Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2016, 05:02 AM
Master Fan

Awww, thanks for the video 💗💗💗💗💗
Old 02-03-2016, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

First video of the year. Many feelings. Should I add in the OP?
Old 02-03-2016, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

Yes, please
Old 02-03-2016, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

done
Old 02-03-2016, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks!

Listen their voices made me nostalgic
Old 02-03-2016, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Same here

Old 02-03-2016, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

I miss them
Old 02-04-2016, 04:02 AM
Master Fan

Me three! 😭
Old 02-04-2016, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Old 02-04-2016, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

From the other thread...

From maxliz

Quote:
I think if it was not for UPN Liz would not have powers
I disagree. The idea she had powers was always there since at least Max's ill-fated trip to New York. In Season 2, it showed she had the capacity to save him. She had some sort of gift. Of course it graduated to actual blasting, green energy and premonitions a year later. I think they always wanted to analyze the side effects the shooting had on Liz. But they decided to wait.

Ultimately it should have been earlier. So that they would have had more time to play with the idea. But I think when they did it. It was senior year. So graduation was fast approaching. And until then, high school had gone off the tracks and Liz's dreams had fallen off the original track she was on. So it was natural for her to finally face it in the wake of the disaster that was Utah (the arrest). And even before it, Alex's death and Tess' betrayal coupled with Max's decisions while they were apart.

So for it to come out then was more realistic as Maria was facing the fallout of Michael picking her, and picking Earth. Liz was facing what it meant to be "all in" with Max. Especially with the concept of the baby being out there. And all the emotions they had gone through over time.

Of course being saved, and being allowed to have a Season 3 allowed them to finally open the Pandora box of Liz having powers. Of course it now meant Tess was gone. So they were down a member of the "four". And Liz being Max's mate had more urgency to it and gave her a way to help them.

But I always figured they wanted to, but were waiting for the right time. And given all that had happened. Season 3, after Utah and all the crap with Alex and Tess and the baby, it was the perfect time. Because it allowed her to examine how much did she want Max, and how much can she handle to be with him.

I just wish we had more time to watch her deal with it.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 02-04-2016, 09:57 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Great video!

Aw the reunion photos of Jason and Shiri always make me so happy and nostalgic!

I think the storyline of Liz having powers was coming eventually. We saw a glimps of it when she could see the flashes in The Pilot and in Sexual Healing. Then we saw it again in season 2 with Max In The City how she was able to connect to Max.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 02-04-2016, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
Great video!

Aw the reunion photos of Jason and Shiri always make me so happy and nostalgic!

I think the storyline of Liz having powers was coming eventually. We saw a glimps of it when she could see the flashes in The Pilot and in Sexual Healing. Then we saw it again in season 2 with Max In The City how she was able to connect to Max.
Agreed. Although I am not sure the idea she had gifts was as present in the PILOT. Yes she was saved. But the reverse connection was basically at Max's instigation. But yeah by Sexual Healing, you really saw something was odd. The glowing hickies, and the fever that Liz felt. Of course it vanquished after the orbs were found. But it was odd. And showed something, that really came to forefront in the New York storyline with the Dupes. Even Ava said something changed in Liz when Max saved her. It formed a different kind of connection.

The flashes were there. But Michael also said he prevented Maria from seeing anything. So one could say all the aliens could develop some kind of flashes... But Michael was blocking for fear of her getting a sense of his baggage. But Max and Liz were more open. They didn't let anything block them.

Which was good and bad. Because it allowed them to love so freely. But it caused so much pain. Because once Tess came, Liz saw that it wasn't "just her" that allowed them to have a bond. But something was different about Liz.

I wish we had more time to see more...
Old 02-04-2016, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Well that's what I read anyway! Liz was having all those symptoms because Tess wanted to use her body to communicate with Max & UPN told Katims "no" ... because let's face it .. if they really wanted to explore Liz's changes, they had not done when the fate of the show was obvious.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_liz (View Post)
Well that's what I read anyway! Liz was having all those symptoms because Tess wanted to use her body to communicate with Max & UPN told Katims "no" ... because let's face it .. if they really wanted to explore Liz's changes, they had not done when the fate of the show was obvious.
That is a new one. Hadn't heard that. I long heard Katims had pretty much full autonomy in the third season to whatever he wanted. UPN could care less, which is why they cut bait as quick as possible when it was obvious the show wasn't getting the ratings...

By Christmas they had cut the order. By the time the Changes arc was airing, word came the show was cancelled unless the show got a miracle save somewhere else...

WB interfered with storyline direction in Season 1 and 2. UPN I doubt it. WB wanted more sci-fi. Which is why they brought in Tess in Season 1 earlier. She was supposed to be a season finale reveal. But they brought her in earlier to explore the royal four, book dynamic and have her start to mess with Max and Liz. And start to make it all the more fragile for them.

I do know in Season 2. The original version of the Vegas episode before they ended up sending everyone to Vegas was that episode would be like a redo of Freaky Friday. With Tess and Liz taking over each other's bodies to get a better viewpoint of the other. To maybe come out of it with a better appreciation of each other.

Which tells me they didn't plan on how Season 2 ended, until they had to write out Colin, and decided to kill off Alex. And they needed a sacrificial lamb to be the killer, and decided on Tess because if the show continued. They could explore the aftermath. She would be gone, and that might appease fans...

But when they decided on killing off Alex. They needed a villain.

I much prefer the Vegas episode. But I am curious how it would have gone if they had done a Freaky Friday type episode.

I am not sure Tess would have been communicating through Liz. The baby was already trying to communicate with Max in "Busted". Which sent him even more in the direction of finding them. There was no reason to use Liz. So I can't see that being true.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I tend to believe because Katims did not give a damn for Liz.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread