Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-29-2005, 10:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasha
As of this moment, I'm hoping for a Suzi/Rex finale with Aaron as the top 3'er. But my opinion could change....
Sounds about right.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:48 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterley
I am surprised that Ashley left this soon but really, she is not that great.
You're right, actually... personally, I don't think any of them are THAT great. They certainly don't have me absolutely itching to go to the show like I was last summer.

A Suzi/Rex finale with Aaron in Top 3 would suit me fine too. I mean, I like Daryl but I don't think he has the capability to go that far. I personally don't think he'll get past Top 6. Maybe in a few years he'd be better.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Just coming by to drop this off.... TV Guide has a special feature about the Idols this week. This is the cover picture:

http://www.ctvmedia.ca/images/0806.CanIdolcov.jpg

It apparantly has 'secrets from the mansion'. I don't know if it's worth picking up, but I thought I'd let you guys know anyway.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ug I'm gonna do what I swear not to do ...split my vote...because I just can't decide between Aaron and Melissa...yes Melissa ROCKED and out sang Aaron...but I Aaron. So yup splitting my vote.

Casey, I adore you but hun you are the weakest link...goodbye.

Josh

Susi

Rex

Amber

Daryl

Melissa & Aaron
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 08-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Agreed with a lot of what you said! When you say Daryl - - is that a good eek or a bad eek? I actually really liked it. The boy has grown on me! Melissa was good too. Amber bores me. Rex was good. I liked Casey this week, but she still needs to go. And I'm just not a fan of Josh.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

A good eek ...a very good eek! He rocked! Totally getting over his shy boy thing he had going. I hope he sticks around another week. ... I so hear you on the Josh thing, I just don't get it. and same with Amber, I'll be the first to say she has a wonderful voice but there's nothing that makes her stand out. She's kinda blah. I'd probably buy her cd but I wouldn't go to a concert or watch a music video or anything.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 08-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Your post could have been written by me, I agree 1000000%.

Does anyone ever think of what would have happened if these themes were for last year? What songs last year's Idols would have picked?
Old 08-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was thinking the same thing when watching it. I love 80's music! Can you imagin Shane, Jacob & Kalan do this theme? Specially Jacob? He would have went all out for it...not to mention the group number. It would have been priceless!!!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 08-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Loyal Fan

My thoughts...

Amber - whoever said she'd make a good bar singer is right. Other than that, she is I wouldn't even bother to buy her CD.

Rex - could have easily killed what I consider to be an overplayed song but actually mae me like it. This guy is totally selling the rock thing. If you guys haven't noticed yet, he's my fave!

Casey - just as as Amber.

Daryl - probably his best performance yet but I still can't get over how effeminate his voice is!

Suzi - I like her but she was getting too much praise from the judges today. I didn't think she did all that great. Nevertheless, I still want her in the top 3.

Aaron - I like him and his kind of music but I'm not the biggest fan of his voice. It does almost sound too countryish.

Josh - he needs more fans here 'cause this guy is really good. He has a unique voice and seems emotionally invested in all the songs he sings.

Melissa - why this girl is always at the bottom 3 is beyond me! She is waay better than Amber and Casey put together!
Old 08-03-2005, 05:40 AM
Passionate Fan

Definitely agreed about Amber, Rex, Casey, Suzi, and Melissa!

I like Aaron's voice. It's not as country as Jason's was last year. Oh, Dimples. I'll agree with you that Josh definitely puts a lot of emotions into his songs, but that's just not enough for me if everything else about the guy bugs me. And Daryl's performance was very good... I like him when he does upbeat songs. He was starting to break out of his shell... playing with the camera... watching someone shy like that change for the better is wonderful to watch. It's too bad his voice hasn't changed yet... I think it'll prevent him from going as far as he deserves in the competition.

This is all of course my opinion. And 80s night with the Top 8 from last year would have been awesome.... I can just SEE Jacob.... This is a night when the blue jumpsuit would not have been out of place!
Old 08-03-2005, 06:04 AM
Master Fan

Rex was freakin hilarious last night. I cant believe he wore that Republic of Newfoundland shirt Ben was mentioning the numbers to call, and Rex turned around to show his back, Ben seemed a bit flustered after that

Wasn't his best performance, but I think he's safe again.

Can someone PLEASE tell me why the judges love Josh? I can't stand him! Ugh.

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 08-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

I liked Melissa, Aaron, and Josh the most last night . Rex was good, but it wasn't the best performance he's given. And Suzi was weirding me out with the gyrations....but those are still 2 of my faves
Old 08-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I forgot to watch tonight. Who got killed? I mean kicked.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh my Gosh!! I loved tonights bottom three! Out of all the idol shows I watched tonights was the best bottom three ever. I mean I was hoping Ben would make an annoucement saying that they were doing something totally not done anywhere before and kicking out all three of them...but sadly he didn't and the best one out of the three of course was the one to go home. *sigh* but we were this close to loosing Suzi and Josh!! maybe next week! (What? So they're not my faves, )

But I do have to say I am shocked that Amber went home before say Casey or Daryl Canada is voting weird this year, can't predict who is safe...but I'm really glad Melissa didn't make the bottom three tonight!!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 08-04-2005, 02:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Suzi & Josh were in the bottom 3??? No way! Can't say I'm too upset about Amber leaving. The Casey & Daryl fans must be hardcore 'cause those two definitely deserve to go sometime soon.