Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2021, 09:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Literally nothing they thought about Tess made any sense, it's a good thing they didn't have any real enemies show up at that time, because these kids were hopeless!
Exactly They were so far off the track.
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 08-06-2021, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

As much as I loved the last 6 eps of s1, there was a lot of silliness going through the gang's minds.
Old 08-06-2021, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It wasn't just those eps though, they were like that a lot of the time
Old 08-06-2021, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

very true.

It's a good thing I can't remember s3 because that season would be way more than s1.
Old 08-07-2021, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, I don't think they even explained how Max found out there was a spaceship beneath that gas station, which was pretty stupid anyway!
Old 08-07-2021, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

I wished in season 3 they did explain more about the alien lore , the spaceship, Langley giving more explanation (even a peek of a flash max would get from his son and Tess on Antar) and less about the marriage of Isabel and Jesse....like what was the point of marrying her off so quickly to an unknown character??
Old 08-07-2021, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I honestly have no idea what the writers were trying to achieve in season 3
Old 08-07-2021, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea, shouldn't a space ship be in a top secret gov't facility? Don't tell me the gov't doesn't have the room to house it

With Jesse/Isabel, I think it is very, very tough to get viewers to care about a couple that has already met/ is already together when a season or series begins. Viewers like to see the moment people meet and the sparks fly etc. They want to see the falling in love part. No one was going to like Jesse/Isabel when we didn't get to see them meet and when people still had Alex/Isabel on their minds.
Old 08-07-2021, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

For Isabel and Jessie I feel like they needed more flashbacks and maybe an episode showcasing how they met or how they cared for each other. The fashback we got in season 3 in Busted was not enough and it left a bad tase in my mouth. I mean here she was sneaking around with one of her Dad's lawyers.

I would have loved to have seen how they first met. I hate ho they just threw them at us especially after Alex's death and were like ok now like them.

I feel if we saw Jessie helping Isabel deal with the grief over Alex then it would have been better or how he cared for her then maybe it would have been better.

However I didn't like the fact that Isabel lied to Jessie about who she was. (Ok I get it the love of her life was killed by the dead dark secret) but I felt Isabel trusted Alex enough to share all of her secrets with him and he loved her for her.

I mean I shipped Grant more with Isabel before Jessie with Isabel. I even ship Isabel with Kyle then Jessie.

To mean season 3 does not exist. There are only two episodes I like and either then that the season was a train wreak. It made season 2 look like a walk in the park and season 2 was pretty bad towards the end. For me season 2 lost its way after Surprise but Season 3 I was like what were they thinking.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 08-08-2021, 06:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I agree about the problems with Isabel/Jesse, it made me wonder if the writers even really wanted us to root for them considering they really didn't put much effort into them. Honestly, it felt to me that Isabel was just forcing herself into the human life she felt like she needed & it wasn't really true love for her
Old 08-08-2021, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
it felt to me that Isabel was just forcing herself into the human life she felt like she needed & it wasn't really true love for her
I agree.

And I also think by the time s3 came around the writers didn't care about the characters so they wouldn't care about the audience being invested.
Old 08-08-2021, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I mean they sort of implied that in season 2 in the episode Viva Las Vegas when she crashes the wedding for Glen and Tracey by being their Maid of Honor and catches the bouquet and get with the best man David how she was so desperate to find love and a normal human love.

However to throw Jessie on us like they did in season 3 and expect the fans to be on board was so wrong. They should of built up to it then it wouldn't of seemed like a train wreck and maybe people would of liked Jessie.

I think the Isabel Jessie ship gets no love at all. No one liked them together.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 08-09-2021, 05:20 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, Jessie was a total catastrophe, and I still can't get over the fact, that the writers tried to make us forget that Isabel was suppose to be 18!!! Her hair style changes and wedding and everything just seemed like they were trying to make us believe she was way older that she was.
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 08-09-2021, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I really have no idea what the writers motives were with how they wrote Isabel in s3

Old 08-09-2021, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I would've loved a Nasedo flashback episode to show us his life on the run and everything he did after the crash, like moving the pods and hiding the book.