Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2003, 10:57 AM
Loyal Fan

That Freaky Roswell Thang!

We started this thread on one of the boards i mod at a couple years ago. It's a pretty popular thread because stuff like this ALWAYS happens.

OK, this is the deal. Every Roswellian out there has moments when they are reminded of Roswell. You could be going thru the mall shopping and one of the stores is playing Dido--any Dido-- and you think "Roswell!" Or, you may see someone who looks like Shiri and a scene from "Sexual Healing" pops into your head. Shoot, you may even see ice skaters in Central Park and think of Max and Liz skating.

That's a freaky Roswell thang. So, who has stories?

I'll start. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Yesterday i was shopping for Christmas present for a friend. It just so happens he's big into Paintball, so i headed for the only paintball shop i know of. You can imagine my pleasant surprise when the guy who helped me looked just like our Fehr one! So much so that they could be brothers!! I'm still [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img].

O.K., that's mine. Any one else? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Because the story isn't over... RoswellMovie.net
RoswellMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 01:08 PM
Addicted Fan

I know I have several, but all I can think of right now is a couple of weeks ago I was listening to the TV Tunes station on Netscape Radio & on came "Here With Me" & it said right there, Roswell Theme song. Just seeing that there & knowing that thousands of other people were seeing it too gave me a glow [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Forever Queen of the CRO's!
QueenÇr@zÿBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 01:37 PM
Loyal Fan

I have a couple,

Everytime I see strawberries, I think of Max and Liz in the episode called Sexual Healing. I told my mom that and she said OH BROTHER... You and your Roswell obsession! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Even though she likes it too.

Another thing, my sister has a purse and it was labelled "Mudd" and it had the silver hand print on it. I automatically thought of Roswell. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] OK I'm obsessed, can't you tell?! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Stephan
Old 12-11-2003, 02:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Ahh! I'm the same way with Mudd, it's one of my brands! I had a pair of jeans & they had the handprint on the back pocket.

Old 12-11-2003, 03:36 PM
Absolute Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I had a lot of experiences on this one.

Def. with the mudd handprint. Several songs that I may here that were from an episode, I would go "omg a Roswell song"

I read in school some story and it said something along the lines of "My life is in your hands." my friend next to me has seen all the Roswell eppys with me, and just cracked up when I mentioned the quote.

Tabasco bottles...always in restaurants, always think of the show when I see those.

Isn't it about time someone saved your life?
fatecreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 04:14 PM
Master Fan

I'm always reminded of Roswell when I listen to Roswell-related songs. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

But otherwise...no,I'm not reminded of Roswell too often. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

- The Wind That Blew My Heart Away
Roswelldesertsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

I work as a waitress at an Italian-themed restaurant and one evening "Here With Me" filtered through our radio satellite. It was at that same time I spilt our packaged mint candies all over the floor and caught myself wishing, "alas, if they were only strawberries . ." *sigh* tehehehe. But I still delivered the line on cue when my co-workers came to help me clean up, "oh I always spill mints at this time of night" LOL
Old 12-11-2003, 06:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Every day.....I have a 'That freaky Roswell Thang'
for school we have this computer program where you read stories and answer Question...well one of the people in the storie was name Langly

ah yeah that Mudd hand...with out a doubt I am thinking of Roswell
natalie4237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 08:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

OMG! Those things happen to me allllllll the time! Like, at *least* 10x a day and I am sooo not joking, *L*. It's sad, actually, how much Roswell has taken over my life. Let's see...today in Health I was looking at the new posters on the wall that the teacher just bought because we moved to a new classroom and one of them said "Destiny" and it had like a solar system stary background thing and I begged her for it and offered to buy it, but she said no, so I'm going to try to find it where she bought it, *L*. I didn't know about this topic, but I really like it, and as I said, I have lots of stories, so count on seeing me here very often!

*CRO #15*
RandomCzechoslovakian47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I giggle obsessively whenever a Roswell alumni is on TV or a movie Im watching or song played on Roswell is on and SCREAM when I hear it on other TV shows because Ill be like Dont go stealing Roswell songs! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

And whenever I hear the word Destiny Ill be groaning.

[ 12-12-2003: Message edited ~-Sarah-~ ]

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
destroyer of worlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 04:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

I always think of Roswell when I hear that nickelback song "It's Too Late, It's Too Bad" , or something like that. Also when I hear "Sexual Healing".

Icon credit: phoenix39 @ LJ
-Daphne- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

There used to be a huge poster advertising Tabasco sauce on my bustop which always made me think of Roswell.

And whenever I hear a Roswell song that also reminds me of it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sadly seen no look alikes [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]
Just Peachy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 07:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Everything around me reminds me of Roswell!

I always giggle after looking at tobasco sauce bottles. I giggle if I see any Roswell actors/actresses are in another tv/movie and I giggle if theyre anyone which have the same names as the Roswell cast. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
In the coolest and funniest postscript to a Phil-over ever, right after he says "eliminated," we cut to a guy dressed all in black holding a whip. And he cracks it. So it's like, "May be eliminated [whhh-pchhhh!]." That was awesome. It made Philimination sound so dangerous. And sexy.
jennifehr_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 07:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Oh yea, the tabasco bottles. It got really hard for me to contain myself when I waitressed a while back.

Don't forget Snapple bottles. I'm a snapple addict & I still think of the show everytime I get one.

Old 12-12-2003, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

Everytime I listen to my Dido cds,it reminds me of Roswell. Its like I have a mini movie playing in my head of all my fave scenes [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I remember one time in the car a few years back when "Here With Me" came on the radio I was bouncing all around yelling 'thats Roswell's theme song!' lol...sometimes i catch my self still doing that [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

darylbeth
Ice Queen follower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread