Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Passionate Fan

I've found the recaps & recaplets on TWOP to be quite useful. You still find out what is going on, but you don't have to sit through any tedium. AND They are usually quite snarky so for some shows it's definitely more fun to read the recaps.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Watched Desperate Housewives as per norm. I think the guy in the basement might be the son, that he's somehow not right anymore and perhaps they couldn't, or wouldn't, put him away someplace where he, and they, would be safe. He seemed too young to be the dad, but you only catch a brief glimpse of him. He sure was strong and it was a few heartstopping moments when he broke free. Very glad the son, Mathew, was there to stop him or no doubt he would have seriously harmed the mother.

I am continuing to love Bree, though I'm wondering how George passed the lie detector test, perhaps some drugs to keep him calm? Rather disappointing he passed. And the sarcasm and thinly veiled hatred between Bree and her mother-in-law was funny. Bree's anger at her was very founded and I loved how Bree packed her bags and was waiting by the door to toss her out. The only bad part is that it looks like Bree and George are going to connect up this season.

For a change I am liking Gabriel. She finally realized what an idiot she'd been with John. She almost sacrificed her marriage for a teenage fling who had no problem moving onto an even older lady.

I thought that Lynette was actually pretty blah in this one.

Am I the only one that's getting tired of Susan? She's annoying me more and more lately. I liked that her husband called her on her selfishness. He was dead on. And may I say that I am not looking forward to Susan helping Mike find Zack. That's just one screwed up kid who is only going to complicate and probably annoy me even more.

S2M Did you see Rome? I had totally forgotten how the story went after Pompeii left Rome and why Casear went to Egypt. For some reason I thought Casear went right back to Rome for a while to rule after the campaign in Greece, then to Egypt and Cleopatra later on, but he didn't.
After Casear accepts Brutus and Cato back with open arms and a warm welcome, you can see how hurt Casear would be at the end, "et tu Bruti?" (however you spell it).

And, eww, gross, on the flotation devices Lucius and what'shisname used to get off the sandbar island they were marooned on.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

Taffy Yes, I did watch Rome. Shouldn't it be about over for the season, BTW?

I too was thinking that Caesar ruled for a while before going to Egypt, but that is probably because I think of the story starting with Caesar's love affair with Cleopatra, which begins with her triumphant entry into Rome. That is evidently some time later, although not too much longer.

I have just forgotten most of what happened with Pompeii, although I did remember that he was a "lower class" Roman, which caused some of the problem.

And yeah, that raft was really awful. What I thought worse was how they had their heads down sleeping on that raft, directly under which were the dead bodies.

Spoiled Dreamers - The HEART of FF
Old 10-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Passionate Fan

S2M According to HBO's website there are 12 episodes, we just saw #7, so 5 more to go. I wonder if they end it with Casear's murder?

They did say that it has already been renewed for S2 with another 12 episodes, with production starting in March and S2 premier in 2007! Considering that the first season took over 2 years to make, I'm actually surprised that we'll be getting it that quickly! I guess I'll have to badger hubby for those I, Claudius DVD's for Christmas to tie me over.

I wonder when S1 of Rome comes out on DVD? Doubtful for Christmas this year, too soon. But I absolutely want to get it to see all the behind the scenes stuff. Can you imagine the cut scenes?

I'm betting that they are going to switch Sunday at 9:00 back to the Soprano's next year and then back to Rome in 2007.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:06 PM
Absolute Fan

for you LOST viewers
The Hanso Foundation
and Dharma Initiative video
Old 10-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Absolute Fan

Evening guys

Regarding “Desperate Housewives”, I would probably quit watching except there isn’t anything on against it that I have much interest in. The only two storylines I’d like to see the resolution of is the “who’s in the basement” and the Bree/Dead Rex/PsychoticGeorge storyline. I figure old Georgie passed that test cause he has no conscience. As far as Susan goes, I was sick of her the first episode. I hate pratfall comedy and she’s a walking slapstick. Eat a donut already.

As far as “Alias”, I also recorded last week’s episode and never watched it. Bleh, just not interested at all.

I’m still waiting for my phone company to set up my DSL. They sent me the equipment and internet info, but a service guy has to come out and switch out one of our phone jacks, since I have a separate line for my dial-up.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:25 AM
Master Fan

Hi SD's Rainy weather and chilly too.

Star

CC DSL
Old 10-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Passionate Fan

navami, it's still nice here. In fact very nice. Low to mid-80's all week and not a cloud in the sky. It's a litte cool at night and early morning. Spring and fall are the best times of the year here. I wish we had the fall colors though. We don't get much in fall foilage.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread