Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2004, 12:20 PM
New Fan

Honestly, I personally don't think the Maria/Michael thing worked well. Michael and Liz were much better together. At least as friends. And Max late season 2 and season 3 was unlikable. Damn the writers fro messing up the show.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:47 PM
Banned

Can I be added to the list? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2004, 03:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
But then again it always comes back to the writers are stupid brainless men
Why of course! That’s one of the reasons Roswell got cancelled.
In the coolest and funniest postscript to a Phil-over ever, right after he says "eliminated," we cut to a guy dressed all in black holding a whip. And he cracks it. So it's like, "May be eliminated [whhh-pchhhh!]." That was awesome. It made Philimination sound so dangerous. And sexy.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hey to all the Polarists!!!!

I updated the polar roll call so everyone that has asked should be up.

hugs,
Denise
Old 02-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Banned

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Denise, could you put my real name next to my username? I've got several aliases....certain people who use the same screen name both here and at EZ Board probably don't know who I am. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 10:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Tess shipper whore: I put your real name on the list next to Tess shipper whore. Is that fine?

hugs,
Denise
Old 02-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Beeeyaaatch:
<STRONG>Honestly, I personally don't think the Maria/Michael thing worked well. Michael and Liz were much better together. At least as friends. And Max late season 2 and season 3 was unlikable. Damn the writers fro messing up the show.</STRONG>
I never was a fan of Michael and Maria, just didn't rub me the right way. I was a M/L fan, but ending up just hating them. Not b/c of Max, just b/c of the whole relationship was lame to me. I still had wished Michael would have dumped Maria and hooked up with Liz! That would have been worth watching [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

daryl჌beth
Old 02-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Master Fan

Hi Polarist....

I stopped by when the last thread was up, but was unable to keep up, But I would love to be put up on the polar list.. please...

and if anyone would be soo kind I am trying to find the caps from the last scene in MTTM, the one you all have been talking about and I was wondering if anyone out there has them, Cause well, they are not at the Screen Grab Gallery...

Thanks

Jen
Old 02-10-2004, 04:34 PM
Banned

Try the Crash-down site. It's just www.crash-down.com....but without the dash. Hope that made sense. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I'm pretty sure that's one of the sites that would become stars......

Yeah, it's great, thanks Denise. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I actually have an odd story about how I became a Polarist....
Old 02-11-2004, 05:36 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Polarists!!

Thanks for the update, Denise.

Aleah, I believe the crashdown link has changed. I think it;s now crashdown.com
just remove the * in the link. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Well, I'm a Candy so I'll just stay mum about that......

[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2004, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]Hi, Polarists!

Wow, I haven't been here in this thread for a long time. How is everyone doing?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ice Queen follower:
<STRONG>the other day when SCIFI had the little marathon, i still love the part at the end of MTTM, after Liz tells them they have Max, Isabel pushes Liz to Michael and he holds her [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] that was always my most favorite part [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
-Hey, I just happened to rewatch this eppy a couple nights ago on my tapes and I noticed the same thing! It's kinda sweet even though they never were a couple on the show! I think that there were definitely building blocks there for a relationship to form. By the end of season 2, M/L was just a fiasco to me. I was so angry with how the writers directed that relationship. I think it would have been interesting if Liz had turned to Michael, instead of Sean, during this time and something began to grow out of their friendship and into season 3. I mean to have Michael sleep with Maria in the end of season 2 only to have her dump him in season 3 was ridiculous. It would have made an interesting storyline arc to have Michael and Liz become closer over similar but different circumstances. Liz would have been feeling betrayed after Max had slept with Tess and Michael would have been feeling hurt/confused because of Maria sending him mixed messages by sleeping with him in one eppy and telling him "we're no longer linked!" in the next. It also would have tested Liz/Maria's friendship. In my opinion, Michael and Maria just never got on together. I liked watching them at first because it was funny when they would argue sometimes. But, then I got so sick and tired of their constant bickering I felt like shouting at the T.V screen "Just grow up!"

As I was watching reruns, here are a few polarist moments were I am really touched by Michael/Liz's concern for each other or other incidents that occured in the show:

(a) The Morning After: After Liz discovered Michael's file in Topolsky's possession, she went to warn Michael out of immediate concern for his safety. I didn't agree with Max that Liz shouldn't have gone to tell Michael, even though he reacts without thinking alot of times. I think her reasons were justified when she explained it to Max. I thought it was neat because I thought Michael let his guard down a little bit after Liz came out all that way to warn him when he said to her "This is where I live..." He even showed concern in how Hank may have treated her when she first arrived there.

(b) Missing: After Michael returned Liz's journal to her, he thanks her for giving him one more reason to envy Max Evans. At that moment, I think Michael realized what kind of a person Liz actually was and he held a new respect and admiration for her. At the end of the episode, he finds out that Liz didn't go through with telling Max who actually took the journal! You could tell by the expression on his face that he really appreciated it even though he didn't expect her to keep it a secret from Max.

(c) Ties, Lies, and Videotape: Although Tess was apparently sending Max flashes of them being together through mindwarping, I never quite understood how she could have made him kiss her out in the rain. Even Michael knew it was wrong and showed immediate concern and regard for Liz when Max showed up at his apartment:

"First, you're having secret meetings with Valenti behind my back, and now you're kissing Tess behind Liz's"

"You know the thing that I can't understand right now is that I use to admire you...you were solid someone I could trust even more than I could trust myself...AND LIZ TRUSTED YOU.

Also, it was Michael that asked Maria to go and talk to Liz after her confrontation with Max in the back of the Crashdown at her locker. Maria: Michael said that you needed to talk to someone, that you needed a friend....

(d) Destiny: When Michael stops Max from trying to stop Liz at the very end of the eppy and says "you gotta let her go!" I got the feeling that he was totally in sink with Liz on this one because he walked away from Maria so she wouldn't get hurt and Liz selflessly walked away from Max so he could follow his destiny. Once again, I think another moment of respect and admiration from Michael for Liz.

(e) Summer of '47, Michael was hard on Liz in the beginning of this eppy when he snapped at her but in the end of the eppy his apology to her was sincere and from the heart. Not at all like the concocted apologies Maria received. I think another reason Michael and Maria never worked is because Maria always had the tendancy to bring out the defensive side of Michael. He always felt like he had to be who she wanted him to be which was Max. Which i find really funny because in the end it was Max who gave into weakness and slept with Tess when things weren't going well with Liz and not Michael who actually went through with it and slept with Courtney or Isabel when things were going sour with her. Like he said in Crazy: "What I want to know is, if I'm such a looser than why do you want to be with me"? Good question and a question Maria was never able to answer.

(f) Departure: I found the beginning of this episode amusing when Max, Michael, Isabel, and Tess were at the pod chamber preparing the granolith to take them back home. It was Michael who brought up the question of how could they just leave with this Leanna person still out there? Liz was the first name that he mentioned in his concern: "I mean, what's to stop her from killing Liz? Or Valenti, Kyle, and Maria?" Funny, that Maria's name wasn't mentioned first but Liz's was!

-Really sorry this rant was so long, it's just that I haven't been here in a really long time and I wanted to share all of that! I'll try to come around again soon! Bye for now. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:27 AM
New Fan

Hi! I'm also a Polarist! Crazy polish Polarist. I think that Michael and Liz are just perfect togother... On our polish forum xcom I've even put some ff. Mickey and Liz are just like water and fire, dangerous but powerful togother...

Old 02-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>
(a) The Morning After: After Liz discovered Michael's file in Topolsky's possession, she went to warn Michael out of immediate concern for his safety. I didn't agree with Max that Liz shouldn't have gone to tell Michael, even though he reacts without thinking alot of times. I think her reasons were justified when she explained it to Max. I thought it was neat because I thought Michael let his guard down a little bit after Liz came out all that way to warn him when he said to her "This is where I live..." He even showed concern in how Hank may have treated her when she first arrived there.</STRONG>
I agree also, Michael had the right to know about that file. It was HIS file after all, not Max's. It was weird though seeing Liz already having so much concern for Michael only alittle while after they officially met. Before Liz got shot she never hung out with that crowd, so she didn't know him. But for her to only be around him a couple times and then her ending up with so much concern about his well being she went to him. You could see with Michael's reactions that he was actually happy Liz came to him, instead of Max. B/c Max would most likely wouldn't tell him anyway.

Quote:
<STRONG>
(b) Missing: After Michael returned Liz's journal to her, he thanks her for giving him one more reason to envy Max Evans. At that moment, I think Michael realized what kind of a person Liz actually was and he held a new respect and admiration for her. At the end of the episode, he finds out that Liz didn't go through with telling Max who actually took the journal! You could tell by the expression on his face that he really appreciated it even though he didn't expect her to keep it a secret from Max.</STRONG>
I always thought of this as a good Polarist episode. Michael stealing the journal from Liz wasn't like him wanting to know what she wrote really, it was the matter he wanted to know if he could trust and like her better. It would have been different if she had wrote something like "oh those three are so disguesting i dont want to pretend i like them anymore, just because max saved me". No she didn't write anything like that. And Michael being the one who stole it and not like Isabel or any human, it showed that he NEEDED to TRUST LIZ. To make sure she was as real as she seemed to be. And he did end up trusting her.

Quote:
<STRONG>
(c) Ties, Lies, and Videotape: Although Tess was apparently sending Max flashes of them being together through mindwarping, I never quite understood how she could have made him kiss her out in the rain. Even Michael knew it was wrong and showed immediate concern and regard for Liz when Max showed up at his apartment:

"First, you're having secret meetings with Valenti behind my back, and now you're kissing Tess behind Liz's"

"You know the thing that I can't understand right now is that I use to admire you...you were solid someone I could trust even more than I could trust myself...AND LIZ TRUSTED YOU.

Also, it was Michael that asked Maria to go and talk to Liz after her confrontation with Max in the back of the Crashdown at her locker. Maria: Michael said that you needed to talk to someone, that you needed a friend....</STRONG>
Yes, I loved how Michael showed more concern about Liz than the Tess problem. He really showed that he did care about her. I would have liked it if Michael went to comfort her, but at that time she needed her 'girlfriend'. So there Michael sending Maria up to Liz was out of another concern for Liz.

Quote:
<STRONG>
(d) Destiny: When Michael stops Max from trying to stop Liz at the very end of the eppy and says "you gotta let her go!" I got the feeling that he was totally in sink with Liz on this one because he walked away from Maria so she wouldn't get hurt and Liz selflessly walked away from Max so he could follow his destiny. Once again, I think another moment of respect and admiration from Michael for Liz.
</STRONG>
During this episode it was sad all around. Michael did show alot of concern for Liz, even before they left for the Pod Chamber. And in The White Room, that look they shared after Liz said 'bring him back to me'. After Liz ran out and Michael stopped Max from going after her, I thought there was another spot where Michael showed his concern for Liz. Because he wasn't pulling Max back for his own well-being. He was doing it for Liz, so that she could leave and not have to cry about it anymore.

Quote:
<STRONG>
(e) Summer of '47, Michael was hard on Liz in the beginning of this eppy when he snapped at her but in the end of the eppy his apology to her was sincere and from the heart. Not at all like the concocted apologies Maria received. I think another reason Michael and Maria never worked is because Maria always had the tendancy to bring out the defensive side of Michael. He always felt like he had to be who she wanted him to be which was Max. Which i find really funny because in the end it was Max who gave into weakness and slept with Tess when things weren't going well with Liz and not Michael who actually went through with it and slept with Courtney or Isabel when things were going sour with her. Like he said in Crazy: "What I want to know is, if I'm such a looser than why do you want to be with me"? Good question and a question Maria was never able to answer.</STRONG>
I was upset with Michael's attitude towards Liz in the beginning part of this ep. but it was mainly he was pissed about different things. And when your pissed you take it out on people you care about. But the ending of this episode, I loved. His apology to her, was sweet. And her saying, I like it after he said he did it on his own. That was sweet.

Yea in Crazy when Michael said that, and Maria didn't give him an answer, he should have just left her. Maria was only with him for the make-out buddy. And plus anyone can think they are in love, but really arent.

Quote:
<STRONG>
(f) Departure: I found the beginning of this episode amusing when Max, Michael, Isabel, and Tess were at the pod chamber preparing the granolith to take them back home. It was Michael who brought up the question of how could they just leave with this Leanna person still out there? Liz was the first name that he mentioned in his concern: "I mean, what's to stop her from killing Liz? Or Valenti, Kyle, and Maria?" Funny, that Maria's name wasn't mentioned first but Liz's was!

</STRONG>
Yea I really liked how he said Liz first. There again showed his deep concern for Liz. Yea know if you really watch and understand the whole show, Michael has more respect and concern and LOVE for Liz than Max or Maria ever did.

Liz was the first one for Michael to break away part of his wall. If you watched he always put Liz first. Which that was really sweet.

daryl჌beth
Old 02-13-2004, 01:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

GrhmLz, awesome post I agree with you totally.

Quote:
Originally posted by GrhmLz:
<STRONG>

Also, it was Michael that asked Maria to go and talk to Liz after her confrontation with Max in the back of the Crashdown at her locker. Maria: Michael said that you needed to talk to someone, that you needed a friend....</STRONG>
I want to add another moment that I consider Polar in this episode. When Liz goes to Tess's house wearing the camera and it gets cut off the first person that said they had to get her out was Michael. This really suprise me because I thought the person that would say that first would be Maria and Alex. But Michael did and he even convinced them that they needed to help her if she was in danger. This show to me that Michael cared a lot of about Liz even to risk being exposed.

hugs,
Denise
Old 02-13-2004, 02:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Denise:
<STRONG>
I want to add another moment that I consider Polar in this episode. When Liz goes to Tess's house wearing the camera and it gets cut off the first person that said they had to get her out was Michael. This really suprise me because I thought the person that would say that first would be Maria and Alex. But Michael did and he even convinced them that they needed to help her if she was in danger. This show to me that Michael cared a lot of about Liz even to risk being exposed.

hugs,
Denise</STRONG>
Yep. He kept insisting that they get her out. It was SO sweet of him. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] I love it when he was angry at Max for kissing Tess.

Heather- [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Great post! Big ITA!
In the coolest and funniest postscript to a Phil-over ever, right after he says "eliminated," we cut to a guy dressed all in black holding a whip. And he cracks it. So it's like, "May be eliminated [whhh-pchhhh!]." That was awesome. It made Philimination sound so dangerous. And sexy.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread