Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2015, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This happens far too frequently to me too

Old 02-24-2015, 05:49 PM
Elite Fan

"Here With Me" send me to Roswell/ML directly.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Same with I Shall Believe. Whenever I listen to the song. I think of Max and Liz. And even though it was Max and Future Max in the scene. I Shall Believe should have told us not to give up on Max and Liz despite all that happened in and after End of the World. It basically tells us not to give up...

But yeah the theme song always will remind me of Max and Liz, and of Roswell!
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 02-24-2015, 06:40 PM
Elite Fan

Me too.. lots of songs remind me of Roswell. They did a great job picking music!! Such a bummer the DVDs don't have the original music for the most part
Old 02-24-2015, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

To me I am fine with the choices they made for the music on the DVDs. Unfortunately Roswell was caught in the time before music was a big deal for DVDs, and that shows didn't have licenses locked up for music they used. Which is why it took a long time for China Beach to make it to DVDs with some music eliminated or replaced due to fact the show was in the 80s.

And of course Roswell wasn't a hit. Therefore it would have cost a fortune to get the rights for the music. So they had to make changes.

I am actually happy with the song they choice to play over the first kiss in Heat Wave. I know it's different than when first aired. But I actually love the show, or maybe I largely caught a portion of Season One on DVD for the first time. I am not as attached to the original music.

Now if Crash into Me or I Shall Believe had been changed, then I might be upset. But largely I am happy and fine.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I am upset with the DVD music choices. To me song of the new songs tarnish the original ones we had. They don't capture the moment or feeling in certain scenes like the original music did.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 02-24-2015, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I am upset with the DVD music choices. To me song of the new songs tarnish the original ones we had. They don't capture the moment or feeling in certain scenes like the original music did.
I guess to me I was never that invested except for the songs mentioned above. Mostly I wouldn't have known the songs replaced except I had heard about the song over the kiss in Heat Wave was replaced.

Probably because I didn't watch from day one, only caught up on all of Season One later...

But to me, at least it allowed the DVDs to be released. It would have been a bigger issue if it had prevented the DVDs from being released if the show has stuck to wanting all the same music. Allowing the DVDs to be released allowed a new generation to be exposed to the show.

I can see why people are invested in the original music. But to me, the greatest songs, the theme song. Crash into Me and I Shall Believe are there. Those I associate with the show.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

This video is only for the brave ones.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If I had watched the show live, I imagine I would have been affected by some of the music choices. That said, I'm glad they kept some important ones like the Sarah M. song in the pilot...and of course Here With Me! What an absolutely perfect song for Roswell, just everything about it suits the show so much and brings a certain feeling when you listen to it

Old 02-25-2015, 10:38 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree. I am glad they kept I shall Believe as well.

I hate how they got rid of Come and ride the train for Alex strip tease in Surprise. Colin danced to that song so well.

However because of the music changes Blind Date cut out some lines. It didn't make sense because the lines were the radio announcing the Blind Date winner getting ready for her date that night.

Quote:
(Michael knocks on Isabel's window)
Isabel: Come in.
Michael: Hey.
Isabel: What're you doing?
Michael: I think I've figured it out. I think I can read the map. Come on, I'll show you.
Isabel: But what about the concert? Alex got us tickets.
Michael: Well, it's either the concert or discovering where we come from.
Isabel: Well, what about Max? Shouldn't we at least...
Michael: What about Max? Last I heard, he didn't seem too interested, remember?
Isabel: He's just worried, Michael. He's worried about you.
Michael: Yeah, look, the only father I need is the one out there waiting for us to find him. Let's go.

Radio: That was blink 182 on KROZ. And now, here's a little something to get you thinking those romantic thoughts. Let's dedicate it to Liz Parker, tonight's dream girl.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 02-25-2015, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Oh, thanks for the info.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I agree. I am glad they kept I shall Believe as well.

I hate how they got rid of Come and ride the train for Alex strip tease in Surprise. Colin danced to that song so well.

However because of the music changes Blind Date cut out some lines. It didn't make sense because the lines were the radio announcing the Blind Date winner getting ready for her date that night.
I will admit the song that weirded me out the most that had to be replaced is during Liz's breakdown in her grief at the Crashdown as she is looking at the photos of prom and Alex after his death, in "Cry your Name" and he's seeing flashbacks to moments in the past. The new song doesn't do it for me...

At least the DVDs got released. Now shows lock in the music contracts for those new shows and DVD released. But back then, shows like Roswell had issues...

And still some shows haven't come to DVD due to music related issues...
Old 02-25-2015, 04:59 PM
Elite Fan

That is one of my favorite Max/Liz video ever. Thanks for posting!

I wish the DVD to have behind the scenes.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
I will admit the song that weirded me out the most that had to be replaced is during Liz's breakdown in her grief at the Crashdown as she is looking at the photos of prom and Alex after his death, in "Cry your Name" and he's seeing flashbacks to moments in the past. The new song doesn't do it for me...

At least the DVDs got released. Now shows lock in the music contracts for those new shows and DVD released. But back then, shows like Roswell had issues...

And still some shows haven't come to DVD due to music related issues...
The episode was called Cry You Name based on the Beth Orton song because Alex got tickets to go to the Beth Orton concert with Isabel. I too hated the music change.

I agree thank goodness we got the DVD's
Old 02-26-2015, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranto (View Post)
That is one of my favorite Max/Liz video ever. Thanks for posting!

I wish the DVD to have behind the scenes.
Yw

i would have liked to hear Shiri/Jason reviews about some episodes, especially the last episodes of s2.