Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2020, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She was acting better than Max was... She had the better excuse. Yes, she was rash, and was obsessive. But she was solving Alex's death. And she was right. Max was completely in denial, and was blackmailing Isabel and being a jerk, playing the King card with Liz. So, I think of the two.

They cared about Liz more... She came out of it better. Max got a lousy excuse for what he did with Tess. Of course they had been split, so he was free to be whoever he wanted. Still, she had the deal with Future Max. But it was better excuse for what she did than Max falling victim to a pretty blonde when his former girlfriend didn't want to reconcile. I can see his burden once Alex died. He reacted badly. Both did.

Both made mistakes. Neither were saints. Neither should have been on pedastals. They both screwed up. But I thought Max looked worse, and it makes me question whether they even liked the character of Max.

Liz got off easier.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 01-07-2020, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

She deserved better imo & of course Max and Liz as well .
Old 01-07-2020, 05:07 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree I think at the end of season 2 you could tell the cast and everyone was frustrated how the network treated them and how the storyline went in season 2.

I always heard in Baby It's You that they didn't want Max to get that upset when he was kicking the garbage cans. Well Jason had other ideas and went there. I am so glad he did it made it more real.

I think it showed how fed up everyone was. The WB cancelled them, Colin was leaving and everyone including Colin was upset over Alex dying, Emilie was in tears over what they did to her character and how she was the one who killed him, and Jason was sick with the flu.

Maybe they were grateful for UPN picking them up but I agree season 3 was all over the place. New network and trying to get a new fan base.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 01-07-2020, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They were all young, and it for a lot of them, their first shows. If done the exactly same show done now, Katims would probably have been able to bring it's full vision for the series, as laid out in Season 1 to the the forefront. But because it was early in his own career. And the show was struggling. The networks had more leverage.

UPN didn't care at all to try save it in Season 3. They cut it at the first possibility.

WB did bring it back, and gave it a chance. But they meddled too much with the structure of the show and storylines.

And behind the scenes dramas was rampant I am told. But we were lucky to get a third season, and a proper finale.

Roswell New Mexico, the reboot, has been renewed for a third season despite it not starting until March. The network is bringing back basically everything due to a potential writer's strike later in the spring.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)

And behind the scenes dramas was rampant I am told. But we were lucky to get a third season, and a proper finale.
thanks God!

Quote:
Roswell New Mexico, the reboot, has been renewed for a third season despite it not starting until March. The network is bringing back basically everything due to a potential writer's strike later in the spring.

Interesting... now i want to see Shiri acting..
Old 01-07-2020, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She seems supportive of it. And Jason will be airing on it in it's second season. But she also has the Disney+ series she will be acting in. But who knows.

We were very lucky to get a proper send off. So many shows these days play games with the network. Daring them to cancel them after giving a cliffhanger. And most of the time, the networks call the bluff.

So, it was nice to get an appropriate send off even if the series should have been given more time to finish up the stories, the way they wanted to.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I think I am going to be sick! After all the original fans did to save our show between the Tabasco campaign and trying to get it on a new netowrk for season 3. This network goes and just hands them a new season!

I am SO sick of these remakes can't anyone think of an original story anymore! It just shows how desperate the CW really is. I don't think it will last long as a network. It started in 2006 so it has been a good 14 years.

Oh well there is a reason why our show Roswell has always lasted 20 years later we still are talking about it.

I don't think in 20 years people will still be talking about Roswell New Mexico.

Nothing can hold a candle to the original all the feels and characters were amazing! No matter how bad the storylines got to had to root for them and had to see how it all ended. 20 years later we still believe!

Oh well if Shiri and Jason get to work together again on different projects as a result of the show that shall not be named then I guess it was worth it.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 01-08-2020, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I can't wait for them to start promoting this season of Roswell NM .. Shiri/Jason stuff is expected a lot there or I hope so.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I suspect there will be mention, especially when show is reving up again. And especially for the episode Shiri is directing that Jason appears. They won't want to ignore it. But still, the show won't get a massive amount of marketing because it will appear in March.

But who knows...
Old 01-08-2020, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I just want new pics
Old 01-08-2020, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

what about a photoshoot?
Old 01-08-2020, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

Wow! Lots of thoughts to read on here these last few days. Good discussion!!! Love discussions!!

I am ready for a photo shoot !! Or at the very least some goodies from BTS of the episode Shiri directed!! Really want to see Jason and Shiri together again ( and I can pretend it’s Max and Liz )
Old 01-09-2020, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Im reaedy for new stuff! I miss them
Old 01-09-2020, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

Oh me too. I was sure we were going to have a photoshoot for the 20 years of the show and then.. nothing.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

that was a bummer... but I hope that once Roswell NM goes on the air we get something