Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2023, 08:22 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Amazing! Hope you enjoyed the fireworks!

I miss Paris!

I would love to see our Candies in Paris!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Michael and Maria were always a favorite couple. Still today. Always important to me. Still Season 1, and my favorite episode for them is Independence Day.

They chemistry always shined. I don't think they were intending to pair them, but the chemistry between Brendan and Majandra made them shine.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree they were amazing! No one else like they! The screen sizzled with them!

Guys I know it is the summer but please post a little more. Our traffic numbers were low in July.

Thanks.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 08-07-2023, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There was a intensity to them. I loved the fireworks. The bickering.
Old 08-07-2023, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
Michael and Maria were always a favorite couple. Still today. Always important to me. Still Season 1, and my favorite episode for them is Independence Day.

They chemistry always shined. I don't think they were intending to pair them, but the chemistry between Brendan and Majandra made them shine.
In the Roswell High books, which the show was based on, Michael and Maria were a couple. Back then, it was normal to respect the original material. So I think it was always planned. But considering the chemistry between MD and BF, it's possible that their screen relationship happened faster than planned.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
xmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree the chemistry was off the charts! Wow!
Old 08-08-2023, 05:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I agree the chemistry was off the charts! Wow!
It happens sometimes. I mean, it should happen all the time, if the casting is done right but it's not unusual to see couples on screen who have no chemistry at all.

Old 08-08-2023, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know the original books. I am going by what I had heard that there was not going to be attempt at the pairing, with the casting, but the chemistry between the actors led to them going in that direction. Which I am glad.

Sometimes they tried to force pairings, and the chemistry is not there but it shined between Brendan and Majandra. Made me love them even more...
Old 08-08-2023, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

The original books are really good.

I think there might be a PDF of them somewhere if you don't want to buy them online or download the Ebook.
Old 08-09-2023, 04:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't know the original books. I am going by what I had heard that there was not going to be attempt at the pairing, with the casting, but the chemistry between the actors led to them going in that direction. Which I am glad.

Sometimes they tried to force pairings, and the chemistry is not there but it shined between Brendan and Majandra. Made me love them even more...
In the original books, there were two couples I'm sure ended up together: Max and Liz, and Michael and Maria. I don't remember for Alex and Isabel.

But I remember Michael having a brother and regretting not seeing him in the series. It would have been interesting to see Michael reacting to a 100% alien brother.

Old 08-09-2023, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can see why they did it on the series. To make Michael more of a loaner. To want to get off, in contrast to the life Max and Isabel were leading. Which added to a lot of his issues. But it certainly would have been interesting to see what would have happened.

I am glad they paired Maria and Michael. I liked their connection, and the chemistry.
Old 08-09-2023, 08:54 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

According to the Roswell High book Isabel and Alex had an on and off again relationship.
Old 08-09-2023, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I can see why they did it on the series. To make Michael more of a loaner. To want to get off, in contrast to the life Max and Isabel were leading. Which added to a lot of his issues. But it certainly would have been interesting to see what would have happened.

I am glad they paired Maria and Michael. I liked their connection, and the chemistry.
I get the loner side. But I think it would have been interesting to see Michael, who wanted so much to know about his alien side, getting to know his brother and realizing that his home planet wasn't that great. In the books, wasn't it some sort of commune society, where everybody was part of a great link? And Max almost died when he connected to it because every alien on his home planet were living the same thing he was and it was so overwhelming that he went into some sort of coma.

I don't see Michael being happy in this kind of society. Realizing that he had dreamed about his home world, only for him to be completly unable to live in it... tough.

Old 08-09-2023, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Oh I think so it has been ages since I read the books.

So many cool storylines.
Old 08-10-2023, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It definitely would have given a different side to Michael. I actually was surprised they did not try to make Michael and Tess related on the show. Give him family. Because I did not read the books, except for one when the show came out and they redid the cover page.

It was good, but because I knew the show. I was so different.

So, I did not know he had a sibling in the books.
Reply   Post New Thread