Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2004, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Dreamers

Sorry I wasn't around much today, I was recooperating after the extreme fun I had with AlienWendy23, my sister and her friend Nina at the EVANESCENCE concert!! It was just sooo fun, the band was incredible, you don't realize how much you love the group until after you see them perform your favorite songs!

It was too funny when we thought they ended the concert with Imaginary, but we were chanting Amy and then they came back out for one more song and of course they performed Whisper, and I was sooo happy. Me and Wendy were looking at each other funny throughout most of the concert cause we kept on picturing my music videos featuring Evanescence in our heads [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It was just amazing!!! I will definitely post more tomorrow [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Old 02-28-2004, 10:05 PM
Passionate Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Much to respond to...

First, the end of Destiny was beautifully heartbreaking, IMO. Max seemed to want to go after Liz but didn't. He had Michael holding him back plus he had just heard some crazy story piling tons of responsibility on him and had just escaped Pierce and the White Room.

Second, the end of S2 is also heartbreaking but in a more upsetting way. Yes, Max made mistakes and treated people horribly. Yet, I cannot solely blame him. Again, he was dealing with some horrible stuff, including losing the love of his life whom he thought slept with someone else and was halfway pushing him towards Tess and the death of one of the only people he trusted. I don't blame Liz either since she made many sacrifices for Max. I can blame Tess, since she helped to make the human/alien division and was there when Max was at his most vulnerable.

Yet, I have to agree with hib who said that they were never truly apart because they weren't. Anger is definitely not the opposite of love.

Lastly, I definitely don't regret sticking by Roswell during S2 and S3 since there were some funny moments and good Dreamer scenes. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-28-2004: Message edited Minanda ]

Proud MG! Proud ISORS! Proud Gutter Gal!
Old 02-28-2004, 10:24 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] ~-Sarah-~, Miranda Leigh, Minanda, and Jennifer and all the otehr DREAMERS OUT THERE

Sarah

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miranda L I have to say I didnt watch that scene, when it started, because I knew it was coming, I just didnt look. I certainly wasnt amused. I got out my tapes and did something I hadnt done since Roswell ended, I played my tapes S1 from Toy House to Destiny. All those beautiful moments for all the couples The way Max gave Lizs hand that extra squeeze before he let her go into the shelter in Destiny, WR was still like a punch in the gut so I couldnt watch a lot of it but when Max shouted Nooooo! at seeing Liz dead, it was as fresh as when I watched it the first time. I found it so hard to understand why the writers gave us such a powerful love story and figured they had to make them unfaithful to make it interesting. Lets face it, whether or not they were together by everyone elses standards they were never actually apart.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree. Although they were technically not together in Season 2, you could tell that they were still connected to each other. Max/Liz are soulmates and nothing *coughTess cough* could take that away from them IMO.
I agree...there were many dreamer moments still in season 2....ARCC>>>BIG one there..that showd how connected they were...

I jsut really cant even think about season 2 the ending was soo horrible..and I HATE TESS SO MUCH, i hated her from the beginning..but after what she and max did....err..IM glad she was gone..and I wish MAx had killed her....I wish that Tess made max think he was sleeping with her, But Max didnt really..and then we find out Tess really wasnt gonna have the baby, and jsut made that up to..and then max killed her at the end of season 2......would that we cool......*thats why we are called dreamers* ha..

oh well im tired and have work tomorrow at 6 ugh..so NIGHT dreamers....Ill probobly lurk tomorrow...cuase i have to study for test...fun stuff

rannylvsros-
Quote:
It's Too Late and It's Too Bad is one of them. I thought the very end... Liz just standing there, knowing something is seriously wrong with what happened to Alex and that damn song playing... was just the sadest thing. I love scenes that make me feel like that one did... but i just can't watch it. Because of Max and Tess and just that sick, disgusting feeling that I always get while watching it.
I like Heart of Mine for the same reason... It made me feel. It was great for Liz's character. How she was free... got a strike in bowling and how she was writing again... <sigh> But it still breaks my heart. How all the characters let go.. give up...
AWW I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN
After i saw those to..i NEVER wanted to watch agian..it was soo sad..!.but i know what you mean....its this certain feeling when you watch...but to me..its almost like a anti-dreaer feeling...jsut as strong as dreamer feelings..just sad ones..aww im gonna CRY...Cant wait for SEASON 2 DVD.....

Jennifer- HEY NO FAIR....

I want EVANESCENCE concert to [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img] Oh well Hope you had a great time!...and I REALLY wish you would make a video with my immortal!.....or tell me someone who has I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THAT SONG!!.....and putting it with max and liz would be perect!
Old 02-28-2004, 11:28 PM
Master Fan

my immortal
i'm so tired of being here
suppressed by all of my childish fears

and if you have to leave
i wish that you would just leave

because your presence still lingers here
and it won't leave me alone

these wounds won't seem to heal

this pain is just too real
there's just too much that time cannot erase

when you cried i'd wipe away all of your tears
when you'd scream i'd fight away all of your fears

and i've held your hand through all of these years

but you still have all of me

you used to captivate me

by your resonating light

but now i'm bound by the life you left behind

your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams
your voice it chased away all the sanity in me

these wounds won't seem to heal

this pain is just too real

there's just too much that time cannot erase

when you cried i'd wipe away all of your tears

when you'd scream i'd fight away all of your fears

and i've held your hand through all of these years

but you still have all of me

i've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone

and though you're still with me

i've been alone all along

Maybe this will inspire Jennifer to make a video???? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
Old 02-29-2004, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I like Heart of Mine for the same reason... It made me feel. It was great for Liz's character. How she was free... got a strike in bowling and how she was writing again... <sigh> But it still breaks my heart. How all the characters let go.. give up...
Me too! Although I like A/I getting back together in that episode, I was sad to see ALL the couples getting back together or hooking up except for Max and Liz and Kyle having no one again. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Quote:
Second, the end of S2 is also heartbreaking but in a more upsetting way. Yes, Max made mistakes and treated people horribly. Yet, I cannot solely blame him. Again, he was dealing with some horrible stuff, including losing the love of his life whom he thought slept with someone else and was halfway pushing him towards Tess and the death of one of the only people he trusted. I don't blame Liz either since she made many sacrifices for Max. I can blame Tess, since she helped to make the human/alien division and was there when Max was at his most vulnerable.
I agree with you. I know a lot of Dreamers hated Max and Liz in Season 3 but for me, I also felt they were never the same but I never hated them even then. I guess thats why were called Dreamers, since were hopeless romantics. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Jennifer- Ah you went to an Evanescence concert? Thats awesome! Thats one of my fav bands. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Cant wait to see your pics from it!

BabyBuncher- Awesome songcap! I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] that song so much! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 02-29-2004, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by hibiscuss:
<STRONG>Miranda L I have to say I didnt watch that scene, when it started, because I knew it was coming, I just didnt look. I certainly wasnt amused. </STRONG>
I didn't watch that episode when it originally aired. One, I didn't have cable around that time, which I didn't mind cause I didn't miss much. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] But I did end up buying season one and two on tape and I saw them. (ITLIT, BIY) They were worse then people said and I've never watched that episode all the way through. I think I've only watched parts of it only twise.

GrhmLz/Heather -I agree with your entire post. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Max had no excuse for his lousy behavior in season three. He slept in his bed, he can make it. (Wasn't a bed for that matter if you get my drift)

Quote:
Originally posted by *BabyBuncher*:
<STRONG>I agree...there were many dreamer moments still in season 2....ARCC&gt;&gt;&gt;BIG one there..that showd how connected they were</STRONG>
I loved it but it was also tainted because I knew the writers were throwing us a line; a bone, like they did so many times that season. VLV, HOM, for example. They wanted to explore M/T (he not only slept with her, but he impregnated her. That's lasting. Also the promotion pictures of them before the season even aired, her hand on his butt! EOTW airing so early into the season, making Max available for Tess.) but also keep the M/L veiwers tuned in because we were the main shipper group; the main veiwers. Yes, I'm still kinda angered at how we were treated. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Minanda, Jennifer, Hybrid, Ranelle, Christy, and last but certainly not least, Sarah. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

[ 02-29-2004: Message edited Miranda Leigh ]

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Old 02-29-2004, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I loved it but it was also tainted because I knew the writers were throwing us a line; a bone, like they did so many times that season. VLV, HOM, for example. They wanted to explore M/T (he not only slept with her, but he impregnated her. That's lasting. Also the promotion pictures of them before the season even aired, her hand on his butt! EOTW airing so early into the season, making Max available for Tess.) but also keep the M/L veiwers tuned in because we were the main shipper group; the main veiwers. Yes, I'm still kinda angered at how we were treated.
I feel the same too. Until now Im bitter over how Max/Liz were thrown away for the laughable pairing of Max/Tess and how there were so many Dreamers before that fiasco and then after that, many of them converted or stopped watching Roswell altogether.

People from other shipper groups always said that Max/Liz got too many scene blah etc. but I felt that we were given the worst deal of all. Come on: they made us fall in love with Max/Liz in Season 1 and then suddenly expected us to swallow Max/Tess as a viable couple and then threw Max/Liz back into the equation in Season 3. Yeah, Im bitter. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

On topicness: Max and Liz rule. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 02-29-2004, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

Sarah-
Quote:
I felt that we were given the worst deal of all. Come on: they made us fall in love with Max/Liz in Season 1 and then suddenly expected us to swallow Max/Tess as a viable couple and then threw Max/Liz back into the equation in Season 3. Yeah, Im bitter
I agree i think we had to deal with the most crap from the writers...and the most pain....

Home for lunch break....ill chat laters..\
Bye Dreamers
Old 02-29-2004, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree, I never thought watching a TV show would make me sick to my stomach during the Rebel scenes that is. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Max and Tess could never compare to Max/Liz. Even Max said it himself too. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 02-29-2004, 09:41 AM
Master Fan

Yes..Definately..Liz/Max..had such a better relationship then Max/Tess(which was based on lies, and pain, and no feelings...)

anywho...i wish the writers had gave us an explanation for the future Max thing....like...

They THOUGHT the reason that the work(or whateve he said) was being destroyed was because Tess and Max wernt together...but it was REALLY becuase tess never got Max...which missed her off more, and she was already evil from the start.... so she went to the bad side..and tried to destroy the world..and future max never found out that Tess was really evil...so thye just figured it was b/c her and max wernt together...when really it was b/c she was evil all along...

ugh...just a thoght...thats my opion on the Futre thing....Its kinda confussing sorry
Old 02-29-2004, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I would definitely have loved an explaination of the whole FM thing too since it brought both of them so much pain and led to the Rebelness. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] But if it were up to me, the sex would have been a mindwarp but of course JK wouldnt have given Dreamers the satisfaction of that. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 02-29-2004, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

I mentioned that also...that the sex was mindwarp...and that tess really wasnt pregnant)mind warp also)...and that max killed test in departure..and then they wouldnt have wasted there only way home...ugh..oh well...back to work...bye Sarah
Old 02-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *BabyBuncher*:
<STRONG>sorry images didnt work...let me find them somewhere else..

This is when I became a Dreamer....When liz and max looked into each others souls...Fear playing in the background...I WAS HOOKED

AND THEN THIS with crash into me....I loved that song, and then having that song paired with this scene was soo perfect!... .....I loved it!..and there was nothing else that mattered to me in this show...besides max and liz..

[ 02-27-2004: Message edited *BabyBuncher* ]</STRONG>
It was a wednesday night, and I had to watch my Dawson's Creek...while afterwards Roswell came on. I had to clean the living room, but while I was doing that, I couldn't take my eyes off my screen, then this scene, the last scene of the Pilot...I was like "They're my favorite couple on the show." I totally agree, that scene was perfect, and nothing else mattered to me but the fact that Max and Liz get together.

~Shari

I'm searching for my way back
but I'm looking through a peephole
I'm trying to find my way back...
I want to be the hero...~ N.E.R.D 'Find a Way'

Shari

[/i]
Old 02-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Hollywood while there are episodes I didnt particularly care for, and judging by the comments others didnt care for either, Im like Min. I got angry but I stuck it out. I rewatched some of my best moments from S3 and realised there were more episodes there that I like than not. I think that embracing Roswell means embracing everything that comes with it.

I didnt exactly blame Max for a lot of things. I blamed the writers for not understanding the character they gave us. Max would never have brushed off the whole Tess issue and pretended it all away. They made him into a stranger for a while there and while Im not happy that anything happened between him and Tess, Im glad the boy we fell inlove with wasnt one who could turn his back on his son. Maybe theres less anger about Zan in me because hes still a part of Max and in the part of mind where they all go on, I hope one day he gets to know the amazing man his father is, mistakes and all and that he has his capacity for love.

I watched Graduation today and saw Max almost struggle with himself before getting up there to make his speech, like he was thinking, Id rather go through the WR again than have it happen to any of them. I dont think Ive ever seen that scene and thought that before. The WR really scarred Max and instead of unexplained attitudes and story lines I think the writers could have spent some time dealing with what happened in that room.
Old 02-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Jennifer-Glad you enjoyed the concert! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Buncher- [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] songcap!

Hib-Well said! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Hey Miranda, Sarah and Shari!

Proud MG! Proud ISORS! Proud Gutter Gal!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread