Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2004, 01:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Interesting question, Linda Claudia Behr. Just what would have happened if Nasedo had never found Max, Michael and Isabel?

First, Tess would have never found them either. Since it was imperative that the four be together in order to have enough power to foil their enemies, it might have been disastrous. However, Nasedo more than made up for his one redeeming act, that of bringing Tess back into their lives by using Tess to carry out his plan to betray the others.

He impersonated Max and killed a federal agent just to "send a message" to the Special Unit, thus precipitating their capture of Max. He helped to free Max but that would not have been necessary if he hadn't helped to get Max caught in the first place.

He taught Michael how to use his powers but Tess could have done the same thing over time.

I think they all would have figured out how to use the orbs to retrieve the message from Mom eventually. Nasedo didn't even want them to do that. When the Skins showed up, Nasedo was no help. He couldn't even protect himself much less the royal four. Although having Max give him an order not to kill anyone else probably greatly reduced his ability to use the necessary force against the Skin who killed him. Poetic justice, if you ask me. Nasedo, who was plotting to betray the king, got killed because his king was trying to show mercy toward their enemies.

And where was Langley in all this? Did he sit back and watch the royal four blunder through Nasedo's lack of guidance and protection? Maybe Langley was hoping that Nasedo would succeed so he would be rid of his responsibility. Then he could continue his happy Hollywood lifestyle minus the irritation of the unfinished business of protecting the hope of salvation for his former planet.

Thanks for the great screencaps, Citrus. The first time I saw Tess in the pod was when I started caring more about her. No matter what evil was attributed to her later, I will never be able to think of her without remembering that she was the only one of the four who was left behind and abandoned to the care of a shapeshifting killer. I can see where Max, Isabel and Michael couldn't, as children, know how to help her, so they left her behind. But even Michael had a better chance at a normal life than she did. At least Michael had Max and Isabel to turn to. Tess spent her entire life running, in fear for her life, with no humans to care for her. What a strange childhood that must have been.

*Horizon*. The episode, How the Other Half Lives, was one of my favorites primarily because everyone was working together against a common enemy. Even Liz and Tess were able to work together and gave each other a big hug when Kyle and Alex were freed from the Gandarium cave. I would much rather have seen them as friends.

In fact, I would much rather the show do without the theme of betrayal among themselves and instead concentrate on the numerous enemies that were trying to destroy them. Why is it that so many tv shows like to have some highly trusted person surprise everyone at the end of the season by turning out to be the hated traitor? Is that really what sells tv shows?

I don't think Max would have healed Liz, fetch, if he was already in love with Tess. He said he did it because "It was you" to Liz, so we knew he saved her because he already loved her and couldn't bear the thought of her losing her life "before her time". If the show was going to be about the romance of Max and Liz, they would have to have had Max and Tess feel about each other the same way Michael and Isabel did.

[ 04-04-2004: Message edited Algieba ]
Algieba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Also what would happen if Max being evil instead of good? I also know that there was one like that (Max to the Max)

[ 04-05-2004: Message edited *Horizon* ]

"There's nothing that we cannot do beneath a canopy of stars..."
from Shining Light by ASH (Roswell soundtrack)
*Horizon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:53 PM
Extreme Fan

I like the 3 Podsters. They were the originals when the show first aired. Love them....
Old 04-05-2004, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady2theMax:
<STRONG>I like the 3 Podsters. They were the originals when the show first aired. Love them....</STRONG>
Yay! Go away. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I'm sure you can start your own thread for the "three" aliens, you know.
CanonsAreWorthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Loyal Fan

more screencaps from LongTimeFan [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Citrus and Vine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 05:52 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Algieba rocks! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 05:58 AM
Supreme Fan

Linda Claudia Behr- Ooooooo, what a pretty stomach!! I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the silver handprint that started it all. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

LIZ: So when you healed me you risked all of this getting out didn't you?
MAX: Yea.
LIZ: Why??
MAX: It was you.
Icon: ?
~*Sonia E.*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 06:01 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Me too! This pic makes me crazy...

Old 04-07-2004, 06:06 AM
Supreme Fan

I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] that pic too. It was always one of my favorite Max scenes in S1 that made me [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] him. I guess Liz felt the same way too. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2004, 06:13 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

I guess lots of girls and women felt the same way too! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Bonus!

Old 04-07-2004, 06:21 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] Max pics Linda Claudia Behr. You're bringing back such beautiful memories for me!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2004, 07:21 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] more Pod Squad screencaps by LongTimeFan [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-07-2004: Message edited Citrus and Vine ]
Citrus and Vine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 10:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

I like the screencaps!

"There's nothing that we cannot do beneath a canopy of stars..."
from Shining Light by ASH (Roswell soundtrack)
*Horizon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the caps [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2004, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

Pod Squad, eh?

There's a new Fab Four...
that we know so well...
they crashed the scene...
down in West Roswell...
they stole our hearts...