Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2020, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That is what made Max and Liz so special is despite the angst. Despite the obstacles. Despite some straying off the line. You never lost what Max saw in Liz, and what Liz saw in Max. And their chemistry, and thankfully given how some shows take their couples for a ride. We got very very lucky.

And makes me even more thankful.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 10-03-2020, 11:40 AM
Elite Fan

Jason and Shiri made us believe in Max and Liz until the end and it's amazing that they know about it even now after so long
Old 10-03-2020, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

& I think tey will never experience anything like that again
Old 10-03-2020, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I get that shows at the end of the day are looking for what sells best. Getting the audience to pay attention. Soapy even better. It is hard to do happy. I have seen that enough with my stories I write. Which is why they are always very angsty, with a happy ending in the end. So writing happy is hard.

And with Max and Liz. It was Romeo and Juliet in many ways. Their challenges tested them, and they were extreme, although standard in many ways. So, I can see why with aliens and humans. They upped the drama.

It could not be easy once the shooting happened. And the pandora box opened, and everything started to coming out. The aliens heritage started getting discovered. All the danger.

Writers are trying to capture attention. But sometimes they do not see that some of the obstacles are too much...

But still, we got lucky given what shows do to their couples. I did not watch 100. But I heard that they did a number by the end of the show.

Makes me happy that they did give Max and Liz a happy ending. Albeit on the run.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I understand that there must be angst in a couple because of all the things you mentioned .. but I also think it was not normal what they did with Max and Liz - I mean where did you see that the leading couple of the show did not have their sex scene on screen?
Old 10-03-2020, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I did not like it of course. And they could have knocked a few of those obstacle's off, but they were pretty normal. Considering what some shows do to their couple these days. They never lost that Max loved Liz. Or Liz loved Max.

Most teen couples, and even adult couples face "old girlfriends" or people who knew them when. Which Tess was for Max even though neither new each other until they came to town. It automatically challenged Liz's place in Max's heart. Made them both question their bond. As Tess was playing mind tricks. And Max was making questionable choices.

Liz left for Florida because it became too overwhelming. Then pushed him away. Of course it was for the greater good.

And then a childhood friend died, and she became grief stricken.

The Max and Tess sex is normal on television. I hated it. But you often find it. Not like he cheated. Liz pushed him away. Neither looked good.

The baby was stupid. Teen pregnancy is normal. But they picked the wrong person to do it with. Given that would totally upset the Max and Liz dynamic. It was soapy and stupid given the show was struggling.

When you think of it. Their obstacles were hell but they were very tame compared to what would happen now. I am not sure Max and Liz would come out of it in the same shape if the exact show happened today.

I wish it was different. Although the challenges they did face is awesome material to play with in writing different ends for them in fanfiction.

And the fact they did not show them sleeping together. Given the show wrapped up so quickly after being cut of several episodes. They did the best they could.

We still got a epic proposal. And a shot of their wedding day.

Considering in Season 1. She walked away. And in Season 2. We only had them in their arms.

So, we got a lot. We just did not get everything. If it had been a two hour finale. I think we would have gotten that scene.

But I like to believe it did happen.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranto (View Post)
Hey there I never saw the show but heard that the ending was terrible?
I hated it. And the couple I spent shipping for six years didn't even get together. To make matter worse,

Spoiler:

Not only that, the rest of the ending was stupid.

So...I remembered how rewarding M&L were

Old 10-03-2020, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I know how Shiri said how the sex scene at the end of Graduation was never filmed when asked at an event. I remember her saying "No it nerver was filmed. Trust me if it was the [Roswell] fans would of found it."

I remember back in the day fans found B roll footage from behind the scenes and cut scenes from the show. How they did find it with the internet how it was back in the day was beyond me but it was there.

The original Graduation script was going to be 2 hours but the WB network cut it to only an hour so the script was cut and some scenes were never filmed.

In the end I am glad we got the ending we got. I remember wathcing the final and being happy with it. Considering how some shows end we got SO lucky!

Bad storylines and all with Roswell over all we got SO lucky!

There is a reason that 21 years later we still believe!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 10-03-2020, 09:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles (View Post)
I hated it. And the couple I spent shipping for six years didn't even get together. To make matter worse,

Spoiler:

Not only that, the rest of the ending was stupid.

So...I remembered how rewarding M&L were
Omg, that is worse than horrible! sorry what do these writers have in mind?

2 hours of Graduation? we were robbed! I mean that's a quintessential ML episode!
Old 10-04-2020, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

& let's not even talk about the plot baby plot, we all know that ruined the show.

I know I always complain & I also know that in the end we were lucky but seeing things that happened on The 100 or GOT makes me appreciate our ending more.
Old 10-04-2020, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

^^^^^ and when we think about it they were together in s3 most of the season, let's skip the bad writing or lack of it
Old 10-04-2020, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure angel (View Post)
& let's not even talk about the plot baby plot, we all know that ruined the show.

I know I always complain & I also know that in the end we were lucky but seeing things that happened on The 100 or GOT makes me appreciate our ending more.
I can't blame the baby storyline entirely. The show was struggling from the get go. Season 2, the full season. Being all over the place did the show no favors. Season 3 was on a new network. Which made things worse, baby storyline or no baby story.

They were trying to boost the show in Season 2. But they went via the wrong way. Even before they did the baby storyline.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I suppose that is debatable, in my particular case it is what I hated the most about s3.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was able to handle most of it and love Season 3 because Tess was gone. And yes, the baby was a issue but he was not there present in Roswell. It was the concept of the baby. It made for some tense times.

And I liked that things were not truly rosey again after Season 2, and all that happened. They ran back to each other. But they had to deal with the fallout, and did not help that they went rogue as Bonnie and Clyde in Utah.

I thiink the show got as close as they could to Season 1 with the acknowledgement that they were older, and getting closer to graduation. And you could not be as naive as they were in Season 1 anymore.

Too much happened.

So, I love while the storyline was obviously present. And set up the first half. At least we did not HAVE to see Tess, and the baby until the end.
Old 10-04-2020, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

The simple fact that we had to watch it even towards the end ... the only thing I'm thankful for - we didn't have to watch Max/Liz /babyZan play the happy family like if nothing happened.