Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2003, 08:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Poor J-Man. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Quote:
From: Iminajustinfog (Original Message) Sent: 7/1/2003 3:34 AM
ok, here is what REALLY happened:

Justin was jet skiing in Texas, and lost control of his jetski, while he was trying to land the jetski up on the shore .........NO ONE WAS HURT ...... well, Justin got some red marks on his shoulder, but he threw himself off before he got hurt .......... the jet ski continued on, and DID NOT HIT ANYONE, just scared a bunch of folks.

An accident, nothing more, and again, no one got hurt - there are some people who are trying to make it out to be more than what it was, as if people should no longer support Justin and Kelly because this happened ..... OK, this was TEXAS, and it made the news ........ idols on the beach, making trouble or something, lol, you may have seen it on your local broadcast. Of course, they made it sound WAY WORSE than it was. Justin did get a citation, a TICKET, for Reckless Boat Driving ..... yep, reckless boat driving, you can get a ticket for that ........ but that's all it is - a ticket, and he'll pay a fine or something. Of course there will be people who will want to use this to get publicity. That's why we're telling you first, here. Of course, Justin feels badly about it, didn't PLOT to scare anyone, and that's ALL that happened ......
Apparently there was an article about this in the Fort Worth Star Telegram that completely blew it out of proportion. Said that Kelly and Justin were rude, and that Justin ran away laughing, which they would NEVER do.

As a journalist, that kind of reporting upsets me. When supposed "writers" print something without getting their facts straight and create a subjective approach. If the guy who wrote the article would have dug a little deeper into the situation he would have realized that Justin is not the type of person to "run away laughing" after being involved in this type of accident. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2003, 10:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Someone tell me if it's okay that everytime I listen to the cd, I giggle?

Should I get giggly listening to Justin's cd?

Just a few..scrapes? Dude thinks he's Spiderman.Silly Justin.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Glad to hear Justin and everyone else involved is okay. Justin certainly does NOT need any bad publicity...sometimes I think he's got enough people after his blood as it is. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

KH Online
Old 07-01-2003, 01:01 PM
Passionate Fan

Dang Jude, you're a triple threat now! Congrats on the Clay modership. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And you're right. It seems that everyone and everyone is out to get Justin, which just doesn't make sense. So he didn't win AI. Big deal. He came in second out of like 10,000 people, which is amazing in its own right.

Old 07-01-2003, 03:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Beautiful Disaster:
<STRONG>Dang Jude, you're a triple threat now! Congrats on the Clay modership. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Thanks! I'm VERY happy to have been assigned the CA board. (OK, I pushed like crazy for it, but still. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )

<STRONG>
Quote:
And you're right. It seems that everyone and everyone is out to get Justin, which just doesn't make sense. So he didn't win AI. Big deal. He came in second out of like 10,000 people, which is amazing in its own right.</STRONG>
I guess I don't understand the venom. People seem to have decided on a negative image of Justin, and that's what they're focused on. It seems that no matter what board I go to these days, when Justin's mentioned, it's rarely in a good light, and that's just sad. It's bad enough that AI screwed him over so badly...I hate to see the public attacking him as well.

At least he's got a loyal fanbase, though. It's nice that someone's stayed behind him! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

KH Online
Old 07-01-2003, 05:11 PM
New Fan

PLEASE...everyone, request justin guarinis single "SORRY!!!!"
Old 07-01-2003, 07:07 PM
Extreme Fan

I shall I shall... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Man I missed Justin on Leno last night. I was up at like 11.. but I was way too tired to watch until 12. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] The girl needs her sleep [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

"You were fake I was great, nothing personal." - All Time Low
Old 07-01-2003, 07:42 PM
Passionate Fan

I've been calling in to about 4 or 5 stations here in Harrisburg, but so far no luck. They'd much rather make fun of Justin than play his song. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I just don't get why they feel the need to hate on him. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] What are we seeing that they aren't?

