Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2016, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Well, & those two episodes were terrible for Liz and Max/Liz, & yes I hate departure.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_liz (View Post)
Well, & those two episodes were terrible for Liz and Max/Liz, & yes I hate departure.
I will actually agree about Heart of Mine. Still can't watch that episode. I will watch End of the World before Heart of Mine. Or the youknowwhat with Max and Tess episode before I watch Heart of Mine for some reason.

I continue to disagree about Departure. For a potential series finale, I'll take it. Yes I hate the Max and Tess scenes early in the scenes but the end makes up for it.

It's completely bittersweet. Painful. But I'll take a ending that has Max and Liz in each other's arms. And Max trying to defend Liz to the ending of Destiny, or who it could have ended. Max actually leaving with Tess.

Departure is actually a good episode. It's dramatic. Of course the build up to it is marred about the show's insistence on keeping "Off the Menu" right before Departure, so it totally screws up the natural build up to Departure,...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 02-06-2016, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I never cared about HOM, Liz's behavior was very convenient .. & it was obvious the drastic change of direction.

I guess I cant overcome Departure bc I feel we never got a real close.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:07 PM
Elite Fan

I have to admit I liked the fact Liz was in Max's arms as soon as Tess left the Earth, just showed like much they still loved each other. If it was not for the baby everything would have been easier for them and JK hated that

Last edited by Amaranto; 02-06-2016 at 06:53 PM
Old 02-06-2016, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I think everyone was happy Max and Liz were back together and Michael stayed for Maria.

I felt bad for Kyle and Isabel. They lost a friend.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 02-06-2016, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranto (View Post)
I have to admit I liked the fact Liz was in Max's arms as soon as Tess left the Earth, just showed like much they still loved each other. If it was not for the baby everything would have been easier for them and JK hatet that
They probably figured good or bad, Max and Liz needed some consequences from the year apart. And all their decisions, good and bad they made during their time apart. There is no question if given the chance they would reunite immediately. Because they had been apart for so long, and they loved each other.

So they still needed some angst. And because the show continued, they felt the fallout of Tess's betrayal and all that was done especially since Alex died. And before in End of the World.

But if the series was going to end. I am glad Departure ended with Max and Liz in each other's arms. Nothing settled, but it was obvious if that was the last we saw of them, we would know they had a chance to make it work.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

It would have been terrible if the show ended with departure, i mean - that was all? I want to believe they knew there was a s3 and so they still went with the baby storyline.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It would have been terrible if the show ended with departure, i mean - that was all? I want to believe they knew there was a s3 and so they still went with the baby storyline.
I am not sure. I think the show was probably still on thin ice when they developed the finale. This way the show had a ending, if it ended. But had enough to go on, if the show continued with the aftermath of the Tess debacle.

If it was ending, then it had a clear "happy" ending in that Max and Liz was at least on their way back.

But why the kept the Tess stuff swirling. They had vanquished her (she was no longer on Earth), but not enough that she was off the table and Max and Liz couldn't feel the side effects from their encounter with her. And was the last piece for them to get over, so they could commit to each other and know they had made the right decision.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

But that was not enough, at least not for me.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:59 AM
Absolute Fan

Tftnt. Great debate.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But that was not enough, at least not for me.
We can't have everything LOL. The reunion was never going to be good enough unless they had more time to play with it. And they did in Season 3. But to finish of a season that came veryvery close to cancellation and did actually on the WB before being saved on another network. They could only do so much...

They needed to launch the plan to get off the Earth. For Tess to up her manipulation of Kyle and Max. For Max and Liz to exchange a very bittersweet parting full of long, love but knowledge that Max screwed up (or both of them did), and now Max was trying to live up to his obligation to his baby. And chose to sacrifice true love for the baby. And they had to figure out how to stop it all. So Michael finally decided to choose Earth after years of wanting off Earth. And chose Maria, which lead to them having to examine how strong their relationship was in the next months... And had to show how Liz could save, find out the truth about Alex's killer and somehow keep Max around...

They had a hell of a lot to do in one hour episode. Given they did not have a two parter to do it all in.

And they knew the show was potentially ending so they had to craft a ending that at least had a ending. And of course it ended, so they all had to face the fallout of now being on Earth because they chose it. And for Max having his baby out there... And what it meant for Max and Liz as found themselves in senior year, with graduation fast approaching.

It was about growing up. That year, they had to come through a lot. Could it have been better, but then the show was cancelled again, and the season order was cut at least four episodes so they didn't have time to complete everything they wanted to explore...

But they knew to craft a solid ending incase the show didn't get another miracle.

Given that the show was potentially ending, Departure was good enough for me.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

dp

Last edited by azure angel; 02-07-2016 at 08:33 AM
Old 02-07-2016, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Quote:
Just shows how much they cared about Max/Liz.

I'm happyt there was not a two hour episode with departure, it was just more of the same .
Old 02-07-2016, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

At least we got a happy ending and a wedding.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 02-07-2016, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I love their hippie wedding
Closed Thread   Post New Thread