Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy (View Post)
I'm trying to get my friends one by one into it, so that they can't make fun of me.

Are you a Roswell fan Carol? Or is that not a Jason Behr avie? I feel like I've asked you this question once before.
Yeah I became a roswell fan in second season but did not find out about fanforum till later. I like jason behr as an actor though

I know that my cousin mother, who is also is my cousin, she reads Harry Potter and did not become a fan till after she saw it laying around one day and decided to read it and became hooked so I am hoping to get her rope into the series.

Thank you Stefy for making me feel welcome
#154 OBSESSED JB FAN
Icon by mesmerise
Old 09-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by out of this world (View Post)
Ok I am starting to feel a little bit better. l
aww ... Once people are out of their teens, they don't tend to be as forthcoming divulging their age. I've got over a decade on you.

To me, the beginning of Twilight seemed more geared to young adult, but New Moon & Eclipse seem less teen orientated ... if that makes sense.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Well I just turned 21 and I LOVE the books, and a co-worker/friend of mine just got hooked after I lent her twilight and she is nearly 30, and yet on FF and other websites I have seen fans as young as 12 so like sKennedy said, age doesn't really matter when it comes to these books. anyone can pretty much relate to them and fall in love with the characters
Icon by: 4EVERANDALWAYS
Old 09-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Yeah I became a roswell fan in second season but did not find out about fanforum till later. I like jason behr as an actor though

I know that my cousin mother, who is also is my cousin, she reads Harry Potter and did not become a fan till after she saw it laying around one day and decided to read it and became hooked so I am hoping to get her rope into the series.

Thank you Stefy for making me feel welcome
No problem

I actually first came to FF because of Roswell. I get so much slack for it because my friends think it was the worst show ever, but I can't helping loving it.
Jason Behr is great. I think Jason and Katherine Heigl were probably the best actors on that show. (Don't tell my Candy friends that I said that )

Quote:
She likes Emily, just like we do, so I have high hopes for Emily to be Bella...
Emily would be a great Bella. I can totally see it.
Although I have to say this, which Becca is going to be super angry at me for , but I don't really see Gaspard as Edward. ::Let me hide now:: He is ok and kinda hot, but I won't go nuts if he isn't chosen.

Quote:
anyone can pretty much relate to them and fall in love with the characters
Yeah I agree with Heather

Quote:
To me, the beginning of Twilight seemed more geared to young adult, but New Moon & Eclipse seem less teen orientated ... if that makes sense.
I can see what you mean. The first book had more stuff about high school, prom and the topic of alienation in high school continued to pop up with the Cullens never being able to fit in. The other two books were not centered so much on those things, so they are less teen oriented.

LiveJournal
Old 09-27-2007, 12:30 AM
Elite Fan

I'll just add to the age reveal shall I? I'm 20 and my sister is 17 and we both adore the books. And one of the people I work with is 28 and he loves the books too. I don't think age is a factor at all when it comes to reading the series. Or any book at all really. As long as you're enjoying it that's great .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
I really agree with that . They seemed to graduate slightly from teen-ish to a little older as they went along. And now that I think about it I think that may be some of the reason I enjoyed the last two books more than Twilight. I wonder if the next book will go in the same direction.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Emily would be a great Bella. I can totally see it.
Although I have to say this, which Bekka is going to be super angry at me for , but I don't really see Gaspard as Edward. ::Let me hide now:: He is ok and kinda hot, but I won't go nuts if he isn't chosen.
Well don't worry I won't be super angry I do love Gaspard, but theres a part of me that wouldn't die if he wasn't picked, just because of the small/big problem with him... his accent, I mean he's a wonderful actor & he's a great Edward to me, but theres something in me that says he's not gonna get picked because of that accent, it's really strong, & even in Hannibul Rising, as he was speaking, it was great english, but the accent really stuck out so I'm ok if he doesn't get picked, just a little upset... I really like Brandon Routh though, although people say he's too old, I still think he can make a awesome Edward...

As to the age thing, I'm 16 & I'm hooked, I guess like you guys said it's just one of those books that no matter what age you are you can love it... that's why I love it so much...

Man I was in art class the other day & couple of these girls were talking about books they've read & I said oh have you guys read Twlight & they all said yes & we were talking about New Moon & Eclipse & everything, & than one of the girls says she hated Bella, & I just looked at her like 'huh?' I don't get how someone can not like Bella, I mean 1 it's her point of view & 2 she's just awesome, but the girl said she was annoying & I forgot the other thing she called her, I'll remember tomorrow though lol
Where you are going will be better
Old 09-28-2007, 05:02 AM
Master Fan

hey guys i only just read Twilight, and thought i should come and post over her showing my love
Old 09-28-2007, 06:52 AM
Ultimate Fan

Welcome Cute icon!
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 09-28-2007, 09:50 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I don't get how someone can not like Bella, I mean 1 it's her point of view & 2 she's just awesome, but the girl said she was annoying & I forgot the other thing she called her, I'll remember tomorrow though lol
Becca I read this girl's post once on youtube and she said that she didn't like Bella either, mostly because she was too indecisive and couldn't make up her mind.
I was surprised as well. If I can't relate to the main character of a book or if I don't like him/her, I tend to throw the book to the side. It would be difficult for me to hate them and yet, like the book.

courtneymudie7 Welcome to the thread! I agree, your icon is cute.

LiveJournal
Old 09-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

Courtney, your icon is adorable. I love it.

I love Bella, but on the other hand she does annoy me sometimes. It might not make sure sense but I am glad Bella is when of those characters that can frustrate me, because if she was too perfect I would probably hate the series. I think when characters have flaws it gives us the readers a chance to see them grow.

Icon by Periwinkles
Old 09-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggiepopple (View Post)
Courtney, your icon is adorable. I love it.

I love Bella, but on the other hand she does annoy me sometimes. It might not make sure sense but I am glad Bella is when of those characters that can frustrate me, because if she was too perfect I would probably hate the series. I think when characters have flaws it gives us the readers a chance to see them grow.
I completely agree! I sort of believe that about real life as well. When I see someone change a minor thing on them, makes me too think that it those flaws are what makes the person and their personality.

Carol
#154 OBSESSED JB FAN
Icon by mesmerise
Old 09-28-2007, 03:12 PM
Supreme Fan

Well I mean at times yes Bella can get annyoing but seriously it's not like she's so horrible, I just don't see how anyone can not like Bella. she also called her winey... Bella is so not winey

courtneymudie7
Welcome!
Where you are going will be better
Old 09-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Absolute Fan

I agree with the comment about characters with flaws. Those flaws are what helps us relate to the characters and the problems they face within the novel. If they were too perfect, they would be 2 dimensional and dull.

LiveJournal
Old 09-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah I think it's like Harry Potter. Any age can appreciate it.

By the way, your avie freaked me out when his eyes changed color. Very Cool!

i hope it freaked you out in a good way im in chapter 11 of new moon already! haha. i just started yesterday. i was always fighting my urge to sleep. and cry

Quote:
I totally agree about the age thing. I mean I have a cousin who is a young teen that got me into the books. I sometimes feel like I should not be reading them cause I feel old when they label the books teen.

I hope this a ok question to ask but what are some of the ages reading the books? maybe I will not feel so bad

Carol
i was looking for the book ages ago and was having a hard time. because i was looking it under the fiction/humanities, not under young adult i think the book is not really just for the teens and it would be more appreciated if matured people are reading it

btw i just turned 20

angelica
Old 09-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't even notice his eyes changing color until you mentioned it. Shows how observant I am.

Hey Court . Finally decided to join us eh?

Bella annoys me sometimes too. But so does Edward. So does Jacob. So does Alice... Ok, Alice has never annoyed me, but the point is, if it's a good book and the characters have an actual realistic personality it's inevitable that they will occasionally do something you don't agree with or something that irritates you. The point of a decent story is to make you feel.

Bookstores screw me around all the time with where they put stuff. I've seen Twilight in a different section every store I go into . Young Adult, Science-Fiction, Fantasy... I've seen it in all.