Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2004, 01:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, Zathras was great.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:38 AM
Elite Fan

Not good at understanding things, but very good at doing things...

Great episode.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:53 AM
New Fan

Sad news, one of my favourite one off/supporting characters from the series.

An interesting(well for me anyway) question I was thinking about recently having rewatched a far bit of B5, how would the story have turned out differently if the enforced wrap up at the end of season 4 hadnt taken place?

Just guesswork of course but I'd say the shadow war would still probabley have ended part way though the 4th season although maybe a few episodes latter. 6 episodes might seem a short way to finish off something thats built for 3 seasons but once you get to that level of tension I don't think its possible to throw in "sidetrack" episodes or events without them seeming distracting. I'd guess the main difference would be that the earth conflict wouldnt have been solved as quickly, probabley not until part way though season 5 when the drak/centuri plot would have taken over. The early parts of season 5 where afterall the only time that the series felt directionless to me. If that was the case I'd say it would have proved a great help as even sidetrack episodes that didnt advance the main plots benefied greatly from the general sense of tension those plots created.

Last edited by MoreOrLess; 10-29-2004 at 07:02 AM
Old 11-07-2004, 04:23 PM
Master Fan

Haven't been by this thread in a long time.

The Shadows still creep me out when rewatching the episodes. I'm not sure what it was about them: the way that they look, like giant spiders, the way their ships scream as they appear in the sky, the way that the ships actually crumple up as they "die", or if it's a combination of everything. But they freak me out.

Oh, and the "What do you want?" is so ominous that everytime I hear it on another TV show, it makes me shiver slightly. The influence of Bab5.

I enjoyed the first three Star Trek series (only watched Voyager for a while, and never tried Enterprise). Yet, in terms of what I think really could happen for our futures, I feel that Babylon 5 was more believable. One of my favorite moments is in The Parliament of Dreams, when Sinclair is showing earth's "prominent belief system", and he has this long line of people from a variety of different religions. I believe that, even hundreds of years from now, people will still have their religious beliefs, and that they won't have completely merged into one overriding belief system. Yet, there's still the hope that even with differences, there can be respect and acceptance.

I like the fact that B5 admitted that it was very unlikely humanity would become perfect and totally harmonious in the future. Might be nice in some ways, but it hasn't happened yet, and I'm not sure it'll happen in 200 more years. But there was always hope that we would keep working on making things better.

(Oh, just for the record, I'm a huge Firefly fan, and don't consider it to be overrated at all. Not as good as Bab 5, perhaps, but still, awfully good. )

icon by lunas_borednow

Last edited by Anla; 11-07-2004 at 04:34 PM
Old 11-08-2004, 02:20 AM
Elite Fan

THe whole 500 years in the future and Humanity is still a big festering pile of crud...along with several other races.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:43 AM
Master Fan

I'm hoping to get the S4 DVD set as a holiday gift. Being left at the whole "Jump. Jump now!" thing in my rewatching is hard (even though I know what's going to happen).

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 11-11-2004, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar
THe whole 500 years in the future and Humanity is still a big festering pile of crud...along with several other races.
Humanity will probably be extinct in 500 years.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:43 AM
Elite Fan

Do you promise?

I think we'll all be Vulcans.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi guys

Just wanted to leave a quick note, saying hello Bab5 is a fantastic show. But I have to admit that i don't really like season 5. The first 4 seasons are the best

Andie
Old 11-15-2004, 05:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Andie_coffeeaddicted
Just wanted to leave a quick note, saying hello Bab5 is a fantastic show. But I have to admit that i don't really like season 5. The first 4 seasons are the best
Welcome to the B5 thread!

I didn't care for S5 either, got pretty bored with it actually. I think I've only watched S5 once, as compared to the other seasons that I watched dozens of times.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Raonaild
Welcome to the B5 thread!

I didn't care for S5 either, got pretty bored with it actually. I think I've only watched S5 once, as compared to the other seasons that I watched dozens of times.
Thanks

You have to get bored with that storyline. Bab5 storyline was finished with the last season 4 eppy. I was so bored of season 5 that I stopped watching it.

I bought season 1-4 on dvd box That's enough.

Anyone thought that Marcus death was so sad?

Andie
Old 11-16-2004, 02:29 AM
Elite Fan

Very romantic to some...

for those interested...head of the www.isnnews.net before end of day 11/15...they're having some drawings to support Richard Bigg's memorial.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Andie_coffeeaddicted
Anyone thought that Marcus death was so sad?
Yes. Marcus was one of my favorite characters. But it was in character for him, I thought, so I accepted it (I have a friend who got hooked on the show who still refuses to watch that part of the episode - she's in denial).

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 11-16-2004, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Anla
Yes. Marcus was one of my favorite characters. But it was in character for him, I thought, so I accepted it (I have a friend who got hooked on the show who still refuses to watch that part of the episode - she's in denial).
Yeah, you're right. It wasn't out of character for him to give up his own life to save the love of his life. I think Susan ment everything to him. It was a very special realtionship! Still at the beginning... sad for Susan that she hadn't the chance to explore it

Andie
Old 11-17-2004, 02:47 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know...something tells me that Susan maybe didn't feel the same way...and Marcus knew that. Yet he did it the same...somewhat makes it more sad.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread