Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

Cap Fans #19: We like our shooters with TWO cups of vodka!

WELCOME CAP FANS!!

by RoswellMouse/Jodi

Virginia Fans
Mariael311- Woodbridge
RoswellMouse- Richmond
M&M forever- Leesburg
RoswellQueen- Centreville
RosChar- Mechanicsville
Lyndsi - Lynchburg
MommaC - Highland Springs
Angel - Virgina Beach
RoswellGirl67 - Stafford

Maryland Fans
ilmandyli- Baltimore
LTL- Silver Spring
Scottie- Laurel

Out-of-Towners
Roswelldesertsky- Germany
Dreamer 4 ever ~ Brooklyn, NY
Theroyal4 ~ Harrisburg, PA
cheriedreams ~ Santa Rosa, CA

Birthdays

January
RoswellGirl67 ~ 17

February
MommaC- 4
Mariael311- 11
cheriedreams - 11

March

April
ilmandyli- 7
LTL- 12

May
RoswellMouse- 18

June
RoswellQueen- 8
Roswelldesertsky- 19

July
Scottie- 17

August
M&M forever- 31

September
Dreamer 4 Ever - 18

October

November
RosChar- 1
Angel- 16

December
Lyndsi- 23
Old 08-30-2005, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

Hey Caps!

Last page of the old thread....

Can you tell that I need a drink?...ok..now i'm off to read..

I can't wait to the party! I'm looking forward to it.

I have no idea what this show is that y'all are talking about so sorry if I seem clueless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Hope~
Mar - Look at the difference between our post counts. And I even signed up months before you!! Can we say post whore!!
Don't be jealous!

Scottie- I'm working in VA. About 15 miles from my house in Springfield so I am nowhere near the city and that sucks becuase I miss having our lunches! Sunday may not be an issue...I'll just request the weekend off and see what I can do. And I'll pm you the directions...just need to get the exit number becuase I swear I never remember it!

mommaC- Life's been sucky for me...we got a date with the shooters!

M&M- That sucks about your company. I hope something good happens so you don't lose your cushy job. It's like a slap in the facce when you do. I miss spending ours on the net at work but c'est la vie and great pics!

Hey Angel, Jen, LTL, Jodi, Char, Cherie, Barb and all!
Old 08-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Love the title, Mar!

Thanks for the new thread!

Because the story isn't over... RoswellMovie.net
Old 08-30-2005, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

No prob!

I was thinking..party. next week...omg..LIQOUR!!! I'm having a drought in my house!
Old 08-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

Old 08-31-2005, 05:29 AM
Addicted Fan

M&M!!! I hope you have an awesome birthday, sweetie! Have Mr. M&M take you some place really expensive and treat you to some fine dining. Or...have him make you a tasty little dinner at home and take it from there! I hope all is well with you and the tornado wasn't anywhere near you. I get kind of confused when they talk about Virginia in the news and I heard about a tornado someplace in Virginia!

Is everyone else okay? We sure are having tropical air here today, really breezy and the clouds are amazing!

Okay, so are we saying there WILL be two cups of vodka in the shooters? I can make them any way you all want, but I saw lots of GAGGING when I made them with two cups last time!

Mar - tht's funny, we didn't even notice we'd gone over the usual thread post count! See what happens to us when you're not around to keep us in line? Hey...are you reading Chris' new Zan/Khivar story? Ahem...you should! It's really naughty! I'm glad to hear that you can take the weekend off, we can all get together on Sunday (anyone who wants to) and take MidwestMax some place fun!

Momma - was I the "dog" that barked loud enough to call you out of hiding? If so, I'm happy! We missed you! When you're down in the dumps, come here for a quick fix, we're always ready to cheer up a pal! Sorry life's been treating you rough. It seems like lots of us have been thrown lemons lately

Angel! I saw you lurking up there!

LTL - check in please, dear. How's life treating you?

Char - ditto!

Cherie - great to see you check in now and then. I see that you're reading Chris's new story! What's next for you in your travels? I wish you could hop on a plane and come to the party, we'd love to see you!

Hope - I need to catch up on The 4400. I have no idea what you guys are talking about either. I wish I could have seen more of the marathon. I just saw a guy who was living in an alternate reality who found out he wasn't really where he was supposed to be, but he was having such a good life in the alternate reality that he didn't want to go back to the other reality (the real one). Made my head swim! But it was good!
Old 08-31-2005, 05:41 AM
LTL
Master Fan

Hey, Caps!

M&M: Tell everyone at work that as a present to yourself, you are not going to work yourself ragged today. That's the worst of both worlds -- the job has gotten terrible, but you're afraid you'll lose it.

Scottie: It goes. I've been running back and forth to hospitals and trying to keep up with work. Then when I get home, I usually have 2 or 3 phone calls to make, then I collapse into bed. But I still manage to now and then.

I also managed to catch up on one of DMartinez's fics last night, but I am so behind on my fanfic.

Angel, mommaC, good to see you around here again.

Cherie: RG has checked in recently and sounded good.

Thanks for all the good wishes. It helps to have good family and good friends.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:48 AM
Addicted Fan

LTL - glad to see you! I'm so sorry things are tough right now. It's nice to see that you're coping with things now and I hope things ease somewhat for you. The nice thing about fanfic is that when you do get back to reading it, you won't have to wait for new parts!
Old 08-31-2005, 06:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey guys

M&M - that bites. I hope that they can pull things together. We are always worried that HP will go through big layoffs and Bruce will actually have to GO to a job everyday. Right now his job is ideal. He works hard, but he doesn't have to fight traffic to get to it.

Is the party next week? Good grief, no wait a minute it's only the 31st. I was having a panic attack when I read next week. My house is a mess. Does Midwest Max know how to get to my house? At least my garbage disposal decided to explode yesterday instead of when you guys are here, a new one has been installed so that's taken care of.

TWO cups of vodka? I remember the gagging too. Maybe 1 1/2 this time. Almost as much punch, but maybe a little better taste? I know that I thought fire was going to shoot out of my mouth after one taste.

Bruce and I have discovered a new show to obsess over. 24 with Keifer Southerland. We've been driving all over Hanover and Henrico to find the next disc for Season 1 and now we're on Season 2. We're trying to get through Season 3 before the Season 4 premiere comes out. Maybe we'll move onto Alias after this show. I loved the 4400, but I haven't had the time to watch it and I keep forgetting to record it. I've got a bunch of "The Closer", "Desperate Housewives" and "Grey's Anatomy" that are recorded but I haven't watched them.

Debbie you were right, Desperate Housewives is so funny.

Well, Bruce and I sucked it up yesterday and let Linds go to Kings Dominion with friends and a parent. Once again she was the only girl. By 8:30 we were standing at the door watching for her. I don't know what we'll do when she's in HS, it's going to kill Bruce to let her go. He kept telling her that he was going to call the mother and offer to go along to help chaperone. You should have seen her face. It was pretty funny, he finally relented and told her he was joking. But the truth is I think he would have done it if she'd given him the okay.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

M&M!!!!! Hope it's a great one!

Scottie: I had emailed Char asking about her family in Florida because of Katrina and she told me you were about to set the dogs on me. So I guess she heard you bark and passed it on to me.

LTL: I feel for you. My family is having health issues also. They're too numerous to go into now.

On top of the health issues, my 18 year old, grown up(cough,cough) son has decided to be a pain in the ass.

Char: I kept telling you that Desperate Housewives was a hoot. I can't wait for it to start up again. If you're looking for a good show, Alias is a really good one. I think this is the last year of it though. But it's definitely worth watching. I've never been able to get into 24. I love Keifer Sutherland, but the show just doesn't grab me.

Mar: I can understand your pain. I've been working for the State of VA for almost 30 years and things just aren't the same. I can't say I've ever actually loved my job, but there was a time I didn't mind getting up and coming to work. Now it's a whole different story.

Hope: I have to agree about Isabel. She's kind of freaky. At first I thought she was all good, but now I'm not so sure. She killed that so-called Reverend and his sons to protect herself and her parents. But she hurt Richard because he and Lily were arguing. There's a lot on that show I don't understand, but I guess that's why I keep watching.

Jodi: Have you decided on the games to win the DVD's?

Okay, now on to party details...

Do y'all want the meatballs again? Or should I fix something else? Should I fix the punch again or not?

Hey to everyone else
Old 08-31-2005, 09:14 AM
Loyal Fan

I love your meatballs, Debbie, but then you knew that.

1 1/2 cups in the shooters is cool with me.

Happy B-day M&M!

Char, that is so funny about Bruce. Last time we talked, he was threatening to go. I'm glad he was able to let go a little bit.

I can't wait to see all of you. It's going to be so much fun. Not sure on the contest yet, but i'll think of something.

Because the story isn't over... RoswellMovie.net
Old 08-31-2005, 09:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

to everyone

i am soo excited for this weekend! i cant wait
i'm going out to Fontana to see my Nascar boys
Old 08-31-2005, 10:42 AM
Addicted Fan

Char - I think I need to give Midwest Max directions to your house, but I'm not quite sure which route she's taking as she's coming directly from her home to your house. I'll have to ask her which way she's coming, probably through West Virginia!

I've watched 24 since season 2. I caught the last half of season 1 on an FX marathon and stayed up till midnight to see the conclusion, then I started watching religiously when season 2 started up. I love the show, but sometimes it is pretty silly. But I love Tony and Michelle and I'm so glad they came back for the last season. I especially liked last season, but so much happened in those 24 hours it was almost laughable! Of course I'm hooked on Alias too. I'm dying to see what happened after the car accident. I'm *this* close to reading spoilers!

Momma - why do you think Alias is only going to last one more season, is it because of ratings or JJ Abrams losing interest? Do you have any details? And yes, I had the hounds all gathered up and they had both your's and Char's scents. You were lucky you came in when you did!

I love your meatballs, so please bring them!

Okay, so the consensus is 1 1/2 cups of vodka. That means we'll have to change the thread title! J/K

Angel - have fun with the NASCAR boys!
Old 08-31-2005, 12:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Scottie: I get the feeling that this may be the last season of Alias because of some of the rumors I've heard. There's talk that Michael Vartan is leaving the show during the season. Of course it hasn't been confirmed that I've seen. But it would be my luck for TPTB to muck around with one of my favorite shows and kill off Vaughan just when he and Sydney have gotten together good. I'd be so pissed. And Nadia, what are they going to do with her character? And I want more Weiss. I know what I'd like to do with Sloan, but I'd probably have to stand in line. I hope that Irina is back for this season. I really like Lena Olin.

Okay, I'll bring the meatballs again. Should I bring the punch or forget about it? What's everyone else fixing? How many of us is it going to be this time?

Angel: I see by your avatar that you like Kasey Kahne. I have just recently started paying any real attention to NASCAR. I have to say that from what I watched, Jimmie is the man! My husbands family are big Junior fans.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Let's see

We've got:

*Shooters with lots of vodka
*strawberries and m&m's
*meatballs and punch (at least I vote for punch)
*Artichoke dip
*I usually make sandwiches (do you guys like both ham and turkey or would you just prefer one or the other?) I've noticed that one sandwich always disappears first but I can't remember which one. I can get some chips and soft drinks too.

Mar are you making the seven layer dip again?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread