Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jen didn't even come over to the Grimm board to see that we had a birthday party for her.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~

Last edited by Lutesse; 10-25-2013 at 01:10 PM
Old 10-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

Jen, get over there!

And could I spend the money on something else?
Old 10-25-2013, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'd like to spend it on something else, too. I consider shoes boring.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 10-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And could I spend the money on something else?
Umm hmm...naw. Just buy shoes and send them to me. I need to build my shoe collection back up.

At one point I had over 20 pairs, majority of them were flip flops though.

April
Old 10-26-2013, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can't remember the last time I bought shoes... Oh wait, does work shoes count?

Gah! I am SO glad this week, especially this day is over. Man that was the craziest day ever. Thank god it's once a year thing.
I think I'm taking the next week recovering

The money will be good. I'll probably get between $650-700 for the entire week.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk On You (View Post)
Umm hmm...naw. Just buy shoes and send them to me. I need to build my shoe collection back up.
Don't be greedy.

Jen: Whoa, that's a lot of money. I suppose that makes it worth it?
Old 10-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is a lot of money. I really need to move to Australia. That's close to 2 week pay for me. Well 2 weeks after insurance, taxes and all that good stuff, depending on the actual amount of hours I worked usually around $320ish a week.

April
Old 10-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, it is. I guess it helps that monday - friday my workpay is $21.00 , Saturdays $26.00 and if you're lucky, Sunday and public holidays are $30.00 an hour.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh damn. Here I'm making $11.75 an hour. Which for having no degree and even the type of work I do is probably one of the best pay you can find.

I don't know what's been wrong with me lately. Where I finish a book in 3 days tops, it's been taking me almost a whole month. But I also been busy lately, especially with fall tv back on.

April
Old 10-27-2013, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I have seen people who get as low as $7 or $10 in the US/Canada.

I'm not sure why Australian pay is much higher But I'm not complaining.

Yeah, TV can make you behind in reading. I'm behind in a few shows and it always happens. I'm reading this book right now I am loving, it's like.. wow.. I totally did not see one thing coming. I can't see how the MC is gonna react!
This:

3 seconds left to live. Once the countdown starts, it cannot be stopped.

2 pawns thrown into a brutal underground reality game.

Kira Jordan survived her family's murder and months on plague-devastated city streets with hard-won savvy and a low-level psi ability. She figures she can handle anything. Until she wakes up in a barren room, chained next to the notorious Rogan Ellis.

1 reason Kira will never, ever trust Rogan. Even though both their lives depend on it.

Their every move is controlled and televised for a vicious exclusive audience. And as Kira's psi skill unexpectedly grows and Rogan's secrets prove evermore deadly, Kira's only chance of survival is to risk trusting him as much as her instincts. Even if that means running head-on into the one trap she can't escape.

GAME OVER
Old 10-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

Ooooh, that sounds interesting. *puts on to-read list*
Old 10-27-2013, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, I have seen people who get as low as $7 or $10 in the US/Canada.

I'm not sure why Australian pay is much higher But I'm not complaining.
Federal min wage here is $7.50 I think or $7.25, I can't remember which. And that just happened in the last few years. When I started working at 16 it was $5.15. Waitress min wage is like $2 something, but that because they get tips. And I believe the real good waitresses can bring up at least $300 or more a week. But still I can barely survive off of $11.75. Granted I do spend $200-300 a month on credit card bills/student loans. But rent is still outrageous.

Maybe y'all cost of living is higher? Or your economy is just better.

April
Old 10-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

wow.. $2.. I know you can get tips, but man.. they should pay them a reasonable age nonetheless.

Waiters/Waitresses here are prob like $17 or something.

Yeah, maybe the economy is better, I'm not sure. The US has plenty of money, I just dont understand why they don't pay its employees more.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. I do know that if it's a slow day or something like that and you barely get any tips, the company have to comp you to make it where you made min wage for the day. Let's say you, it's completely dead and you only made $20 in tips for a 8 hour day. Plus the $2.50 an hour, that's $40. Min wage for 8 hr day is $60, so the company will have to adjust your pay and give you $20 more. It sounds riduclous, but I guess depending on how good you are and where you work you can bring home a lot of money.

Maybe I'll just move to Australia for a year and do nothing but work and then move home with all that money.

Which the question of cost of living..do you have any idea how much a young person would pay for a place to live, electric bill, cable and internet?

Where we live all that is about $1200 or a little more a month.

April
Old 10-27-2013, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I guess it is handy is you are good at your job... if not, well, it isn't good at all.

Um lets see.. well since I don't have cable, I can only go on what I pay.
phone/internet would be $100 a month. My half of the rent is $130 per fortnight (2 weeks). other than that, all I have to pay is my half of electricity since I don't have gas, so it's only one and that would be about $50 (my half) every 3 months.

It depends how much you are paying for rent and where, if you're in public housing or private rental.

When I lived in Adelaide, we used to pay $800 a month for a 3 bed house. Every city is different and depends on location.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread