Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm completely dismayed. Emily over Daryl. To me, Emily is way more talented. Daryl is cute. He is a sweet guy. But the group number proved that he's out of his element.

Maybe he'll improve. But right now, I don't think so...

He would be good in pop. But I'm not even sure...

But then he's a bundle of nerves. And he might have potential. But compared to Emily...

I'm not happy. I am surprised Casey squeezed through...

But then Melissa wasn't very memorable...

It's going to be a long summer...
Old 07-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

I think that having Melissa and Ashley sing back to back is what caused her to be forgotten. They both sang Amanda songs and they both have the long hair and exotic look.

And I wish the judges would wisen up to the fact that if you tell someone they're going home their fans are going to be mad and vote extra hard for them. It happens (almost) all the time *sigh*.

I would've said that Emily was going home. And I would've finally gotten a point in the prediction game . We should make one for us Canucks
Old 07-21-2005, 12:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Shari - Whoops..sorry. I meant CountryBumpkin.

Jay - Fancy seeing you here!

I'm glad Emily's gone. I don't care for her and Casey at all.

I kinda have a soft spot for Darryl..he seems like such a preppy boy but he's such a softie. I don't like his voice at all and I definitely don't want him in the top 3 but I'd like to see more of him. Does anyone else think he sounds like a girl when he talks? It's pretty funny.

OMG...I was working today and do you guys remember Stephane? He was in the wildcard show. Anyway, I SWEAR I saw him while I was working over at the drivethru...the guy looked EXACTLY like him. And I've check the Idol site and know for sure he lives in Edmonton. I was too shy to ask him if he was Stephane from CI (I mean, Edmonton's a pretty big city..what are the chances..) But next time I see him, I'll have to ask!
Old 07-21-2005, 05:48 AM
Passionate Fan

You HAVE to ask him! That would be cool!
Old 07-21-2005, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

That would be awesome, Maple! Don't be shy, I'm sure that he's used to it
Old 07-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

You do feel sorry for Daryl...I can't help it...he's a little kid. I would boot off Casey off before him that's for sure....and I have to admit I prefer his voice to Aaron's so far. What was with Emily not taking Melissa's hand? Interesting. The group song was horrible...all of them...horrible....I loved the group songs last year (well not the beach boys medley so much but hey it made me laugh...hard).

I'm not sure about Josh yet....he sounded exactly like the Jeff Buckley version of Hallelulah. His "look" bugs me...a scarf? it's friggin July!! I think I view him as a bit of a poser. We'll see though....

There are some nice voices but to really make it I think the 'idol' needs a little something extra these days and some of these guys haven't shown that type of personality yet. It's kind of my theory on Ryan Malcolm...he was a decent singer but a little too bland and not distinctive enough. IMO. Kalan had much better pipes, the look, the whole musician thing that sets him apart. Kelly and Clay, great pipes and big personalities.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Master Fan

Hey maples. What a coincidence!

Yeah, well I don't mind Daryl as many people seem to. I actually like his voice. It's got this clarity, that not a lot of singers have.

And I couldn't believe Melissa was in the bottom 3. That's just dumb. I was dumbfounded

I'll just have to vote a few more times I suppose, if Canada can't realize who should stay and who should go!
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 07-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBCD
Clay, great pipes and big personalities.
Bless your heart

I didn't mind Daryl. Personally, I think he just needs to age a little and get some depth in his voice, but he's definitely listenable
Old 07-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Passionate Fan

UBCD, you echoed practically every single thought of mine. Including the group performance... I was way dissapointed.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

You know what they say, great minds.....
Old 07-23-2005, 12:02 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't think it should be all about the voice, though. Technicalalities aren't everything. Look at Ruben...technically a really good singer but boring personality, IMO.

The same goes for Amber (and the main reason I can't get into her like the judges). She has a GREAT voice but NO charisma.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:35 AM
Passionate Fan

Very true, Maple. I'm not really an Amber fan either - she has no stage personality. That's what I love about Melissa... she does have stage personality.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:24 PM
Passionate Fan

Aww. I'm gonna miss Idol tonight, cause my exchange group is going out. And I can't ask my host family to tape it, cause they only have a DVD player, not a VCR. You guys'll have to give me the full scoop later!
Old 07-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

Have fun though, Janelle

I'll be taping it and watching it later....I don't know if I'm going to like Stevie Wonder week or not
Old 07-26-2005, 08:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Stevie Wonder should do this: