Tamyra couldn't even beat Nikki or Justin's "stiff" competition. She (arguably) faltered ONCE, on the first of two songs that week, and was eliminated immediately. Me thinks Kelly would have swept the finals anyway.

My favorite positive reaction? Simon telling Kelly she just raised the game after YAIN. The noise that comes out of her mouth is freaking hilarious. (I was annoyed in the reading of the critiques on the results show when they said he said she raised her game, which isn't quite as meaningful.)

One thing I really love about Kelly, though, is that whenever there was even a HINT of a slam against one or all of the other contestants in one of her critiques, she seemed uncomfortable. There have been others, in all seasons, who shall remain nameless, who received the same kind of critique from time to time and never seemed to acknowledge that their friends were getting bashed in the mix of all their praise. It bugs, but it makes me appreciate Kelly's humility and sensitivity even more.

ETA: A new television appearance to (hopefully) give us a little Kelly fix.

July 18th: Young Divas (E!)

It's unlikely that there will be footage from a completely new interview, but it may include footage of an older interview that we haven't seen before.

Old 07-08-2004, 03:40 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by NaiveYetChubby
One thing I really love about Kelly, though, is that whenever there was even a HINT of a slam against one or all of the other contestants in one of her critiques, she seemed uncomfortable. There have been others, in all seasons, who shall remain nameless, who received the same kind of critique from time to time and never seemed to acknowledge that their friends were getting bashed in the mix of all their praise. It bugs, but it makes me appreciate Kelly's humility and sensitivity even more.
WORD. I didn't have the opportunity to watch AI1 but I read the recaps. Her sensitivity was admirable -- I think that was one of the major factors of why I had a crush on her in the first place. She seemed really sincere too like when the time she praised Nikki in the Top 4 performances and the way she looked a little sad during the finale when they were snubbing Justin. God, she rocks.

Whee! I'm gonna get the AI1 DVD.

Aside from YAIN, her reactions from IS, SLTT and Respect are some of the memorable ones in mind. I loved the dorky, "Uh okay, awright..." after Simon's comments in Respect. I've said it many times but I've always found the "ducka ducka ducka" adorable.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:03 AM
Absolute Fan

Warning: Typos abound. (Just for Shannon.)

Ah, the "Respect" reaction. That's a great one. Simon's way of being a bastard is quite annoying all on its own, but when you combine with with Kelly's dorkiness, it makes for some entertaining television.

I loved her reaction early in the competition (second week?) to Simon saying it's about finding a star, not feeling sorry for someone who isn't very good, because she's all, "Oooh. What?" I don't think she understands that not everyone feels people like A.J. are stellar singers, even if she thinks so.

Oh, and the Top 3 results show. Randy and Paula say American will have gotten it right if the "two best singers" go through, but Simon has to specify Kelly and Justin. Justin just stands there, kind of not even listening, with the same smile on his face he has through the whole thing, but Kelly looks as pissed as Nikki, if not moreso. And then when Simon takes time away from his goodbye speech to Nikki to say that the night's WY performance was the best of the competition, Kelly is seriously saddened.

I have to give Justin a lot of credit, though, because he took a lot of crap in terms of Kelly praise and Tamyra praise, but he seemed genuinely happy for both of them the whole time. I don't think Justin would have been happier on the finale if HE had one.

Old 07-08-2004, 04:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Warning: Typos abound. (Just for Shannon.)
*grins* Awwww!

I got:

Quote:
..but when you combine with with Kelly's dorkiness...
Quote:
...say American will have gotten it right...
This is like a game.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:17 AM
Absolute Fan

You're missing something.

And that second one, I didn't notice, so bonus points!

Old 07-08-2004, 04:19 AM
Master Fan

Woo! How does this point system work, exactly?

Quote:
...with the same smile on his face he has through the whole thing...
That the other?

(Also, you're really slow with your PM replies. )
Old 07-08-2004, 04:36 AM
Absolute Fan

Well, I see how that's a display of poor English skills. Still not what I meant, though.

The points system is like that of Whose Line Is It Anyway? Meaning I assign points in an arbitrary manner. If I feel like giving something 10,000 points, it's 10,000 because I said so. The same thing may get only 5 points on other days.

What a nag you are with the PMs, BTW.

Old 07-08-2004, 04:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well, I see how that's a display of poor English skills. Still not what I meant, though.
Hmmm... How about:

Quote:
I don't think Justin would have been happier on the finale if HE had one.
Do you mean "won" instead of "one"? Because I just assumed you meant if he had his own finale.

Quote:
The points system is like that of Whose Line Is It Anyway? Meaning I assign points in an arbitrary manner. If I feel like giving something 10,000 points, it's 10,000 because I said so. The same thing may get only 5 points on other days.
Oh, I see.

Quote:
What a nag you are with the PMs, BTW.
Nah, just impatient.