Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

Paige - Already forgot her..
Ashley - She did good on the high notes, but it's a boring song, so I didn't love or like it I hope she doesn't get eliminated cause I love her voice!
Janell - Another one of my favorites that didn't do well...
Lily - Another bad song choice, but she didn't suck like the other girls... best so far!
Katelyn - Best song choice so far! I didn't mind her before, now I kinda like her! Really enjoyed her performance!
Haeley - Weird voice and she was a bit out of tune, she kinda shout it.. no need to say I didn't like it
Lacey - She almost put me to sleep
Michelle - OMG she was great!!!!!!!!!! Finally one of my favorites doing well! I so hope she continues!
Didi - Say 'Terrified' is by Kara again and I'll go to America to hit you in the face! She is beginning to irritate me! Kara didn't record the song, Kat McPhee did! UGH! Okay, now to the performance... B-O-R-I-N-G The voice was ok, the song was whatever.. I think I'll have to be grateful cause she didn't sing Terrified, by Kara DioGuardi again
Siobhan - Kinda like her, she did good! Nice vocals!
Crystal - When she said the name of the song, I was like "Finally someone who knows how to choose songs!" She did great, I love her! Simon, shut up!
Katie - Great vocals, except maybe in the end... But OMG, why does she have to sing old songs? She needs to stop doing that!
TK

Last edited by .:DoDs:.; 02-23-2010 at 08:04 PM
Old 02-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Wow, erm, really dissapointed. The girls were hyped up so much and did not deliver!

I thought Lily was good, Siobhan was supprisingly good, Didi was good but I agree with Simon in that it was a bit dreary.

Katie reminds me too much of JoJo, Ashley reminds me too much of Jordin and Crystal....I just don't get her...?! Kara hit the nail on the head...coffee house performer.

I realize I may be alone in this but I really enjoyed most of Haeley's performance, I know it's horrible but at the start that lisp was really annoying!

I just pray and pray and pray that the US public vote Didi and Janell through!

Lacey....wow, that was the worst performance I've ever seen on AI!
Old 02-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The only performance I didn't mute at some point was Didi's. Another I did like, though, was Siobhan's.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

Just a quick note, I was writing my comments while watching...
TK
Old 02-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:DoDs:. (View Post)
Didi - Say 'Terrified' is by Kara again and I'll go to America to hit you in the face! She is beginig to irritate me! Kara didn't record the song, Kat McPhee did! UGH! Okay, now to the performance... B-O-R-I-N-G The voice was ok, the song was whatever.. I think I'll have to be grateful cause she didn't sing Terrified, by Kara DioGuardi again
Yeah Kat recorded it but Kara wrote it and sung it first with Jason and Didi's friends with Jason...sooo
Old 02-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

This is just me but...

worst episode of Idol ever.

Again, that's just me and how I feel Only performance I somewhat liked was Katelyn's. If it's a girls year then I can't imagine how bad the guys are going to be, maybe I'm being too harsh
Old 02-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevding (View Post)
Yeah Kat recorded it but Kara wrote it and sung it first with Jason and Didi's friends with Jason...sooo
I know that... I happen to love the song since Kara first put it on yt, in january 2009! It would be ok, if she credited both songwriters, not only Kara, despite beeing really weird crediting songwriters cause people usually credit the person that performs the song You don't hear The Prayer, by David Foster, you hear The Prayer, by Andrea Bocelli...
TK

Last edited by .:DoDs:.; 02-24-2010 at 04:51 AM
Old 02-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

Ack, this was just a BAD night. Definitely not a girl's year. Can't wait to see the guys. Hope they don't suck as nearly bad. Not one performance I'd buy off iTunes. I loved Crystal, but that was a TERRIBLE song to perform live to develop your sound. She gets props for the harmonica, but that's all. I hate to say that because I love her, but otherwise like Simon said, millions of other people do it in coffee shops and hell, on the street.

The judges were a bit all over the place tonight. I think Ellen tended to play along with the general consensus when they all thought they were bad, but like Paula, tried to instill some good advice (more affective than Abdul, IMO)

Oh please, Terrified is Kara's song, she wrote it. McPhee just bought it and recorded it. Let's be real here and give credit where credit is due. Even I'm not a Kara fan, but that is her song...and it's relevant to the competition to point out Kara wrote the song.

Kara's "bitch" comment, uh... so attention-getting, and one of the reasons I can't stand Kara and how she felt that helped her gain a "moment" so I'm kinda over that.

Didi wasn't amazing, but she was better than lots of other girls, but yet Simon chose to pick her a part. A shame. But she doesn't have a snowball's chance of winning, her sound is far too unique. Very Brooke White/Megan type... not gonna happen.

Just watched Katie. Yikes! Another bad performance. But... Kara's "did you hear yourself?" should've been said to EVERY girl that night, not just her.

kenny | credit

Last edited by smoothaise; 02-23-2010 at 09:13 PM
Old 02-23-2010, 09:29 PM
New Fan

Oh plz ... Terrified is Kara's song !! That her song and Kat juz bough it and recored it .dude !! Everyone knows that Kara's song than Kat 's song though
And coz of Didi's perform it so Kats ver got more attentions than ever before ,dude ....

Didi : It was OK !! She's played it safe ! hope that American will vote 4 her ,though !!!
Old 02-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

I agree with others, if this truly is a girl's year, we may be in for a bumpy ride. Either that or maybe tighter themes will actually help them focus more. It felt really off at a lot of points tonight.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Master Fan

I didn't think Katie was bad, I just think it was the wrong song, wrong arrangement...she can do much better. But, compared to the rest of the girls, she was leagues ahead in my opinion. Everyone else was really awful, except maybe Crystal, Siobhan, and Katelyn. Other than that it was a rough, rough night. Wow.

I really hope a lot of the bad singing was due to nerves, and that they'll all be a lot better next week.
I love you
meghan
Old 02-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Katie... idk something about her rubs me the wrong way. It may just be all the pimping. I don't think she's living up to what the pumped her up to.

Haeley gets on my nerves so bad! I didn't know why...but then she sang tonight! Ouchies D:

Crystal was by far my favorite. I love her folksy vibe, and I loved her song choice. And I love her harmonica.

I liked Siobhan and Michelle. Didi did ok in some parts and some I was like...no.

The rest of them I didn't bother remembering
Visit DCook & AI
Old 02-24-2010, 03:47 AM
Elite Fan

Wow seriously? Katie in the pimp spot already? SERIOUSLY?!

Quote:
Kara didn't record the song, Kat McPhee did! UGH!
But the song is very much BY Kara. She wrote it. And actually performed it as well.
David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel

Old 02-24-2010, 04:58 AM
Master Fan

Okay, if it's going to be played that way.. Let's start refering to the songwriteres than.. Jesus Take Thw Wheel, not a Carrie song anymore, it's Hillary Lindsey song! Also, considering Kara can't play one instrument, I think we should give more of the credit to Jason Reeves.. it would be more fair considering it's a very Colbie Caillat type of song and Jason always writes with Colbie...
TK
Old 02-24-2010, 05:58 AM
Elite Fan

No, but again - Kara did perform this song. I have her version on my playlist also, when you say the song is BY someone it can mean 2 things - they wrote it or they performed it. Of course they'll pimp Kara, what'd you expect?
David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel