Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2004, 05:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey guys im back!
Just woke up on this lovely Saturday morning (editied to say its actually sunday silly! see thats how awake i am), going to work soon.
There's a blizzard heading towards Ireland soon so loads of snow hopefully!!
Iv been taking it easy the last few days, just worked yesterday and was so tired last night i went to bed and watched Destiny!
i havnt watched it in so so so long, it was so strange seeing it and knowing what it would all lead to, knowing what happens in the last ever episode and watching Destiny back when it only really began. I absolutely love the ending it made me cry so much ha! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
i remember i got a dictafone and recorded Here With Me from the end when Liz walks away from Max, I was in love with that song and no one knew who Dido was at the time, i used to listen to it so much and in the middle of it you'd here michael say "You gotta let her go"
awww sweet memories. Anyway the ending with howie from the backstreet boys still annoys me how nothing ever came of that "it has begun", i know brody got the transmogimacator thingy but nothing really made sence with howie, what fellow YORs think?
Hope everyone is well, see we have some new members WELCOME!! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

[ 01-25-2004: Message edited DreamingApplesaucer1947 ]
YOR#3
"In August and Everything After I'm After Everything"
Old 01-25-2004, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by * Genevieve *:
<STRONG>
It's so weird that some people are getting ready for lunch while others are getting ready to go to bed. It's almost 9pm here so that's what...about 16 hours difference? Whoa.

'Night Lady Sarah [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Yup that is weird. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Thats why I come on sometimes and theres hardly anyone around and sometimes there are so many posters around. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Anyway the ending with howie from the backstreet boys still annoys me how nothing ever came of that "it has begun", i know brody got the transmogimacator thingy but nothing really made sence with howie, what fellow YORs think?
Didnt really like the ending of Destiny either. Bleck, I dont believe in the whole Destiny thing though Im a Cliffie. Just doesnt make sense to me. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

soljae ♥
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 01-25-2004, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Dana. Welcome to the thread! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 01-25-2004: Message edited ~-Sarah-~ ]

soljae ♥
Old 01-25-2004, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi YOR's
Aww, Destiny. Heartbreaking at the end with Liz walking away. And when Micheal telling Maria he loved her too much to stay with her. But I loved when they played 'Here with me'. It made me go buy the CD and I've loved Dido ever since.
The ending thing with Howie was kind of weird. I guess it was just to show that all the other aliens with those little thingys knew where they were now and the battle was going to start - "it has begun". I still don't get why everyone wanted the Granolith. Was it just so they could get home? THere were other ways to do that as we saw with Khivar. Cause I don't get how it was some religious thing like Rath said in 'Max in the City'.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Later,
Old 01-25-2004, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
But I loved when they played 'Here with me'.
Me too! Its such a beautiful song and I always thought it represented M/L best. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by * Genevieve *:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi YOR's
The ending thing with Howie was kind of weird. I guess it was just to show that all the other aliens with those little thingys knew where they were now and the battle was going to start - "it has begun". I still don't get why everyone wanted the Granolith. Was it just so they could get home? THere were other ways to do that as we saw with Khivar. Cause I don't get how it was some religious thing like Rath said in 'Max in the City'.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Later,</STRONG>
Hmm, I never thought of the Granolith that way. Maybe the Dupes had some other way to get home but the Pod Squad only knew one way. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

soljae ♥
Old 01-26-2004, 12:21 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Destiny was a great season ender. Esp when compared to Departure and Graduation. The M/M scene was just heartbreaking but I loved how both Maj and Bren portrayed the characters emotions PERFECTLY!!

[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2004, 12:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey guys,please add me to the list! FINALLY we could have a thread of our very own. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I'm Sasha btw.I'm 22 from Los Angeles. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Being a Dreamer,Destiny was kind of difficult for me to watch.But compared to the season finale of s2,and s3,that was my favorite.It was such an incredible cliff hanger that left me in suspense that entire summer! Anybody remember? I remember I even had my own countdown till the premiere of s2.lol

Dreamer Candygirl Stargazer Polarist
Old 01-26-2004, 12:35 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] What's worse was that here in India, they showed Destiny in March 2002 and only showed season two in OCTOBER!! Luckily, I do spoilers so i knew everythign that was going to happen in season 2! but it didn;t make me happy! especially the fact that Alex/Isabel broke up.. and that too off screen!!!

[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2004, 02:08 AM
Supreme Fan

Cool thread! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Stephan can i be added! Pwease!
i'm 18 and from Austrailia.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Roswell_Rawker:
<STRONG>
It was such an incredible cliff hanger that left me in suspense that entire summer! Anybody remember? I remember I even had my own countdown till the premiere of s2.lol</STRONG>
You wer'nt alone!! i remember taht summer so well dying for s2 to come and find out what would happen with M/L, start of S2 was pretty messed up for us dreamers!!
Quote:
some religious thing
yeh that was kinda confusing, Rath said it was like the Holy Grail. Mabye because it had such power. perhaps Antar wasnt as advanced as we thought, they only had the one form of transport, but later found other ways, but they knew the Granalith had so much power and possibility and that the people of Antar knew it could be the only way they would be saved from Khivar, because it would bring the true king home...
so many questions so little answers!!

[ 01-26-2004: Message edited DreamingApplesaucer1947 ]
YOR#3
"In August and Everything After I'm After Everything"
Old 01-26-2004, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome to Sasha and Hybrid! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

*pokes Bella randomly*

sHobhnA- Gah love your avie! Evanescence rocks! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I didnt really like Destiny much but I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]d Departure! For me the highlights were the Dreamer Jeep scene and kiss. [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img] And of course Alex and Isabel saying goodbye to each other and the dance ... [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] so sweet. I didnt like Tess much either so I wasnt sad to see her leave.

[ 01-26-2004: Message edited ~-Sarah-~ ]

soljae ♥
Old 01-26-2004, 09:49 AM
Addicted Fan

Hey Everyone! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I have to say "Departure" is definitely one of my top3 Roswell episode! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I watched it over & over (&over &over) again, so I can recite the script & tell you exactly which scene is coming next!

Coldplay's "Trouble" -from the 'blow-up-bob' scene - was on the radio this morning & I swear, it brought tears to my eyes... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

The A/I dancing-on-the-grave (literally) scene makes me well up everytime! I actually can't even watch it anymore b/c I just start bawling like a baby! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

The end of Destiny was pretty cool, though the episode did drag a little... I like the scene where Liz says goodbye to Max & runs off into the middle of nowhere... (where WAS she going & who was gonna give her a ride back to Roswell???)
I felt sorry for poor Max, with his little puppy-dog eyes but he didn't really put up much of a fight to go after her. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Oh, and HOW in the name of sweet divine God above, did Max's trousers manage to stay white through that entire ordeal??? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2004, 09:52 AM
Master Fan

Hey YOR's!! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

OMG!! I really missed a lot over the weekend! I couldn't get near a computer, damn mall! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I just had to go shopping but there were so many sales, I couldn't help it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Let me catch up in general and then I'll go for personal SO's!

S3- I'm sorry to any Isabel fans but I was so tired of her being the main point in so many episodes! I mean had Alex stayed alive, maybe but I dunno. I'm a Dreamer so those were the best scenes and eps for me, (I'm biased I know) [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

OH god, why did someone have to say ITL&ITB! I love that song by Fisher but hated Tess! I really almost hated everything about her! If they had her hook up with Kyle, than maybe I would have been okay with her but coming between Max and Liz made me want to kick her butt from here to Antar! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Granolith- That is something that gets me sometimes. I thought of it as some holy relic that only recognized the King and it was something that showed his power but I dunno!

Kristin- Thanks! I really had a great time! I dunno about you but we got hit hard with a snow storm. There is like 6 inches of snow outside on top of an inch of ice. It's messy!

Lady Sarah- [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] OMG!! That is quite a load! But congrats! I have to applaud you! I hate math and can hold my own but don't separate me from my calculator or I'll go stir mad! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Stephan- good luck on finding a job! It's hard to find a job in your field no matter what it is but I'm sure you;ll find one! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] That's cool that your mom and sister like the show! I got my mom into it too! I think her favorite scene of all time is in the Pilot when Max points up north! She's so goofy! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Geneveive- Um...I dunno if anyone is going to go see the show but I am going to start a thread and see if anyone is interested. I know my friends probably think I am nuts since we have to get up really early to catch our flights the next day but hey, I can always sleep on the plane! OMG!! You have some patience. I can never teach...I have no patience to teach anyone anything plus I'd want to play with kids all day! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] But that's awesome that you do, I know you'll be great teacher!

Sarah- My parents were really over protective when I was younger and they still can be but I'm always like...Hello cell phone! Call me there when your worried. or leave a message and I'll get back to you ASAP! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Sasha- You live in LA!! I'm going to be there on Sunday 2/8 and 2/9! If your not busy, maybe we can meet up or something! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Welcome!

Bella- Babe, so happy to see you over here! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] Come back often and show of some of your great art!

Ok, so I think I am pretty much caught up!
BTW, My bday is Feb. 11! It's coming up soon! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Hey Sara Stokes and Shobna!
Old 01-26-2004, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
The end of Destiny was pretty cool, though the episode did drag a little... I like the scene where Liz says goodbye to Max & runs off into the middle of nowhere... (where WAS she going & who was gonna give her a ride back to Roswell???)
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I always wondered where she was heading when she ran away since it seemed like a really barren desert. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Quote:
I'm sorry to any Isabel fans but I was so tired of her being the main point in so many episodes!
Same here. I thought it was an Isabel overkill. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I loved her in Season 1 though.

soljae ♥
Old 01-26-2004, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~-Sarah-~:
<STRONG>
Same here. I thought it was an Isabel overkill. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I loved her in Season 1 though.</STRONG>
Me too! Hell, at time in S2 but in S3, I was like, boring...can we move on now? I know there is more intersting things going on than those two!