Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2004, 03:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucy Pearl:

I think it represents the first season more. It gives off that way-too-serious-for-it's-own-good thing that the season had. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Oh, man! They got the good picture! And instead we get a not-so-hot picture of Max and a come hither Liz.

Thanks for the link. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Even if it is depressing. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

jayta: I was going through my eBookman today, and I discovered I hadn't read your last chapter! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/jaw_drop.gif[/img] Oops! Things are really heating up! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] And when I read "Quirinius", I kept thinking of a certain Governor of Syria.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

ukspacegirl: You'd best get back here. Dobs's back teeth are probably floating by now. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kathy W:
<STRONG>jayta: I was going through my eBookman today, and I discovered I hadn't read your last chapter! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/jaw_drop.gif[/img] Oops! Things are really heating up! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] And when I read "Quirinius", I kept thinking of a certain Governor of Syria.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] How could you? [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img] j/k!

It definitely is. Actually I'm pretty much done my next two chapters, but I have to put the finishing touches on them. You might get a chapter by the end of the week.

Govenor of Syria [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/embarrassment.gif[/img] Sorry to say that went *right* over my head! [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Whaa? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] What does Que have anything to do with GoS?
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 02-11-2004, 09:24 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jayta:

Whaa? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] What does Que have anything to do with GoS?
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It's in the Christmas story. Luke I think. Or maybe Matthew. The part about the decree going out that all the people should be taxed, and how Joseph had to leave Nazareth for Bethlehem, the City of David because he was of the house and line of David. And the decree was given while Quirinius was Governor of Syria. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 04:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh my goodness!

Reinforcements have arrived! Dobson, consider yourself officially off duty.. (thanks, BTW..)

I'm still on fly-by (I watched Top Gun recently - so I'm seeing myself zooming past in Maverick's plane..)

I think it will be great to see the DVDs with the commentaries over them.. it's always great to get further insight into favourite shows, and maybe something of what they were really thinking [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Hmm. About the blonde thing.. it's horrible that the pretty, sexy girls have to be accused of being 'bad.' Not that it applies to me anyway, I'm a redhead [img]smilies/mischief.gif[/img] which makes me automatically bad, - or at the very least, naughty, I guess [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

Anyway, I will be flying by again very soon.

Kathy, Mone, Lucy, Dobs, Jayta, Mere, TSW, Bandbabe [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It's in the Christmas story. Luke I think. Or maybe Matthew. The part about the decree going out that all the people should be taxed, and how Joseph had to leave Nazareth for Bethlehem, the City of David because he was of the house and line of David. And the decree was given while Quirinius was Governor of Syria. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/hammer_head.gif[/img] Oooooooohhhhh, yeahhhh! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Stupid stupid. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

But I had no idea you were going to jump to bible references... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

*whispers*

If you hadn't noticed, not a lot of the RAs seem to spout biblical references too often...

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

But I totally get it now [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 07:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Part 45 is up. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Alien Sky--Part 45

ukspacegirl: Good to see you! I'm sure Dobs is thrilled to see you. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by jayta:

*whispers*

If you hadn't noticed, not a lot of the RAs seem to spout biblical references too often...
That includes me. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

DVD's: According to a poster on this board who already has the DVD's, there is a note inside confirming the release of S2 this summer! Yipee! [img]smilies/slinkie.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

This from the POD thread (excerpt from a review from Amazon):

"The only other real disappointment was the change in some of the songs within the episodes. 'Heatwave' doesn't seem the same without Santana pounding out 'Put Your Lights On' during Michael and Maria's first heavy make-out scene. And while the 'new cutting-edge song' that the Roswell music team found for that scene at the window in 'Independence Day' was an appropriate song, I kept hearing 'Run' in my head while Michael stood outside in the rain."

What?! No "Run"? I guess I can stand substitute make-out music for the beginning of Heat Wave, but I'll really miss "Run".

I will really be ticked if "I Will Love You" goes awol in the S2 set.... [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
<STRONG>I will really be ticked if "I Will Love You" goes awol in the S2 set.... [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]</STRONG>
WHAT?? NO!! Never! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] I will die if that happens. I bought the Fisher CD because of that song being played in that scene! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

After watching HOM again, I've started wondering what it would be like to live on Antar and go swimming in water with the consistency of jello. You know, the scene where Max and Tess are sitting on the bed trying to remember and Max is picturing the water, remembering how things look and smell and feel and he blurts out "jello".

Hmmm. What would it be like to swim in jello?

[img]smilies/idea.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mischief.gif[/img]

I wonder how many packages of jello it would take to fill up my bathtub. I guess you have to multiply the length times the width times the height to get the volume. Somebody help me out here 'cause I'm sure not going to ask anyone at school if that's the correct formula. There are some things better kept to oneself. If I get the volume then I have to convert that to what? Gallons?

Guess it's a good thing I don't have a pool in my back yard because in the interest of scientific research I would simply have to conduct an on site experiment.

[img]smilies/mischief.gif[/img] However, there are public pools. In my misguided youth I was known to scale a few walls in the interest of swimming where swimming was forbidden. I remember the time....maybe it would be better if I don't remember. I am now a responsible adult. Still, if anyone can help me with the mathematical formula, I can set up a hypothetical situation and speculate on just how it would feel to jump off the diving board into a pool full of jello. Red jello of course, like on Antar.

[img]smilies/thud.gif[/img] Ouch! I think my guardian angel just whacked me for thinking such irresponsible thoughts. Or maybe it's belated revenge for the time I tied all my sister's Christmas angels to the ceiling fan because I wanted to watch them fly. Aerodynamically speaking, they didn't fare too well.

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited Algieba ]
Old 02-12-2004, 10:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Algieba:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/thud.gif[/img] Ouch! I think my guardian angel just whacked me for thinking such irresponsible thoughts. Or maybe it's belated revenge for the time I tied all my sister's Christmas angels to the ceiling fan because I wanted to watch them fly. Aerodynamically speaking, they didn't fare too well.</STRONG>
Algieba, you make me laugh so hard!!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/roller.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I can just imagine the angels flying out from the ceiling fan! And my goodness, what a daring youth you were! Getting into swimming places! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Let's see. One package of jello for 2 cups water. Two cups = 1 pint. Two pints = 1 quart. 4 quarts = 1 gallon. So 8 packages of jello per gallon. A typical bath uses 43 gallons of water. So 344 packages of red jello should do it for your own personal bath experiment! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Now for a swimming pool.... [img]smilies/spineyes.gif[/img]

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited Citrus and Vine ]
Old 02-13-2004, 11:06 AM
Addicted Fan

Hi to all! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

The jello talk is making me hungry... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Maybe swimming in jello-like water is easier because you don't sink so fast... So you can relax... paddle a little and watch "the most beautiful girl [Zan] had ever seen" (tm Larek/Brody/Zan). [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>ukspacegirl: Good to see you! I'm sure Dobs is thrilled to see you. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
He disappeared into the bathroom rather quickly. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

On the DVD music subject... I don't really like the use of the latest and coolest chart music on a tv show. *hugs Fisher album* I Will Love You is a big exception for me. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I prefer shows that come with their own score and their own title song (makes the whole product tighter and more unique) and I prefer instrumental pieces as background music (especially in a scene with dialogue). However, I understand why fans of these songs/scenes are unhappy. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I also downloaded the MP3 of I Will Love You which was copyrighted - so I always assumed that it was legally put on the web by the band or record company for promotional reasons. (It worked - I bought the album.) If they indeed offer it online for free, it's possible that they will allow the DVD PTB to use it. I hope. Still not planning to buy any Roswell DVDs - but the Rebel Theme has to stay. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] On the other hand... Using a chilling horror movie score in all M/T scenes might help to reduce the How? What? How? effect of Departure. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

The Japanese covers are indeed better - not as misleading as the R1 version.

So Season 2 is in the works? Hmmm... How do I get TPTB to have Emilie and Colin do a season overview or the audio commentary on the "Alex arc" episodes? I think it would be absolutely hilarious to have these two discuss their acting choices. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Colin: "So Emilie, why did you decide to play Tess all loving and sweet in this crucial Tess-is-planning-to-murder-them-all scene? Why not going for something more ambiguous?"

Emilie: "I DON't KNOW, COLIN. Why is your Alex so perfectly normal and happy?"

Colin: *sigh*

Emilie: *sigh*

TPTB: Kids!

Emilie: Oops, sorry. I loved this story - it was a real challenge for me to have my character go bad. It gave me the chance to show more of my acting skills... sort of.

Colin: Yeah, the inner angst and confusion my character is going through... Oh, here I sit in the library and read a book in a totally conflicted and tortured kind of way!

...and so on. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2004, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

Kathy: [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] Great. I am going to go read it after I post [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Yeah. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Why is that? Biblical references are always a source of *fun* quoting [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img] [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

ETA: Just read it. Oooh, interesting. Enjoying it lots! [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img] I still can't believe Valeris is dead. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Ack. I can't wait to find out what happens! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] Good job [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Algieba: Oh my gosh! [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] Your kids must love having a teacher like you [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] You are sooooo funny! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

*wipes away tears*

[ 02-13-2004: Message edited jayta ]

[ 02-13-2004: Message edited jayta ]
Old 02-13-2004, 02:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hee, Mone! I would love to see a Emilie/Colin commentary. Especially if it goes like that. lol

I admit, the only song I'm worried about is Six Underground in TLV. I can see the Sneaker Pimps holding out. Whatever they choose to put in it's place better be good.

[ 02-13-2004: Message edited Lucy Pearl ]
Old 02-13-2004, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

HA!

*jumps into the RA forum*

Yeessss it's me! [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/mischief.gif[/img]

All my loverly RA's who have treated me so well...okay, except Dobs *glare* [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]

Well guess what?

I *finally* have my long awaited update.

I hope you guys appreciate the long, agonizing, heartwrenching, minddraining toil it took to write this thing and the blood, sweat and tears I spilt [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Well enough of the chit chat. Here it is.

Chapter 61
Old 02-13-2004, 09:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yippee! It's the weekend and I have all these lovely fanfics to catch up on. I'm way behind but I enjoy reading them so much.

Citrus, I grew up in a fairly small town in a kinder, gentler time than most of those posting here. Kids got to be kids without the dangers that so many face today. I managed to stay away from the smoking, drinking, drugging crowd so I never got into any serious trouble.
My escapades done today would probably get me into a lot of trouble just because everything today can lead to more serious consequences. Back then, they were just fun. Besides, I never got caught.

Unlike certain Roswellians I know of. Sean should have known that schools have silent alarms and motion detectors. And what did Kyle think would happen when he didn't show up for detention in VLV? A phone call to his father was a given. What was it with Max and Liz in HW running back into a building being raided by the police and fire department? Didn't they think the others would have enough sense to hastily leave the premises? And accepting bottles of liquor from a total stranger as the police rush in? If I was dumb enough to take it, I'd at least have dropped it like a hot potato when I saw what it was.

My hometown was a lot like Roswell, big enough so you didn't know everyone but small enough that there were many friendly citizens keeping an eye out for us. I think that's one of the reasons I like Roswell so much. It's a lot like home. I had a friend whose father was a police chief. The jail was empty a lot so my friend gave a party once for us and locked us in the jail for fun. Not much in the way of serious crime ever happened that I knew of. Kind of like Mayberry. I could walk on the beach at night with no fear. Today, people get killed on the beach if they venture out alone at night. What a different world we live in now.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Tess Shipper Whore:

WHAT?? NO!! Never! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] I will die if that happens.
I haven't heard that it is happening. I just had a pessimistic moment. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Algieba:

Guess it's a good thing I don't have a pool in my back yard because in the interest of scientific research I would simply have to conduct an on site experiment.
Kinky. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Or maybe it's belated revenge for the time I tied all my sister's Christmas angels to the ceiling fan because I wanted to watch them fly. Aerodynamically speaking, they didn't fare too well.
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Algieba's Sister: Mooooooom! She's killing my angels!

Algieba: *sensibly* You can't kill angels. They were never alive to begin with.

Algieba's Sister: MOOOOOOM!

Quote:
Citrus and Vine:

One package of jello for 2 cups water. Two cups = 1 pint. Two pints = 1 quart. 4 quarts = 1 gallon. So 8 packages of jello per gallon. A typical bath uses 43 gallons of water. So 344 packages of red jello should do it for your own personal bath experiment!
I'd like to offer you money for one or both of the following:

1. Some of the time you have on yours hands. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

2. Your math ability. I was absent the day math ability was passed out. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
Mone:

However, I understand why fans of these songs/scenes are unhappy.
Hey, some of them might even get better. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] For example, I've never liked the Gomez song at the end of Heat Wave, so its reported absence is unlikely to bother me. I might prefer the replacement.

jayta: More story! Off to d/l! [img]smilies/chase.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread