Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2017, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I agree

Quote:
I love destiny except the final scene obviously.
I have to admit that it was an emotionally charged scene and it was perfect to open the second season but it still hurt.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was always annoying that she walked away. I get she was feeling overwhelmed, and given all she had experienced since the shooting and to deal with the fallout with Tess, and to see Max kidnapped and have to free him... And than to hear what the orbs had to say, I can see why she was overwhelmed.

I just hated how she ran. I felt for Max. He was dealing with the fallout of the White Room and Liz saw for herself that it was a torturous experience, and still she left. He was dealt with a double whammy, of Liz walking away and then leaving town. He must have been a mess that summer since his parents put him with a shrink, and even then he couldn't really tell what he was upset about...

So I do love Destiny. But up to the last five to ten minutes, when they go to the caves and find out about the orbs.

And it did give a opening for Season 2. Have her been away all summer, trying to get away from the alien chaos. And try her best to stay out of it, but feel getting drawn back in even if she didn't reunite with Max!

I just hate she ran. I get why she did in Season 3. I just wished she had tried to stay after Destiny, even if she did her best to stay away from Max!
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 11-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

In fact it was irritating & they used that again and again.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

IKR? I hated how they used Luz for those purposes.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
There is definitely some memorable moments, and the art really captures it.
the quote is perfect caption for the photo, as well as the series.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It sorta did make sense. She was the human. And it was a giant world she was walking into, and she loved Max but ever since the shooting... it got more and more complicated, and she was overwhelmed. I just wished she had stayed in Roswell after "Destiny". Now I can see why she ran in Season 3. Everything was coming to a head. She was "changing", and she and Max still had unresolved issues that had just exploded in their fragile reunion. She needed to get away, to get perspective... Of course it followed her there, but it allowed her to clarify what she wanted...

Although she didn't truly get closure until Tess came back. But still, I can see why she would be overwhelmed. And it was easy to have Liz be the one to question it. Max would always be a alien, and he couldn't walk away from his life...

She needed to see that she was different. She was no longer the girl she was at age 15, prior to the shooting. Even if she never went back to Max. But they loved each other too much to stay away from each other...
Old 11-12-2017, 12:33 PM
Master Fan

okay. I just saw the new photo of Shiri and Jason. and Majandra! How lucky are we?
Old 11-12-2017, 09:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Very lucky!

Hope we get more photos over the Holidays!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 11-13-2017, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

we are

I'm not sure if Liz had closure even with the death of Tess
Old 11-13-2017, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I do. Tess even admitted whenever Max was with her, he was thinking about Liz. Of course Tess "sacrifice" forced them to flee. But with Tess gone, and the baby put up for adoption (even if he could always come back into the picture), I do think she got some closure. She even said in "Graduation" she felt at peace even though she knew Max now felt directionless due graduation approaching, and not really looking at his future because so much of his life over the past year had been focused on the baby or her. And before, not sure if like Michael, he would even have a life on Earth.

It wasn't pretty getting there... But I think she knew what she wanted, and felt at peace with it. Just like she didn't hesitate when Max did the epic proposal.

She didn't hesitate in wanting to go off with Max. Even if she meant leaving her family.

So I think she got a lot of closure by the end... There would always be painful memories, but she was at peace.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
Very lucky!

Hope we get more photos over the Holidays!
Hope so, too!
Old 11-13-2017, 06:03 PM
Elite Fan

I do think they got closure in some way. Sure, the baby was out there, but given the circumstances it was the best.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

I feel like Max and Liz got closure for sure. They went through some crazy stuff that most teens don't deal with to put it lightly but their love and connection was strong enough to not only survive that but to thrive I just wish we could have seen their story go on

Old 11-13-2017, 10:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Me too they were like no other couple!

I hope to find a love like theirs someday or something thats close!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 11-13-2017, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

I hope that for you too Erin!!!!