Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2005, 09:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

No, you didn't offend me at all! What I meant was calling him an idiot was to nice. I've got a few cuss words I prefer.

I haven't been to a calling of the clans. I missed it last year at the Classic. I hope to see it this year.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Hope - I'm glad I didn't offend you! Do you remember in The Fiery Cross when they had the calling of the clans? That was so cool! I'd love to see it and participate.

I see you like Lost, by your avi!
Old 08-29-2005, 11:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Scottie - Yeah, don't worry about offending me. My friends here hate him. You should here what they say!

Is Fiery Cross a movie? If it is I haven't seen it. I had a lot of fun at the Classic last year. They do a lot of really cool things and there is tons to see and participate it. I believe after 8:00 or 9:00 at night they have a ceilidgh for everyone to join in and dance. Not that I would. I don't dance unless I'm in a dark crowded room with lots of flashing lights.

And yes, I love Lost. The 4400 is my other favorite show.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie
Morning Caps!

Angel! Congratulations on the weight loss! I thought you looked GOOD! I love your new Cali-girl haircut too! That's a fabulous pic of you and Jen and the waiter. I wish you could come to the party!
why thank you
i miss you soo much! i need to try to call you soon.. cuz we soo need to talk!

Mar! thanks girl!

LTL- hope things are working out better for you!
Old 08-30-2005, 06:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Caps

I'm about ready to commit murder at my job. I'm so stressed On top of the massive amount of work I am doing, our company is in major financial problems. Basically we have been told that if something doesn't happen soon we are going to be out of business by the end of the year. This is horrifying news to me. I've been at this job longer than any others and thought I would be here for YEARS because let's face it for the most part I have a cushy job. Now I may have to go get a "real" job. I don't want to.

Oh a happier note: Here are a couple of pics from Disneyland.

Can't wait to see everyone next weekend.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:06 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Hope~
Is Fiery Cross a movie? If it is I haven't seen it. I had a lot of fun at the Classic last year. They do a lot of really cool things and there is tons to see and participate it. I believe after 8:00 or 9:00 at night they have a ceilidgh for everyone to join in and dance. Not that I would. I don't dance unless I'm in a dark crowded room with lots of flashing lights.

And yes, I love Lost. The 4400 is my other favorite show.
Fiery Cross is the latest Jamie/Claire Outlander series book by Diana Gabaldon. I thought we'd talked about that when you were at my house, but maybe we didn't get to that! If you haven't read the series - you HAVE to. If you want to talk more about them, pm me, so we don't bore everyone else and I'll give you the scoop. I hope I can go to the Classic, I'll find out this weekend what our Renn Faire plans are.

I watched some of the 4400 marathon on FX this weekend, it looked interesting, But I really have no idea what was going on. At the end of one of the eps, they played Lifehouse's "You and Me" and I love that song.

Angel - well you look great. We do need to catch up!

Mar - I need directions to your house, could you pm me? I know the general direction (south!) but I get mixed up once I get off at your exit and I need the exit name and number and all that good stuff. Would you (if you were me) come around 95 via the Woodrow Wilson bridge or would you come across the American Legion Bridge way? That's the way LTL and I usually come, but I pick her up in Silver Spring, that's why we go that way. Midwest Max will be driving separately and I have to figure out how to get her home to Laurel if my car's at your house. Decisions...decisions!

RM - I'll bring a veggie tray/dip combo in addiiton to the jello shooters. Since LTL can't make it, I'll bring her traditional veggies.

Anyone heard from MommaC lately? Do we need to send out the dogs?

Hope everyone has a great day and stays nice and dry. Katrina really did a number on the south and I hope everyone's okay. Our previous Ros2 Mod, Thicket, was from around there. Anyone heard if she's okay? I've lost touch with her. Jen???
Old 08-30-2005, 07:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Scottie Diana Gabaldon has a new one coming out in September called "A Breath of Snow and Ashes". I love her series. I am determined to go back and read them all again before the new one comes out. I've forgotten stuff. Or I need to go buy the Outlander Companion. Maybe that will help me remember all the historical facts.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi, CAPS! Miss you all and so wish I could just jump a plane and be with you on the 10th. Internet has been sucky lately..so I just wanted to let you all know I'm thinking about you. Is ROSWELLGIRL67 OK? I haven't seen her on the board lately.

Cherie
Old 08-30-2005, 09:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi Everyone!

I heard the dogs barking off in the distance and thought I'd better check in. RL has been taking a toll on me lately and I feel like I've been hit with my own personal Katrina. I haven't been very good company since the end of July. I've been lurking now and again, just haven't been chatty. I'm looking forward to the party on the 10th. I really need it. You guys always manage to cheer me up and help me forget the crap for awhile.

Hope - I'm into The 4400, too. I can't say I understand everything that's going on, but it keeps me interested. I'd love to hear your take on the season finale. Damn, but that girl grew up fast!
Old 08-30-2005, 10:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah MommaC what is up with that. I thought I was seeing V- the series all over again where the Star child ages from age 8 to 18 over night. I love the show but I'm hoping that aren't going to take it to far.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

M&M - And to top it all off, she's wandering around the 4400 sanctuary naked while her mom is looking for her "baby". Jordan sure didn't look dead at the end. What the heck was with having Kyle 'assassinate' him, his body be stolen and then he's alive back at the place the 4400 arrived together? I tell ya, Isabel is one tricky little wench. I'm not sure I trust her. Guess we'll find out next summer.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

When Isabel started giving her mother those flashes at the hideout I was like, ok, Rosemary's Baby?! I remember the epi when they first started showing her powers. I thought it was cool the way the trees bowed to the car as they were driving at the end of the show. Now I think she's just plain freaky. And I totally didn't expect to see her grow up that quick. M & M - I forgot all about V until you said that. I was sad when Kyle turned himself in and then thinking wtf when they showed Jordan at the lake. I'm thinking maybe something more is going to happen with Kyle. Like he took responsibility and turned himself in so the future people brought Jordan back to get him off maybe? Or, they screwed up when they changed Jordan, so they had to take him out and now they're bringing a new improved Jordan back? I have no clue. I just know that I can't wait till next season!!
Old 08-30-2005, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

holy crap...you guys have been busy..off to start the new thread!