Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2004, 04:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Mini DVD: Creation didn't post a limit number, but they did say it was a limited offer. They haven't said they have reached their max yet, so it's still OK to order.

Farscape Community news: The Ulitimate Farscape Board is closing (sorry E7).

Conventions: Is anyone here going to the convention in Burbank or the Creation convention in NY? Ben, Gigi and Anthony will be there so it will be like a mini Farscape convention.

D'Argo: Anthony has said that he truly believes that D'Argo died, but we didn't actually see him die, so I'll keep hope alive.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Joshua
I just watched the second episode again, and was wondering something. Is the women who played Matala the same one who played Grayza?
Nope.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

Woo hoo! Autograph here I come.

Maybe I should order a second one!
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Skippy Doo
D'Argo: Anthony has said that he truly believes that D'Argo died, but we didn't actually see him die, so I'll keep hope alive.
Any idea why they killed him off? Did Anthony want out, or what? For a fan-friendly show, this sure seems unfriendly: killing off a favorite character. OK, Zahn, and Crais / Talon, but still...
Old 10-31-2004, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Well, there are several things that it could be attributed too, most likely, just blind luck on the writer's part. Someone had to, heightened the drama, it was just a matter of picking that someone. We knew it couldn't be John or Aeryn...and no one would care of it were Scorp or Sikouzu, which leaves Moyo, Pilot, D'argo, Chiana or Rygel. Small group.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Some news on the DVD for the US and the UK

Quote:
A round-up of "Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars" DVD information for North America
and the UK.

For North America, the PK Wars DVD is being distributed by Lions Gate
Home Entertainment. It will be released on January 18th and is now
available for pre-order.

Deepdiscountdvd.com is offering the DVD for around $11. And Amazon.com
has it up for around $14.

Creation Entertainment is also offering a pre-order special that will
include an autographed Farscape picture (with a 1-in-25 chance of having
the picture autographed by Ben, or Claudia, or Ben and Claudia), for around $28
w/shipping. (creationent.com)

For the UK, the BBC Cult website has some details on the UK release. It
will be out early next year from Contender Entertainment. You can read
about it here -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/cult/...29/15152.shtml

Reggie: Hi What DK, Brian Henson, and Anth have said about their decision to kill off D'Argo was about story. They have all said things along the lines of the fact that the story needed the weight and consequences of someone's real death in a heroic manner to show the huge consequences and effects of the series of events that the story deals with. Like Boromir's death in the Lord of the Rings, the story is stronger for making the struggle a life and death one. If they had sontered onto a planet where a major battle was taking place between the Scarrans and Peacekeepers and no one had been harmed the story would have lost its realism. And as for the choice that it be D'Argo. Well, the best are always the ones taken too early. As an aside, I'm sure that the decision was aided by the fact that the D'Argo costume is so hard on Anth. Like the full body paint on Virginia the costume was not an easy one to live with.

I have to admit that my love of D'Argo's character has increased with the mini. He's a tragic hero, hurt and heart broken over the course of the series. The only member of the crew not on a self serving quest but a search of his lost son. He achieves his goal, but is heart broken by Jothee's betrayal. I think his character is the one that matures most over the years and experiences so many things, both good and bad.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Though I love D'Argo as well, I am not that upset that they killed the character off. For now at least.

Out of all of the aliens (not including Aeryn, but more like Chiana, Rygel, Zahnn), D'Argo's story was the one that we actually saw come to a resolution. He found Jothee, had issues with Jothee and later resolved their differences. He made peace with his wife's death and confronted her brother. We found out that he did nto commit the murder he was accused of. He and Chiana's relationship was again on the upswing and was looking promising. He was ready to settle down on Hyneria and farm. We really saw throughout the seasons, D'Argo's growth from angry bitter Luxan suspicious of everyone to become the Captain of Moya. I loved his journey and I am glad he went out in style with his story resolved. Can't ask for a better send off than that.

But the rest of the characters like Chiana and Rygel still have a ways yet to go in their stories. The mini didn't even touch upon the Nebari threat and barely touched on Rygel returning to his throne. Still more story to tell with those characters. BTW, we still don't know squat about Noranti. Even with Sikozu I think their could be more to tell if she got off the planet before it got eaten by the warmhole weapon.

Old 11-02-2004, 02:01 AM
Elite Fan

Big ifs there...but I agree...I'd really like to see the Nebari story explored more, but I'm kinda really partial to them
Old 11-04-2004, 10:22 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Houston I agree. In fact, I thought the same thing. As the minni entered its last hour, I kept thinking that D'Argo's story was over. He had Chi and he and Jothee seemed like they could make up. I should have known. I mean, I knew that someone was going to die and to be honest I really didn't see it being D'Argo. I thought maybe Chi or Scorpy, but not beloved D'argo. However, looking back and stopping to think about it-it makes sense they'd kill him, at least from a story point of view. The perfect hero's end and a ending to a finished story. D'Argo came full circle.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:00 AM
Elite Fan

I'd still like to see him in a pair of overalls, with a straw hat and a piece of hay in his mouth.

Farmer D'argo....just can't get the image in my head.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar
I'd still like to see him in a pair of overalls, with a straw hat and a piece of hay in his mouth.

Farmer D'argo....just can't get the image in my head.
Now that I would pay to see.

Rewatched some early season one episodes last night and D'Argo looked different, thinner. Plus, Aeryn had her big gun instead of the pulse rifle. Etc, etc. It's always strange to go back to early episodes of a show and see the little things that have changed.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Well, I can see that D'argo's plotline had come to a quitting place, as had Zahn's; but I still don't like it. This isn't "Survivor: Moya", afer all.

Any word on what's next? More mini-series, a movie, or back to a series?
Old 11-08-2004, 02:17 AM
Elite Fan

Well, now we're at the decision time.

Unfortunatley, while skiffy digests this knowledge, it's got 300 other things coming up. Earthsea and BSG amoung others. The ratings were fairly solid, though, so I would have to believe something would come of it. Has anyone heard what the pre-sale DVD figures are yet?
Old 11-08-2004, 09:41 AM
Elite Fan

I have just seen the miniseries, even though season four is yet to come out in Oz, either on dvd/vhs or even on free to air tv. hehe I got my imports 18 months ago from the U.K. haha Anywayz, where was I? Oh yeah, the miniseries...It was good and all, but I was dissappointed about a few things...they did not explain how or why Chi can now see at all, last we all saw was her she was blind and was standing next to D'Argo when John & Aeryn were crystalized. Also, I noticed it was a different actor for Jothee and the Scarran bitca... One other thing that irked me, was when they named the baby D'Argo, very-obvious that was, nice and all, but too-obvious imo. And I think they (Rocknie and the other writers) must have forgotten that they already did a summary of what happened after season four in the final issue of the FarScape magazine, it is set a few hundred years in the future, a time where Pilot is no longer attached to Moya but can still pilot her and he now has a human-like body. They are all going to Rygel's funeral. Chiana was on Hyneria for quite a few years with Rygel...THAT part they got right in the miniseries! hehe But the baby's name....argh......frelled that up! Anyway, Rocknie actually WROTE that story in the final issue of the FarScape magazine...so I am disappointed that he'd neglect some of its history. But then again, FarScape does frell up in its writing occasionally. eg: During the finalé of season two, Crichton has the chip removed, he gets the doc to touch the part of his brain he said it was 'u.s. presidents - Nixon to Clinton...cut it!'. Yet in that episode where the Moya gang go to Earth in the 1980's, they are in orbit at the beginning, listening to radio transmissions from Earth, we heard pres reagan or someone during the era that Crichton should have NO memory of, yet he explains 'that is pres Reagan...we're back in time, the 1980s.' (or something to that effect). So?!... he, hehe I'll write more later.

Last edited by Camibra; 11-08-2004 at 09:53 AM
Old 11-08-2004, 02:22 PM
Extreme Fan

They did explain how Chi can see. She got new eyes with that doctor fellow.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread