Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2005, 10:24 AM
Ultimate Fan

Still no word on Thicket.

Looking forward to a long weekend...

Later,
There are no accidents! Everything happens for a reason.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Here comes a blast from the past ! Hi there OTO's Remember me? It's been soooo long since I been to the boards! My life has been so I can't begin to tell you !

Anyways, I justed wanted to drop in and say and send out my thoughts and prayers to anyone who has been affected by Hurricane Katrina.

I plan on trying to get back in touch with everyone and post.

Hope all is well.

D2D

Dreamer, Frary Shipper,

Icon by Sourburst
Old 09-02-2005, 12:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Sneaking back in here for a moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jero
Still no word on Thicket.
Jero- I know, I'm worried....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare2Dream
Here comes a blast from the past ! Hi there OTO's Remember me? It's been soooo long since I been to the boards! My life has been so I can't begin to tell you !

Anyways, I justed wanted to drop in and say and send out my thoughts and prayers to anyone who has been affected by Hurricane Katrina.

I plan on trying to get back in touch with everyone and post.

Hope all is well.

D2D
D2D!!- OMG!!! You're alive!! How goes it my one time roomie? I hope you get another chance to check, cos I'd love to hear how things are going.

Ok, I'm sneaking back out now...
Old 09-02-2005, 02:18 PM
Passionate Fan

OTOs.

I had an unusual experience this morning. When I went out to trim and mow the yard, a bird started following me around. I guess he figured that I would be stirring up some bugs and he would get an easy lunch.

He even purched on my weedwacker while I went inside to get my camera.

This guy followed me around the yard for more than an hour, usually staying within a foot or two of me or the mower. He didn't seem to be bothered by the mower. And if I got 20 or 30 feet away from him, he would fly over and land beside me again. I've never seen a bird act like that before.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend, especially if you get three days off.

Light travels faster than sound. That’s why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Addicted Fan

Afternoon Delight, Revisited

Old 09-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks, BE.

Light travels faster than sound. That’s why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Extreme Fan

evening all... we're getting a few more hrs of internet time today... thought I would use a few min. to check in... yesterday was a hard day for me personally, i cried over everything... I keep thinking it's going to get better, it's going to get better... I'm just going to try and keep saying it, but it starts to feel like just words after a few days... I took Bran-man to a friends house to stay today, she got electricity and water... (she only lives like 10 mins outside of town) I talked to her about him staying overnight tonight and me picking him up after work tomarrow night... he needs a good nights sleep out of the heat... and he needs to be able to drink something cold instead of just lukewarm... she was fine with that, but I have not told him yet... he refused to leave me the last time I tried to send him somewhere... It's hard.... trying to do stuff for their own good, eventhough they don't understand it... I just want him to stop suffering... i'm going to spend the night in the office tonight, i'm trying to conserve my gas, it's still scarce around here, but also we're having to pay for everything in cash right now... and well... i don't have an abundance of that... since I have to pull a dbl tomarrow, open at 8:00am and stay till close around 11:00p.m. it's gonna be easier that way... My mom came to town today (I took them some gas yesterday) and she says we have water now, we are under a boil water advisory, which means it's not drinkable, but hey we got water... now.... how do I boil water without electricity? my stove is electric? I guess we could build a fire outside... mmmm Wonder why I never thought about buying any "camping" equipment? it's not available now... everybody got what they could right after the storm hit... but that's something I think I will buy in the future... I hear there's going to be gas avilable at 6:00 tonight at a couple of stations, I also heard people started lining up at noon today... I might try and get in line late tonight, like midnight, i might have more luck.... The internet coverage is so sureal... I mean they are talking to my "neighbors" in a way and it's like... OMB!! this is my state, my town, less than 3 hours away from me.... I wanna help them... but then again... I want them to help me???? how strange is that?.... I know Behrfanny has to be feeling the same way... today's a good day though... not much crying... guess that means tomarrow will be even better... tomarrow will be better....

huggs to everyone... thanks for letting me stop by... rox
Old 09-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Master Fan

Rox! Gosh, I cannot even imagine what you are going through. I mean last year we had 3 hurricanes come through here but none of them was the level and caused the damage of this one. But I do know the stress it causes. I remember loosing a bit of weight last year during our hurricane Month. I usually eat when I am stressed a bit, but when I am mega stressed I do not eat at all. It is cliché but time does heal all wounds...granted this will be rough.

Tek, I think it is terrible what is going on in New Orleans too with the rapes and shootings. It makes me sick. It is bad enough without that going on. If you noticed it is not that bad in the other areas like Mississippi that had just as bad damage.

GH, cute bird.
Lifer #1
Old 09-02-2005, 03:51 PM
Master Fan

rox on having to send your son to your friend, but you do what you have to for your child and he will see that later on.

Groundhog you became a 'birdie Momma' for a while today Cute story and pic

Gooder that is ashame that news caster was taken off air due to her name being Katrina! That is going too far!

Wild, Tiger, BE and anyone I missed

I'll be around for the 'early' edition of Roswell repeats later.

Later!

Lori
Old 09-02-2005, 04:12 PM
Elite Fan

Glad to see some OTOs checking in from Katrina. This is just too scary. My company though is doing its part. So far we raised $10,000 and our deadline is the end of the month

OTOs

Another day, another dollar Going to Boston next weekend to see Shiri's movie at the Boston Film Festival. A bunch of us are going and we are kinda calling it our 3rd Annual Dreamer Up North gathering And I found out that I won 2 more awards

So far, no plans for the weekend specifically. Driving school called, my lesson was cancelled for tomorrow since the instructor was sick and I wanna get as many lessons as possibly cause my road test is 4 weeks from today

I might be up for Roswell later, not sure yet
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Old 09-02-2005, 04:13 PM
Extreme Fan

rox_mc, Nosee, Softie, OOTW, JL4L, Tiger, RosFox, Sparrow’s Luv, Nana, Gooder, jero, GH, WB and all you

rox, thanks for the updates. I hope each day continues to get a bit better for you and your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noseedough
High Tek!
Have you been looking in my liquor cabinet or secret stash drawer? Gimme the breatholizer test – I’m as sober as a judge. (Boring, huh?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noseedough
There is life after gravity...
it's just a little slower...
everything is there...
it's just a little lower?
Ain’t that the truth Nosee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason's Lover4life
Tek, It is Katie in the video. She and Josh are dating.
JL4L & OOTW, it’s good to know that my “spot the Roswell actor” skills are 20/20. Lemme see, so far Shiri, Katie & Brendan have been in music videos. I hope Jason & Nick are next. JL4L, your avi is great – and so easy on the eyes, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori R

Tek Josh didn't know who Katie was until he was making the video. He fell for her on sight and has even written a song about her. They have been dating for several months. The interviews he does he mentions Katie all the time.
Oh, and I saw 'D' for all of 5 minutes from a distance. He had to leave for one of his kids activities.

Awwwwww, Lori, I this story. I hope Katie & Josh are happy. …. on having zero time with “D” last night.

Nana, thanks for the funnies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog
I've never seen a bird act like that before.

GH, those are great birdie pix. Maybe the bird thought you were its mom and bonded with you???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooder
Morning All

Just doing a quick with an observation.....I know ABC has pulled it's ads for "Invasion" because it shows a hurrican but my local news has pulled off one of our anchors because her name happens to be KATRINA....PC GONE MAD.

Gooder, that’s for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildB

Tek, I think it is terrible what is going on in New Orleans too with the rapes and shootings. It makes me sick. It is bad enough without that going on. If you noticed it is not that bad in the other areas like Mississippi that had just as bad damage.
WB, I was talking with friends who are familiar with New Orleans. They said that the NO has a huge gang/crime problem and if tourists left the safety of the Bourbon Street area, they were risking their well-being. That might explain why such horrific things are happening only in NO.

On the hurricane Katrina front:

Fats Domino was among the residents rescued from the floodwaters in New Orleans.

Lou Dobbs of CNN has a poll: “Do you think local, state and federal officials should be held responsible for failing to respond adequately in the wake of Hurricane Katrina?”

If you want to vote, go to http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/lou.dobbs.tonight/. Scroll about a third of the way down the page and on the left you will see: LOU DOBBS TONIGHT QUICK VOTE

If you’re interested in reading a first-hand and very personal response to hurricane Katrina, this website has a much-read blog and also a web cam and pictures. http://www.livejournal.com/users/interdictor/ The link to his blog (http://mgno.com) doesn’t seem to be working now, but this link will take you to his most recent blogs. http://www.livejournal.com/users/interdictor/calendar This is the link to yesterday’s blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/int...or/2005/09/01/

I have to stop watching CNN.

I’m off to read my PMs before Softie leaves the comfort of his swimming pool in England to come to my computer to read them to me.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

Hi there OTOs!

Did you know...

There are only four countries in the world with one syllable names....
Chad, France, Spain and Greece.

Welcome Back Dare2Dream!

Old 09-02-2005, 10:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Nosee, you brave soul. I seemed to have scared everyone else away with my last post.

Jen, you snuck in while I was posting before. Congratulations on winning more awards for your videos.

Softie, you have a PM. BTW, it’s nice to see you frequenting these parts again.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Elite Fan

Hi folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekgirl

Nosee, you brave soul. I seemed to have scared everyone else away with my last post.

Every day... seems ten minutes shorter...
pretty soon...they will be gone...
then why does it seem...like 50 years...
since Roswell...has been on?

Old 09-03-2005, 01:30 AM
Master Fan

I was watching 'Roswell' on SciFi....does that count for why I wasn't posting?
Oh, and I was asleep which is where I'm going back to now.

Oh, Happy Birthday, NICK Wechsler! (9/3)

Night or morning

Lori