Old 07-01-2003, 07:50 PM
Master Fan

I'm glad Justin is okay in his accident, I haven't heard Justin's song being played...actually only Kelly's.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 07-01-2003, 07:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Beautiful Disaster:
[QB
I just don't get why they feel the need to hate on him. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] What are we seeing that they aren't?[/QB]
Some radio ppl are jerks. I think that they need to get their eyes checked b/c they are obviously not seeing what we are!

[ 07-01-2003: Message edited ~Orli'sQueen~ ]

Orli #44
Arrows #323
Old 07-01-2003, 07:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Hmm.. where have I been? I haven't heard about all this hatred towards him? The stations here don't diss on him.. actually, I don't even think I've ever heard them mention him. LoL. I'm gonna have to talk to those darn people.

"You were fake I was great, nothing personal." - All Time Low
Old 07-02-2003, 12:03 AM
Passionate Fan

What's this all about?
Old 07-02-2003, 05:11 AM
Jay
Master Fan

it really pisses me off as to why the radio stations aren't playing "Sorry". i know it's not my kinda type of song..but i'm digging it. in fact, his whole album is pretty good. if there's one thing to blame justin's poor start..it would be the record company..RCA. they are so focused on ruben and especially friggin clay(he's a nice guy..i just don't see how he can compare to justin in terms of performance and singing wise). RCA is so slow in promoting his album...i think they just don't care about him that much. i mean all they care about is money and the only way to make good money is when something's hot...like American Idol 2. it's stupid that both ruben and clay's albums are due on the same day as in August 19th. i like Ruben more than Clay. But when they compare to Jelly, hell no..Jelly is way better than them.

don't worry justin fans(i am a male-fan as well)..if it doesn't look like justin will have any success in the music business...at least he's got the whole package to do anything he wants..like musical broadway. whatever makes him happy. the point is, like u guys, radio stations and TRl who refuses to play his single..are simply *******s...'casue they aren't respecting the fans. heck, without the fans, TRL and those radio stations wouldn't exist OR at least, wouldn't be as hot as they were back then.

have faith people....i'll keep mine. I'm proud of Justin. RCA should've released his album way back and the movie as well...like 4 months after American Idol. yea i know..RCA signed him and he is blessed for that. but still, DAMN RCA. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[ 07-02-2003: Message edited Jay_10 ]
Old 07-02-2003, 05:39 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay_10:
<STRONG>if there's one thing to blame justin's poor start..it would be the record company..RCA. they are so focused on ruben and especially friggin clay(he's a nice guy..i just don't see how he can compare to justin in terms of performance and singing wise). </STRONG>
You know, it's probably not the best idea to call him "friggin Clay" when one of the mods of this board is also a mod of the Clay Aiken board. You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but you may want to keep that in mind. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

And by the way, Clay's definitely NOT getting support from RCA for radio air play. It's the fans who are working for him to get radio time, no one else. It's the fans who've pushed and pushed...HARD. Clay's got a LOT of fans, and that's the only reason he's gotten any play at all. That's also the reason he was #1 on Billboard for the last two weeks.

There's no doubt at all that Justin has gotten screwed over in all this. But that's not Clay's or Ruben's fault...both of whom are talented guys. (I happen to prefer Clay's voice above all, but you might have guessed that. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) I think the Justin fans just have to keep pushing and calling the radio stations, just as the Clay fans have. That's the only way that you can possibly get what you want these days, it seems. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

BTW, Clay and Ruben's albums are no longer coming out on the same day. They're coming out in September, with Clay's following two weeks after Ruben's. So Ruben will get to be #1, as befitting his title, I suppose, before Clay's comes out and buries it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 07-02-2003: Message edited Jude ]

KH Online
Old 07-02-2003, 07:51 AM
Passionate Fan

I agree with you Jay in that RCA has really screwed Justin over. Really all they've done is officially announce "Sorry" as the new single and then have Justin perform it a few times on some shows. In the beginning, right after the single was released, most radio stations didn't even know it or Justin's album were out! I've heard of people who have had to actually play the single over the phone for a radio DJ because of that. It's just poor advertising on RCA's part.

I am so thankful, and I know Justin is, to have fans who pick up RCA's slack and get the news out to the public.